The online racing simulator
Phones (Buying Advice + Question On LG's)
(51 posts, started )
#27 - Jakg
She had a go on one, she didnt like it.

Like i said, earlier today she bough a Lilac LG Chocolate anyway.
Jakg, you have done really well for yourself. Well done fella
Is it 50 pounds a month deal or how can a phone be that cheap?
#30 - Jakg
It's £50 one off.

A phone is between free (Carphone Warehouse are selling phones for £10 inc £10 credit) and £500 (!) in the UK.
http://www.letsgodigital.org/i ... n/109/nokia_5300_zoom.jpg

Nokia 5300, I baught mine a few month ago for 50 quid, I beleive the're down to 40 now though and I got a £10 discount for giving them my old phone.

I've only ever seen the black one (One I got) and the white one as in the pic. Only suggesting it as it's great for music and stuff, only 200mb memory in it so you i'd guess your wanting more so a gb memory card shouldn't be more than a tenner. You also get a set of speakers with it, quite small but they fold out, never used them as the sound quality on the phone is good enough anyway and loud.

Got all the rest of the crap like bluetooth n stuff, only thing is the camera is only 1.3Megapixel.

Backing up stuff on mine is quite simple tbh, just plug it in and it shows up like a USB stick, can see all the files and adding or removing things is rather simple. If you do go for the same phone again, wouldn't you just be able to do the same and save all the old files and slap them into the new phone? :/
#32 - Jakg
I suspect it has a seperate "memory" to the main phone memory, when you plug it in you see the memroy where music is saved.

In the end we decided that it was easier to use a spare SIM and forward the texts to the new phone.
Quote from The General Lee :Jakg, you have done really well for yourself. Well done fella

Lies... I have exclusive picture of what his girlfriend actually looks like:
Attached images
05-01-08_0837.jpg
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Lies... I have exclusive picture of what his girlfriend actually looks like:

Your hand? Jak's a lucky lad then.
That's his hand... :hide:

Although after years of experience, my hand is actually pretty damn good and he'd be damn lucky to have my hand.
#36 - Jakg
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Lies... I have exclusive picture of what his girlfriend actually looks like:

When you said "Just gonna get my Mom's [sic] camera" i knew this was coming....
Quote from The General Lee :Jakg, you have done really well for yourself. Well done fella

Thanks for your help on the phone thing.

hint hint

EDIT - Dustin, in my house we have a Kodak-obsession. We have a DX4530, a DX4550 and my Z740. I also have my phone, a Motorola E398, which as a VGA camera on it.. That pic was taken with a 1.3 Megapixel Motorola camera, thus, it cannae be me!
I forget what camera my mom has, and I got frustrated with finding it, so I used your cellphone camera to take a picture of your hand for you?
Damn O2 shop, won't even show itself to me. "We're not able to sell it to you" bah, I don't want you to sell it to me, I want you to show it. Not going to bother with a proxy.
Don't buy a Nokia N73 then upgrade the firmware to v4.whatever, kills bluetooth connectivity with OSX.

There's my useful fact for the day - expect nothing other from drivel for the rest of the day.
Quote from sam93 :Those Iphones are apperently really expensive when you go to the apple store and get one with everything for it, my aunti went it and in the end it added up to £1,500 just for a phone.

Wtf!?! The phone costs £269 and there is nothing else needed. You get everything you need with the phone.

Quote from duke_toaster :Which is locked to a network, costs two arms, two legs, two testicles and a kidney and had a camera so slow they had to remove the video.

It's only locked until you unlock it... It doesn't cost that much considering what it is capable of. The camera is great quality, could be improved but i never use a camera on a phone anyway.
iPhone's (if you are willing to pay £269 for a phone) are an amazing device, definitely the best money i've spent in a long time.
Quote from nikimere :Wtf!?! The phone costs £269 and there is nothing else needed. You get everything you need with the phone.

An iPhone and cheapest contract is £899.
Quote from http://shop.o2.co.uk/iPhone :£269 including free standard delivery
Only with a new minimum term 18 month Pay Monthly O2 tariff for iPhone

Yes, you have the 18 month bill pay contract, but you'd be paying for it anyway, whether through Pay as you Go or Bill Pay...
i have a LG Chocolate its cool me thinks so, i like the touchpad and my dog happily walks around with it without braking
ive u need help with it just yell or pm me
Because you cant buy it from anyone else. O2 have it tied down.
But you can unlock the phone before activating the contract or phone with O2.
#47 - Jakg
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Ah, then whats the point in buying it with gammy O2?

O2 PWN.

They give the best signal (here, at least), and while T-Mobile (my last provider) do no deals, just 10p a text (Pay as you go), O2 give me (for a tenner a month, which is what i usually top-up)

300 Free texts (any numbers)
1000 Free texts (to "top 10" O2 numbers - aka my girlfriend lol)
£5 credit
Every 3 months i get £3 back (10% of the last 3 months top-ups)

And this is on a Pay-As-You go! If i dont need it, i just dont pay!
Quote from nikimere :But you can unlock the phone before activating the contract or phone with O2.

Hoho I did not know that, all contracts I've been on have been signed up to in shop, thats the only reason I said it adds up to £899. Tbf I guess most people do pay that tough.
Quote from Jakg :O2 PWN.

They give the best signal (here, at least), and while T-Mobile (my last provider) do no deals, just 10p a text (Pay as you go), O2 give me (for a tenner a month, which is what i usually top-up)

300 Free texts (any numbers)
1000 Free texts (to "top 10" O2 numbers - aka my girlfriend lol)
£5 credit
Every 3 months i get £3 back (10% of the last 3 months top-ups)

And this is on a Pay-As-You go! If i dont need it, i just dont pay!

Nice! In Ireland O2 really do suck...I'm with Meteor (I think it's Orange in the UK, I'm not sure) and I top up by €20 a month, and get unlimited free texts and free phone calls to one nominated person...

About the iPhone, what happens if you buy it direct off Apple, and stick any SIM into it?
Quote from nikimere :Are we talking about the same thing? The Apple iPhone? Because i only paid £269 and anyone else i know with an iPhone only paid £269 (http://store.apple.com/Apple/W ... shop_iphone/family/iphone)
I'm not paying any contract with my iPhone

She didn't price it up with any network, it was from a apple shop in the trafford centre in manchester and with everything for it, by that I mean extras what don't come with the phone added up to £1,500, thats when they first came to the country. I know what there price is now, but that is only when I had a look for them on the net the other day.

Phones (Buying Advice + Question On LG's)
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG