The online racing simulator
LFS Beginners Cup
(240 posts, started )
I woudnt mind joining if possible (T'wud depend on times etc due to family >:|) To proove im a noob: Just switched to wheel my fastest FBM BL1 lap with kb was 1.16 now its 1.18 with wheel so im not exacly fast <3
id be interested, ive only had s2 since christmas eve.
Quote from cougar7005 :id be interested, ive only had s2 since christmas eve.

Good for you - I got it one day before!

UPDATE: We have a new website: http://new-dimension-racing.bravehost.com/index.html. My little 'company' is New Dimension Racing, and it's the lot who are organising this, the LFS Beginner's Cup and the soon-to-arrive LFS Multi-Make Challenge - coming Summer 2008!
Calendar V0.2!

R1: BL GP - either XFG/XRG
R2: FE RX - RB4
R3: SO SPR 2 R - UF-BR (trust me - fantastic combo!)
R4: WE INT - FXO/RB4/XRT (poss enduro)
R5: an AX layout - MRT
R5: KY NA R - FBM
R6: AS NA - XRR/FXR/FZR (poss enduro)
R7: FE BL? - RAC/LX6/FZ6

Suggestions Please

For V0.3, will update with number of laps.
Quote from J@tko :
R4: WE INT - FXO/RB4/XRT (poss enduro)

Please, not WE1 with TBOs. I think with GT3-restricted GTRs would work much better here.
I would suggest AS North with the TBOs (I love AS North :shy and maybe SO Long as the endurance round with the big GTRs.

It's the 7th round so the participants should be able to drive with walls surrounding them.
This is gunna be cool

I have no problem with any combos really ill just try to adapt to the different style of driving :P
Hey,

I bought S2 yesterday and would love to be involved in the beginers cup!
This sounds like really good idea to help beginners learn about different leauges

I know I have been around for a year and a bit, but I just got a G25 and still am about 5 - 8 seconds off my normal pace. (which is about 10th place in a 20 car field)

It would be really hard for me to get the time off to race but if I can I would be interested.

P.S. I just got my G25 when the PB's were reset.. so I think most of mine should be with the G25 instead of my old wheel.
I am interested too. Bought S2 license 1 month ago.
Quote from GTR_Yuni :Please, not WE1 with TBOs. I think with GT3-restricted GTRs would work much better here.

I can't stand Westhill at all! See post underneath next quote.

Quote from zeugnimod :I would suggest AS North with the TBOs (I love AS North :shy and maybe SO Long as the endurance round with the big GTRs.

It's the 7th round so the participants should be able to drive with walls surrounding them.

What I wanted was one version of each track and as many classes of car as possible. So it would be easy to swap over the TBO to AS NO and GTRs to SO LO. With the thing about GT3 cars, how restricted are they. I might slot them in. I'm off to do a little testing now and will report back.
Quote from LFSWorld :Online Statistics for lfsn00b
Travelled Distance: 41622 Ml

I would assume that means no?
Hey, maybe we should allow a couple "Pros" in just to be Coaches to critique driving of the less experienced drivers.

One certainly doesn't want something like the NASCAR Busch Series, what with all the "Buschwhackers".

I'm formulating a plan for coverage of this league. I'm trying to think what's worth it at the start..just video recaps (precanned) or F1-style "world feed" that would be distributed for use.

d
I'm interested. I used to play a ton pre-s1 with the mouse on blackwood (XR mainly). I did play S1 for a bit (even joined a team) but I mainly stuck to blackwood/XR/demo.

I don't remember the last time I played - maybe a year or more (?) but I'm pretty awful now. I just purchased S2 last week. Nearly all the cars/tracks are new to me.
Can I join? Almost all of my mileage is from cruise servers
Got a G25 about 3 weeks ago, so I'm fairly slow

Quote from LFSWORLD :
Travelled Distance - 7700 Miles
Laps - 1250
Races Won - 16
Drags / Wins - 64 / 23

hey man this sounds really cool i would love to sign up(if not full already)
oh and i just got my S2 on boxing day
Quote from Hurley24 :hey man this sounds really cool i would love to sign up(if not full already)
oh and i just got my S2 on boxing day

No its not full ( - no where near!)

For all: Sign up thread is here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=36304
Please read all the other threads in the LFS Beginner's League Forum too.
R1: BL GP - XFG/XRG - 10 laps
R2: FE RX - ALL Road Cars - 14 laps
R3: SO CH R - UF-BR/XF-JR - 25 laps
R4: AS NO - FXO/RB4/XRT - 7 laps
R5: an AX layout - MRT - ?
R6: KY NA R/chicane - FBM - 9 laps
R7: SO LO - XRR/FXR/FZR (enduro) - 20 laps w/pit stop
R8: FE BL - RAC/LX4/FZ6 - 5 laps

are you shure about the number of laps??
the enduro shuld be longer than R3: SO CH R - UF-BR/XF-JR - 25 laps

enduro might be: 60 laps or so... something around two hours of intense racing

we might fix some layouts too, so nobody goes over the grass and cause accsidents with other cars that dont drive on grass...

but anyway I am looking forward to this event
Quote from mfekjaer :
are you shure about the number of laps??
the enduro shuld be longer than R3: SO CH R - UF-BR/XF-JR - 25 laps

enduro might be: 60 laps or so... something around two hours of intense racing

we might fix some layouts too, so nobody goes over the grass and cause accsidents with other cars that dont drive on grass...

but anyway I am looking forward to this event

Neither me nor the race admin have the time to do a 2h enduro. That's why it's only about 30 mins (p.s - the combo is quite hard for 30 mins - let alone 2hs!). All the other races are about 20 mins.

If you want to change the layouts CTRA style to stop people cutting then you can. P.S, can you choose a car for round 1 in the Round 1 Entry list and information thread in the New Dimension Racing Events Forum in the Leagues and events section.
Quote from J@tko :Neither me nor the race admin have the time to do a 2h enduro. That's why it's only about 30 mins (p.s - the combo is quite hard for 30 mins - let alone 2hs!). All the other races are about 20 mins.

You shouldn't call it "enduro" then, tbh.

A 30 minute race is closer to a sprint race than an endurance race.
Is it too late for me to join, I've had LFS for nearly a year now but I've nevr been able to properly race online because my PC was pap until I built a new custom one (it's in the repair shop at the minute, probably down to shoddy workmanship:guilty.
Quote from zeugnimod :You shouldn't call it "enduro" then, tbh.

A 30 minute race is closer to a sprint race than an endurance race.

True . I'll call it a short enduro!

Quote from Mike Bingo :Is it too late for me to join, I've had LFS for nearly a year now but I've nevr been able to properly race online because my PC was pap until I built a new custom one (it's in the repair shop at the minute, probably down to shoddy workmanship:guilty.

Nope - sign up in the 'New Dimension Racing Team Events' section of the Leagues and Events sub-section.
Why not just make it an enduro then :P 50 lap race maybe like 4 mandatory pit stops
Quote from J@tko :Neither me nor the race admin have the time to do a 1 or 2h enduro. That's why it's only about 30 mins (p.s - the combo is quite hard for 30 mins - let alone 2hs!). All the other races are about 20 mins.

LFS Beginners Cup
(240 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG