The online racing simulator
Setup 'Rename' function.
(11 posts, started )
Setup 'Rename' function.
It seems Scawen is going to be doing a review of how the setup management works, so I thought i'd throw this one in there.
At the moment, I find it very hard to remember which setup I did what times with and what the setup was like. I could just name the files with the times in, but its slightly annoying to have to make a new set then delete the old one. So simple rename function would be well worth adding.
:up: Yup
#3 - M.Mos
Yep helpfull , but it would save you just 2 clicks .... so very low priority for me.
Yeah, and the worst thing is when you make a typo, have to delete the set and copy it again.

That and deleting replays from inside LFS would certainly be handy on the file management side of things.
I'd also like to see a small comments field for each set. This way you can tell how the setup handles, and maybe problems it has, like excessive tyre wear for example.

You could also stick in your best lap with that particular set.

I mentioned this on RSC a few weeks ago, but I thought it just bring it up on these forums too. This would be very handy, and shouldn't be too bad to implement.
Quote from colcob :It seems Scawen is going to be doing a review of how the setup management works, so I thought i'd throw this one in there.
At the moment, I find it very hard to remember which setup I did what times with and what the setup was like. I could just name the files with the times in, but its slightly annoying to have to make a new set then delete the old one. So simple rename function would be well worth adding.

i agree
#7 - (SaM)
For now a rename function of setups and a delete function has my vote!
For my LFS Grand Prix I'm working alot with replays and it would save me ALOT of work if only I could delete some that are obsolete.
Color setups or mechanical setups could have a rename function...its very annoying that thing.
#9 - Reed
We really do need a more robust in-game setup management system. Same for replays. We can't even delete them in-game at the moment. And being able to store comments for each setup or replay is a great idea. Maybe one day our fastest lap time will be automatically embedded into the corresponding setup for that car and track.
I don't even bother renaming setups/replays/anything anymore. I'm honestly that lazy. I just name them something that I would know to keep.

*My vote yes*
Gets my vote!

Setup 'Rename' function.
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG