The online racing simulator
Quote from spanks :aaaaaaagh you killed the fox

the powerband feels different, and the rev limiter is set like 200 rpm after horsepower peak..and the shift light (7k) and I hit it constantly. The old fox just starts to run at 7k to 8k, now you fall down to no horsepower on every shift, and you don't get the top end you used to. Not only do I need all new gear ratios, but it seems the fox will never be quite as fast as it used to be

The point is for the simulated car to be more realistic. If that means it's slower than before, so be it.
+1 for digital speedo's
Quote from deggis :Remember this?

Many forum users will have been expecting the finished GTR racing car interiors to be included, as that was originally planned for Patch Y. But the Formula BMW caused a change of plans, so those much anticipated interiors aren't quite ready yet. Anyway, the FZ, XR and XF GTR and road car interiors are near complete and will be released as soon as possible.

Can't think of any more unclear way to say it First of that "as soon as possible" might mean anything in LFS timezone, but what I would like to hope that there would be a nother incompatible (cockpits not possible in compatible) patch soon. I mean how could you say "as soon as possible" if it means another 12+ months perioid until next major patch.

I still don't understand what the quote means TBH. It sounded like some interiors would be released in Y, but not all.. I don't know. I guess it's none at all for now. In retrospect I think he just left out FXR & UFR in his sentence and he mean't all the interiors (GTR & ROAD). Either that or the FXR and UFR are the only ones that ARE done, but won't be released until the others are because he also said before that he wanted them all out at once - which I don't get since we have good SS dashboards and poo everything else, but I digress.

There's also been a quote from Scawen where he did say that interiors don't necessarily need an incomp patch - it was last time he stepped in when folks were whining about Eric's perceived lack of work, I'll see if I can dig it up later.
I can't unlock the game, not even using that copy certain files method, that would enable unlocking on the same pc...
Is this method impossible atm or from now on?
Okay, I was messing around with the AI while I was eating there and I was well impressed with what I saw. Check out the replay and watch AI cars 3 & 9 - don't worry, it's on lap 1.

AI 3 swerves out at the roundabout to avoid AI 2, then waits for the others to pass before trying to rejoin the racing line. AI 9 screws up and rear-ends him, but they both then wait and pull out cleanly.

I wasn't expecting any real AI improvements other than the ability to pit, but that one is definitely another huge step in the right direction!
Attached files
sweet.spr - 1.7 MB - 331 views
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :I still don't understand what the quote means TBH. It sounded like some interiors would be released in Y, but not all.. I don't know. I guess it's none at all for now. In retrospect I think he just left out FXR & UFR in his sentence and he mean't all the interiors (GTR & ROAD).

The XF, XR and FZ road and race car interiors are mainly done and look very nice, but Eric isn't happy to release them yet because of certain details which are wrong or incomplete.

None will be released in Patch Y but they will be released as soon as possible. They are a high priority, along with certain other parts of my work that need to be updated so finally we'll be able to remove the ALPHA tag. These things just take a lot of time as the standard is higher now.
Quote from Scawen :The XF, XR and FZ road and race car interiors are mainly done and look very nice, but Eric isn't happy to release them yet because of certain details which are wrong or incomplete.

None will be released in Patch Y but they will be released as soon as possible. They are a high priority, along with certain other parts of my work that need to be updated so finally we'll be able to remove the ALPHA tag. These things just take a lot of time as the standard is higher now.

Scawen i have to say this, hats off you to you. Great job with the AI and the whole patch in general i love everything only thing is...when trying to load a ai on a game and the car the AI try's to join in , is locked, it says it had a error loading some file..
The bit about interiors sounds great

I'm a little puzzled by the sequentials, though. I thought most?/many?/all?/some? sequential gear boxes needed clutch and throttle blip on downshift, but apparantly they don't work like that in LFS. All I tried you could easily down shift without blipping and the clutch doesn't kick in either (I'm auto clutching). Am I wrong in my (very limited) knowledge about sequentials? Or do we only have types in LFS that don't need blipping and clutching?

(sorry, if this a dumb question or if I have gotten something mixed up)
Quote from tristancliffe :Skewed distance? Can't say I've ever noticed. Besides, real mirrors have skewed distance too...

Don't know was that the right word (by dictionary yes), at least slightly skewed. Things just appear to be much more far away than they actually are. Maybe because it's just the same view as the rear view and not a "real" mirror so to say.

Quote from Scawen :The XF, XR and FZ road and race car interiors are mainly done and look very nice, but Eric isn't happy to release them yet because of certain details which are wrong or incomplete.

Thanks for explaining.
I just have to say Eric's done an incredible job with the new South City. It looks great, it's bumpy and, most importantly, it's great fun to drive on.
Need to write an answer here... :)
Hey Scawen, hey Eric, hey Vic!

You got such a nice patch together... it's just astonishing. We live in a 4 person flat share and 3 of us own a G25 and LFS license (hey, the fourth is a girl :P) and i really have to shout that out: We just had one of our best races in the FBM on the new Blackwood. Such a masterpiece... Like axus said, so many small things changed that they pretty much summ up to a big step forward in sense of immersion.

The only thing i have to say is that BMW should fit a better clutch in the FBM. I think it generates to much heat... even if you do a kickstart it grinds - that shouldn't happen. And a kickstart is the best way to get off for a clutch...!

So... all in all, thanks for all the work went into this patch! We all love the game even more now!

Greets,
Warper

EDIT: And i love the view out of the FBM, you really need to race with your ears, you just don't see cars directly behind you... very nice But get rid of the virtual mirror on backview... thats to arcade!
Sorry but just run it and it is bad for me.
-Digital speedo is mising. Why? Many cars have it in real world.
-RPM Limiter is too low. We are racers. We don't drive not modified cars. This is first think what is changed to higher number.
-Physic. Something good something strange. It makes drifting easier. = Bad My feeling is: It is more arcade.
-Engine automaticly turn of on neutral when is car stopted? Why? This should be only my choice.

Sorry but I think X10 is better.
Did anyone else have the issue where all the skins and setups were deleted? And for some reason when I copy my backups to the game they still do not show up!
Quote from red_wing_2121 :Did anyone else have the issue where all the skins and setups were deleted? And for some reason when I copy my backups to the game they still do not show up!

You have to rename your setups with the car's abbreviation and put them in the new <setups> folder. This has been said several times already.
Just one question: how is it decided whether the downshift goes through on a sequential box? I seem to be doing something wrong there and I'd like to know what to do to correct it.
-
(Cash_FLow) DELETED by Cash_FLow
You didn't read the change log. The setups and color files now use three-letter prefixes. There's at least one batch renamer linked to in the forums, including one specificaly made for this occasion. That one's in the Unoffical Addons forum.
Quote from Scawen :

I think a lot of people who frequent this board need to read the above quote over and over and over and over until their eyes hurt.

Quote from ajp71 :but hopefully at some point the ability to refuel the FBM and FOX will be removed anyway.

what would be the point of that ?
Don't know if it's a bug or it's intentional, but when engine is at idle for about 40 seconds, it stalls automatically.

Only BF1 doesn't auto-stall.

Did anyone else noticed this?
Just read the f*ckin manual

MISSING SETUP?

You have to rename you setups from the BMW SAUBER_RACE_S.set (for example) to BF1_Race_S.set (Change from full name to the 3 charts).

And then put the setups in the SETUP directory, not in settings where they have been before.

Just curious Scawen, will the new car interiors require an incompatible patch? I believe I have seen you mention something like that but I'm not sure anymore.
Are the other road cars going to get new interiors as well? Or are those already finalized?
Anyway, if the FB02 is any indication they are going to look amazing.
Quote from Warper :Just read the f*ckin manual

MISSING SETUP?

You have to rename you setups from the BMW SAUBER_RACE_S.set (for example) to BF1_Race_S.set (Change from full name to the 3 charts).

And then put the setups in the SETUP directory, not in settings where they have been before.

OR use this: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=34759
woot i got 100's of sets in total it will take a lot of time rename that!

edit:BTW ty for this link! vry useful
Quote from Shotglass :what would be the point of that ?

In real life to refuel a Formula Renault or Formula BMW you need to remove the rear bodywork and then remove the fuel cap and squeeze your funnel into the engine bay to the fuel tank filler get out your jerry can then periodically shove a stick in to see how much fuel you've got in the tank. Or in some really awkward fuel tanks with no way you can shove a measuring stick into you have to remove the fuel line pump out all the fuel in the tank into a separate can then refill with the right amount. In short it takes a good 10 minutes to refuel so you'd never consider doing a racing refueling stop in a small single seater.
Possibly a Bug:
I have two operating systems (XP 32bit and Vista 64bit). I think I unlocked LFS in the last version one time for both of them, but I´m not 100% sure.
I extracted and unlocked LFS from XP and switched to Vista after some time. I had to unlock it again but I didn´t think too much about
Now I´m back in XP and it´s locked again :-( Is this expected?

And please give me one more unlock. If you think thats not the place to request then ignore it and I will wait until next week.

Some more notes on this:
- I had Vista 32bit some weeks ago I´m now relativly sure that I unlocked there and not later on 54bit.
- The partitions are mounted under changed paths. That is not my "fault" it happened automatically (but was very good because I have a c: partition on both what is needed for some bad written programs). This only because it could be the reason.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG