The online racing simulator
#76 - BURN
Im in Looove with the sexy B*tch

THX A LOT

skin is almost done
For the dirt on the windsheild, will be there when coming out of the pits? Because on one of the screenshots, it shows the cockpit of the FBM just coming out of the pits in Blackwood with speckles of dirt on it. Just wondering
Cool. I like the interior and exterior details.

Can't wait for the test run
Yeah, I think it's just a texture rather than a preview of dynamic filth.
I guess the dirt is just a texture on the windscreen, and not dynamically generated.
Quote from ColeusRattus :I guess the dirt is just a texture on the windscreen, and not dynamically generated.

It`s just a simple alpha channel dds file (FBMWwindALPHA.dds). I`ve already made a clear version for when Y comes out, as I don`t really like the look of the speckled one.
Yes the dirt is there on the CMX viewer too. So it's just texture but nice touch anyway.

Were looking for some cockpit pics, didn't find very good ones but found some good hi-res pics, if someone wants to see what details are missing (warning: large pics):

Pretty large collection of pics here (for skinning real liveries):

http://www.formulabmwuk.com/gallery.html --> Events 2007 & Events 2006
Cockpit is awesome!! Way to go Eric you DAWG!

there you go deggis
Attached images
HPIM0631 (Medium).JPG
P1010553 (Medium).JPG
P1010554 (Medium).JPG
P1010572 (Medium).JPG
Time to check this babeh out
I really hope the splatter on the windscreen is a dirt experiment we can have soon on the cars.
The cockpit has one major flaw though: The driver's legs clip through the side pillards/beams (whatever you want to call it), unless it has changed since the last official screenshots...
Could someone mirror the download?

It is blocked for me (@work and no real internet at home).

Thanks in advance.

edit: Ignore me, I found the mirror Thanks Taavi!
I transfered my dds folder to the CMX view folder and came up with this:

-The FBM is AWESOME;
-The BMW Logo is modeled;
-It uses the normal brakes textures (same for all cars) but custom pads (only for this car);
-There's not seat?;
-I'm f**king going to fail my exams tomorow cuz I can't study right now...
Quote from Riders Motion :I transfered my dds folder to the CMX view folder and came up with this:

-The FBM is AWESOME;
-It uses the 'street car' disk brakes (same as XRT, FZ5 etc..) but custom pads (only for this car);
-There's not seat?;

Same happend to me, was jumping the forums the day before exam. Exam for me = HORRIBLE FAIL!
I did pass...barely...
Quote from The Very End :Same happend to me, was jumping the forums the day before exam. Exam for me = HORRIBLE FAIL!
I did pass...barely...

Added a pic of what I was saying when you posted
Comparision between the FOX and the Formula BMW using CMX viewer, out of boredom.

To me it looks like an F-15 compared to an F/A-22. The epmahasis is on the looks here,before someone says something.
Attached images
comparro.jpg
Quote from Thunderhead :Comparision between the FOX and the Formula BMW using CMX viewer, out of boredom.

To me it looks like an F-15 compared to an F/A-22. The epmahasis is on the looks here,before someone says something.

Might be interesting to race it;

Less powered
Wider
Longer

Well, for me it'll be fun as I can't be arsed to drive the oversteering FOX (for me tho...)
fantastic Scavier! thank you!
Quote from tristancliffe :Yeah, I think it's just a texture rather than a preview of dynamic filth.

When I'm surfing for filth, I'm looking for dynamic filth.

Oh, you mean the dirt... nevermind.
Quote from Riders Motion :I transfered my dds folder to the CMX view folder and came up with this:

-The FBM is AWESOME;
-It uses the normal brakes textures (same for all cars) but custom pads (only for this car);
-There's not seat?;

The BMW badge is modelled in 3D, and uses the image in the centre of the steering wheel - put a Ferrari badge on your steering wheel and the whole car magically becomes a Ferrari too
Normal disc texture, and normal race caliper texture (K8_padz I think it's called)
You sit on it, so it doesn't matter Would like to see a seat in there one day perhaps, but not exactly a priority. I am planning on asking Scawen searching questions about seat fittings
If you leave revision to the last night you DESERVE to fail. Tonight should be a quick check and an early night, not studying hard. Muppet.

Quote from three_jump :there you go deggis

Interesting, didn't realize the FBM was monoshock. What this means is that the spring rate has no effect on the roll rate. So the car can be soft when both wheels are loaded simultaneously and hard when rolling.

Why this is a good thing? Beats me. I think FBMW and F3 are the only ones who use it.

Another strange thing: it looks like the front rollbar is non-adjustable.

EDIT: oh wait, that would be what the spacers on that horizontal bit that the connecting rods are attached to are for.
-
(Gabkicks) DELETED by Gabkicks

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG