The online racing simulator
The forum is going to explode with all the demo drift0rs complaining once the patch goes offical.
Buy earplugs then :P

Wonder what the devs reasoning is?

DK
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Buy earplugs then :P

DK

I bet a condition of them using the FBM is that it must be freely available to everybody (no purchase necessary type of thing), and it would be too generous to add it as a 4th car.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Buy earplugs then :P

DK

Well, it does give a better impression of lfs, showing more types of racing now that there's a singleseater in it.
Better that the FBM be attracting "real" racers that d0rift0rz, so I think it's fine that they've got the FBM instead.

Edit: And what joen said above.
Quote from geeman1 :The forum is going to explode with all the demo drift0rs complaining once the patch goes offical.

I think many of use are secretly hoping to see that :munching_
Deggis, I wouldn't be suprised it that Smilie, looks EXACTLY like you
Quote from deggis :I think many of use are secretly hoping to see that :munching_

So we can spam that they should buy S2 to get all the features and write pages about how good lfs is
Quote from Blackout :FBM replaces XRT in demo.

Too bad for the demo driftorz muaahhahahahaahahhaha

Formula BMW in demo? Noooooooooooooo.

I think that the demo had to be more limited

Only XF GTi and the XR GT.

The formula was to be a "unique content" for licensed racers, no?
Quote from deggis :

Good choice, I think it was finally a good time to update the car selection in the demo... altough XRG should have been removed.

Well, atleast now there's 2 complete car classes, the FBM and the XRG/XFG, rather than having 1 and then a 1/3 of a class.
decided to post this here, thought it would be more likely to be seen:

Quote :Hi there, wasnt sure where to post this but i just wanted to drop a line to the developers and hope that they will read this..

I have driven the FB02 quite alot IRL.. and now ive tried it in LFS, its a fun car to drive, but it did not feel quite to what i was expecting from my rl experience..

first simple thing, the sound..

secondly, its how the car handles, the rear end of the rl car was very diferent, it had more "oversteering" moments, but was alot easier to hold in it, while in the game now, it feels so HP gimped that it cant spin wheels, and you can just nail the throttle..

gearbox, does not work for me, i mean its like the real thing, ill agree, but as the one that drove the car (scawen?) must have felt, and should feel now, that untill we have "force feedback sequential gear leavers" for our wheels, it wont be the same, because there you could feel when the right moment was to change gears... also you can flatshift in the FBMW if you bounce it of the rev limiter...

i love the looks of it thou, and the physics feel quite alot like the real life experience except what i noted above..

if it wasnt the FBMW that i love for a RL car, I wouldnt be telling you guys about this, because i had a blast out of driving it.. but it didnt quite feel like the real thing..

.. please excuse my spelling as english is not my native language

edit: wanted to add that i had a g25 btw
Quote from hugoluis :The formula was to be a "unique content" for licensed racers, no?

The demo is supposed to be a representation of the full product. It is now a much better representation while offering no more content.
To illustrate how much Blackwood has changed: here is a picture of a lap on the "old" BL1 (the red line), drawn on a map of the new BL1. Almost all turns have become tighter, and there is less space between T1 and the chicane. The track length has decreased some 100 metres.
Attached images
BL1.PNG
Ooh.. just did a few laps on the testpatch and I *love* the new BMW. Like the FOX, but.... nicer.

One thing though, only having two pedals and not used to having to manually blip to change up really hurt my ankle after only two laps.

Also, the much smaller run-off at the corner after the big back straight caught me out every single lap
Quote from kekkart :decided to post this here, thought it would be more likely to be seen:

edit: wanted to add that i had a g25 btw

How much of difference in experience you can put to small picture, not moving seat, not so good FFB wheel (even best is not very good really, technology used is rather old) and how much you could pinpoint to be actual faults in simulation?

I would say it is damn hard to tell without having 180 degree picture in motion simulator and some far more advanced steering, even picture size affects so huge amount, can't imagine how much those other things.

Haven't driven such car IRL, so I don't know too much of how it handles, but if you put same settings to LFS car and real car, then compare them by scientific test, I would think we could find out how much there is difference, I would guess that pretty little, but impossible to say without testing that way.
Just want to say that i love the new car too

Its rly great, and very funny to drive

First i thought it would be hard to drive with only 2 pedals, with the new clutch system, but it works rly nice, and is more realistic.

Very nice patch
I loaded up X30 to give it a go and <gasp!>, there's only 3 servers!!!

Oh! Everyone is in the new car with full grids on around 15 servers

Hehehe, I want to try out all the new stuff, just don't want to do it in a boring open wheeler

Filter out the new car and it's.... 3 servers....4 if you include cruise....
Quote from mrodgers :I loaded up X30 to give it a go and <gasp!>, there's only 3 servers!!!

Oh! Everyone is in the new car with full grids on around 15 servers

Hehehe, I want to try out all the new stuff, just don't want to do it in a boring open wheeler

Filter out the new car and it's.... 3 servers....4 if you include cruise....

Now listen old grumpy men, I do hate open wheelers, yet I do love racing in that new car, it is really incredible for close racing, I even forget that it is open wheeler, so much fun I had with it ;D

It seems to be that there are open wheelers that are actually fun to drive

Only thing is that I need bigger screen to enjoy that more, my gfx card's dvi got fried and shows everything in shades of purple
I actually think that the FBM might become a car I like, just because I usually hate openwheelers, but this one seems to be... more predictable like a road car.
It is a beautiful car, it isnt just predictable it seems to have EMENCE ammounts of grip, even when using a mouse it seems to just grip and grip and grip....then you push it that LITTLE bit toooo far and you spin and look like an idiot....LOL
JTbo, thanks for the set. Worked well, or would if I kept it out of the gravel after the straight . I think that had mostly to do with having a clutch pedal now, and my throttle/brake isn't set right under my desk now to be able to left foot brake. Still getting use to braking with right foot....

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it. Or in my "grumpy old man " abilities I've never noticed in older patches, there is a green light at the end of at least Blackwood track. Has this always been there in the previous patches? It is new I believe. Didn't seem to do anything as of yet though, just stayed green.

Very nice patch. It was great hearing the gearing wind down when stalled after spinning and the car moving backwards while tranny was still in 3rd.

Need to do some work with my clutch. It doesn't feather very well.
Quote from mrodgers :JTbo, thanks for the set. Worked well, or would if I kept it out of the gravel after the straight . I think that had mostly to do with having a clutch pedal now, and my throttle/brake isn't set right under my desk now to be able to left foot brake. Still getting use to braking with right foot....

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it. Or in my "grumpy old man " abilities I've never noticed in older patches, there is a green light at the end of at least Blackwood track. Has this always been there in the previous patches? It is new I believe. Didn't seem to do anything as of yet though, just stayed green.

I think that light is new addition

Remember that you don't need clutch when driving that silly car, just ease a bit of throttle when shifting up, oh and at start bit of clutch is good, but other than that it is all clutchless shifts
However, I've been using clutch shifts to improve my consistency, so I don't miss every shift in 4th - 6th.
Quote from mrodgers :

I think it's new as well could just be eye candy or possibly a hint that in the not too distant future there'll be a use for it, which might mean LFS running in proper sessions with the track closed at times, not sure how great that would be though.
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG