The online racing simulator
Could someone be so nice and make a torrent for the patch? The link does not work (server issue)
And then the record for most users online was broken... can we get to 1000? (waiting for the Australians to wake up...)
Quote from andy29 :Downloaded it... extracted it... ran it... can't unlock. So close yet so far :chairfall

Same problem here..
anyone seen the new SO track yet?
i now get a problem saying "could not load font" ??? do anyone know what that is as i sorted the other problem out i had to copy all the eng noises over into that folder. but now another problem
I think the website is down :<
yes it is

OMG I WANNA DOWNLOAD THIS PATCH NOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!
A few Blackwood screens for those who can't try X30 yet
Attached images
lfs_00000020.jpg
lfs_00000021.jpg
lfs_00000022.jpg
lfs_00000023.jpg
lfs_00000024.jpg
lfs_00000026.jpg
lfs_00000027.jpg
Quote from kurent :Removed digital speedo option - now depends on type of car

I can't clearly see the speed on the analogue speedo. Anyone else thinks the same?

+1

The digital speedo was a HUGE part of my racing.... you know... it is A LOT easier to glance down at a digital speedo when coming up to a turn rather then trying to decipher wtf the analog speedo says.... I really hope they change that back.
Seems to work OK but.....

Master server can't connect

Oh, and LFS site seems to have died...
Quote from arco :And then the record for most users online was broken... can we get to 1000? (waiting for the Australians to wake up...)

I'm here, been up since 4am. Nice patch - FWIW - worked for me.

Can't seem to burn out my clutch though I'm really trying.
the new sets are incompatible with the ones in the patch X ??? cuz i cant see the settings ...
Can't unlock it but blackwood in the new formula car looks great. The car is a little slower and easier then the fox i think. I have to get used to the new gear changing thing. No more flatout through the gears

but with autoclutch (don't have a third pedal) you can't damage the clutch that much (well, i did, but that was with constantly driving forward and backwards for a few times) so i don't think G25 users will have an advantage. When clutch is totaly damaged i think you're race is over (i could not drive the car anymore).

And repairs is an option now in pitstops
Quote from JasonJ :I'm here, been up since 4am. Nice patch - FWIW - worked for me.

Can't seem to burn out my clutch though I'm really trying.

Try pulling away in first gear and revers a few times
DAMNNNNNN i wanna try that new BMW!!!! come lfs come oN!!!!
Why on earth has the virtual counters (rev, speedo) been removed on some cars, i cant understand why the Fbmw DOES has Virtual counters and a XFG dont... Remove it completly or dont touch it. This change is stupid and unnessesary... :banghead:

There have been things changed which were good and there are changes which didnt need tobe changed, i simply cant understand some changes... If its good dont touch it...

Im not entirely negative, there are loads of good things, and offcourse its a test patch to fix things... But some changes i simply cant understand, anyways, im gonna make a list of things which imo are strange and unnessasary...

Also the cooling down of the clutch is ridicules slow... It burns up really fast... Too fast imo... The cooling down is ridicules slow. This needs tobe optimized and redone imo..., also when burning up the clutch, were is the smoke???

First time i got irritated with LFS in a long time... With some things that is...

The Fbmw is just good fun, tracks have been updated, imo SC is a bit too clean, a citytrack needs curbstones etc. Ive noticed better textures etc... Thats all good... But these small things are irritating.

Like the russians always say, if it works DONT CHANGE IT...
Quote from livefornow :i now get a problem saying "could not load font" ??? do anyone know what that is as i sorted the other problem out i had to copy all the eng noises over into that folder. but now another problem

YES, your running the 65MB patch without the rest of liveforspeed.

Copy your liveforspeed folder. call it LiveForSpeedTestPatch or something useful. Then put the patch you just downloaded into that new copy of LiveForSpeed.

You should always COPY your working copy of live for speed for test patches. Theres a chance something will go wrong. If you dont want to do all that, wait for the official release of patch Y which holds your hand through into Neverland.
So, I've downloaded it. Do I copy my X version, and then add the new patch to it, or what next?

Thanks in advance for your help

EDIT: I'll read the post above mine!
Quote from chanoman315 :the new sets are incompatible with the ones in the patch X ??? cuz i cant see the settings ...

No, they are in a different folder now and you have to change the prefixes also.
Quote from chanoman315 :the new sets are incompatible with the ones in the patch X ??? cuz i cant see the settings ...

Go back and read the whole thread. There are new folders for setting and car liveries which need to be populated with your old ones from SETTINGS folder. You have to rename them to the three letter names.

There should be a TEST before you can get to the TEST patch.

:edit: I'll read the post above mine ^_^
Loving every single change so far

Such a shame I can't unlock and try the new South City track
Quote from ajp71 :Any news on the master server?

last ive heard of it:
[20:07:57] <vicc> i hate server reboots!
[20:08:10] <vicc> the stress :P

lovely update i really like the car and all but tbh im a bit gutted:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=468716#post468716

Quote from Scawen :In short, don't worry, in the next bunch of physics changes I will be looking at improvements to the collision system.

I like this patch, greater physics. Now when i use handbrake on XRG...... damn what can i say, LFS come more and more realistic, BEST simulator

If u set fully manual clutch you can easily burn it change gear pressed fully accelerator (dont release) and change gear, after few times u make like this and clutch gonna die then only RPM goes fast but not speed
Can't understand how do I drive with mouse in order not to burn the clutch?
So the digital counters cannot be selected on some cars now?

Sounds a bit unrealistic, the Citroen C4 I occationally drive (small hatchback, not unlike the XFG) has completely digital counters, inc speed, rev counter etc.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG