The online racing simulator
Race length much shorter?
Have all the race lengths been shortened? Especially on CTRA2 and 3 which used to have quite long racers? They always seemed to last about 10 minutes per race. Now most seem to be over in around 5 to 6 minutes.

Not even enough time for the new clutch overheat to have an effect.
I like the shorter races. faster points and a more "winner takes all" type of thing.
Actually longer races lead to *more* points so you're not getting them any faster with the short ones
I love that they have reduced the lengt of the races
Hmm not sure. I did like the longer races. It seperates the boys from men . Al you see now is people hotlapping like crazy and taking you out bcus of a fast lape. Escpecially on SS it is getting crazy. I been taking out on T1 almost every race. It is crazy people trying to win races at T1. It was settled down lately but since Y patch it starts all over again.

Secondly the tyres dont seem to lest that long. They wear down a bit to quick in my point of view. You can do 3 of 4 lapes and there shot. Like driving on ice. So in that point its good shorter races but the shorter races make people more agressive.
Quote from niels1 :Hmm not sure. I did like the longer races. It seperates the boys from men . Al you see now is people hotlapping like crazy and taking you out bcus of a fast lape. Escpecially on SS it is getting crazy. I been taking out on T1 almost every race. It is crazy people trying to win races at T1. It was settled down lately but since Y patch it starts all over again.

Secondly the tyres dont seem to lest that long. They wear down a bit to quick in my point of view. You can do 3 of 4 lapes and there shot. Like driving on ice. So in that point its good shorter races but the shorter races make people more agressive.

People are not more agressive than before. I also got wiped out in T1 every damn time on SS and Race1 when there was 10 min+ races. I think it`s a good thing, because then you don`t have to wait like 20 minutes to race again, because some silly people didn`t know how to brake.
Hmm, I hear a lot of people say they are taken out in the first corner,.
I drive most all my LFS time on the SS-servers but I don't have the same experience as you guy's.
It almost never happens to me. Maybe I have more luck, but I think there is more to it.
First of all, choose your position. If you go on the outsite of the corner then you will meet everyone who missed his breakpoint, so stay on the inside.
Secondly,WATCH your mirrors, it really is possible to see things comming before they hit you. So you can avoid an accident.
Third, Stay away from noobs, If you are not a noob yourself then that would not be a problem because your faster. If you are in front of the grid then they can't hit you.
If you are a good driver than you must be able to interact with the bad (not so good) drivers and keep your yellow flag ratio under the 10%
Regarding the being taken out at T1 everyone in the grid should be aware that T1 is a lot slower than the rest of the corners, since the entire pack is trying to get round a single corner at once. Brakes should be used liberally, and by that I mean the brake pedal, not other cars. If anyone does fail to brake and it takes others out, then I would report it, especially if any positions lost aren't given back/it causes the person hit to have to retire.
Quote from Demon68 :Hmm, I hear a lot of people say they are taken out in the first corner,.
I drive most all my LFS time on the SS-servers but I don't have the same experience as you guy's.
It almost never happens to me. Maybe I have more luck, but I think there is more to it.
First of all, choose your position. If you go on the outsite of the corner then you will meet everyone who missed his breakpoint, so stay on the inside.
Secondly,WATCH your mirrors, it really is possible to see things comming before they hit you. So you can avoid an accident.
Third, Stay away from noobs, If you are not a noob yourself then that would not be a problem because your faster. If you are in front of the grid then they can't hit you.
If you are a good driver than you must be able to interact with the bad (not so good) drivers and keep your yellow flag ratio under the 10%

Hmmm well its defitnly more easy in front. But the thing is when in back try to avoid a pile up through a blind corner ?? There is no way you can see that. Sure yellow flashing in screen but what does it say : A accident thats it. There are to many unexperienced drivers out there who want to make a mesh at T1. Last night on SS was a nightmare out of 10 races I been taking out 7 times.

Getting in front is that way nearly impossble. People think they can drive a car through a corner with new patch. Its more difficult more fun tho. But I getting sick of the wreckers and crashers currently. Especially after last night. Its not funny anymore. Once infront its better I know. Been there but when you taking out several times you always end up starting back and then try to get up front.

Just isnt funny anymore.
#10 - VoiD
Quote from niels1 :... But I getting sick of the wreckers and crashers currently.

What´s the problem..?

We have a solution for this kind of behavior, use it!

Reported two drivers yesterday to CTRA and one of them directly to Wrecker Barricade...
Quote from niels1 :Getting in front is that way nearly impossble. People think they can drive a car through a corner with new patch. Its more difficult more fun tho. But I getting sick of the wreckers and crashers currently. Especially after last night. Its not funny anymore. Once infront its better I know. Been there but when you taking out several times you always end up starting back and then try to get up front.

Just isnt funny anymore.

I can understand your fustration, but the beautiful thing of ctra is that your place on the grid is based on your laptime and not on your finish position.
So why keep crashing in T1? Just keep it cool in T1 (or wait 5 seconds at startline), let everyone crash then steer around them a drive a fast lap.
That way you get the start position you deserve.
Yeah I probably must start using more the report fill out .
I always am a bit more into education but that doesnt seems to do the job, so yeah report fill out time
#13 - VoiD
#14 - VoiD
Today I raced a few 3-lappers on CTRA2/AS5r. Quite entertaining but way to short.

Sam, we need more laps. Let´s say ~15 minutes..?
14 laps of Fe1 was great this afternoon. Longer races are so much better
i enjoy the short races for now because it helps with finding new setup adjustments, but you sure can't afford to make a mistake (or get taken out at T1) because there's no time to get positions back.
Nooo!
Not go back to long races
Please Sam, pleease, is there no way to have max lengt of race to 8 minutes or something?
Quote from The Very End :Nooo!
Not go back to long races
Please Sam, pleease, is there no way to have max lengt of race to 8 minutes or something?

They should be even longer!
Minimum of 15 minutes per race. The longer the better.
I like longer races. I take good care of my tyres* so I have no problem racing for more than a few laps.

*read: I drive so slowly that my tyres wont wear out
#21 - SamH
I've made lots of adjustments since this thread started.. how are the race lengths these days? Still too short/long/? Or are they about right in each server?

If you have issues, please identify the server you mean because race lengths are set per-server
Quote from SamH :I've made lots of adjustments since this thread started.. how are the race lengths these days? Still too short/long/? Or are they about right in each server?

i was not able to race the last two days, but for sure the races
are still way too short

everything under 30min is way too short, for sure
#23 - VoiD
CTRA2:

AS4 Historic; runs 3 laps ~ 9 minutes: way to short, 5 laps would be perfect

SO6 Chikane; runs 8 laps ~ 10 minutes: not sure about this, maybe 13-14 laps laps

The goal should be ~15 minutes for pick-up-races. This would add a more tactical approach for all drivers and will stop the hotlappers.
"Take care for your tyres and they will take care for you" - Highwave

AS5r GP runs 8 laps ~ 26 minutes. I´m fine with that. Is this our first "endurance"-combo..?

...to be continued
#24 - SamH
Hmm.. I think we may be looking at a bug. There shouldn't be such big differences in race lengths on a single server. Each race should be roughly the same length. I'll go bug-hunting
#25 - VoiD
Thx for fixing, Sam

AS5r GP runs 3 laps now; ~10 minutes, one more lap plz

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG