The online racing simulator
colored smoke question
(36 posts, started )
colored smoke question
ok ive been tryin to make a colored smoke mod. but i can seem to make the smoke look like smoke it is always a box (see screenshot). ive messed arround with the alpha and stuff for a couple hours or so now and i still cant seem to get it. so i want to know how you make it look like smoke and not a box of smoke.
Attached images
lfs_00000077.bmp
Quote from iluuv2sk8 :ok ive been tryin to make a colored smoke mod. but i can seem to make the smoke look like smoke it is always a box (see screenshot). ive messed arround with the alpha and stuff for a couple hours or so now and i still cant seem to get it. so i want to know how you make it look like smoke and not a box of smoke.

I can`t help you when it comes to editing question, because I simply can`t edit anything in LFS :/
But, there is smokemods out there that adds a more realistic smoke, that looks fairly good compared to the old LFS smoke.

But if you are going to do your own, I think it would be hellofalot work.
Maybe you saved it as DXT1 RGB (No Alpha)?
Try saving it as DXT3 ARGB (Explicit Alpha).

In case you fail, here is a yellow/blue/red/green smoke for you
Attached files
smoke.rar - 17.6 KB - 636 views
thanks for the smoke they look pretty cool.ill try the no alpha one that is the only thing i havnt tried yet.thanks for the help!
Maybe its a message, and LFS doesnt want all the coloured smoke?

*rubs chin*
Colored smoke would / looks strange :P
Think I stick with a updated normal smoke
yeah it really is pointless but it is just kinda cool when ur drifting. they do it with real cars so... oh and thanks for the help notredame i finnaly got it to work.
Can you post a screenshot of your colored smoke? Just to see how it's rendering in lfs.

Imo i don't think it's pointless to do such things. It's aimed for drifters it's why people don't agree with the utility.
how??
How to let it work in wich map change it with wich other name
English speak must first learn.
Agree, don`t judge by his language, if you don`t understand him, ignore it and let people that actually can help him do the talk.
English is hard language to master mate
you know what, say it in dutch, and i'll translate for ya guy's =)
I want a rainbow coloured smoke.

(In before Gay Pride...and no I am not gay. . .)
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :I want a rainbow coloured smoke.

Ok, here you go. 30 seconds work. Not the best work I`ve ever done, but it`s late and I really can`t be arsed.
Attached images
fannybaws.jpg
Attached files
DUSTALPHA.dds - 85.5 KB - 500 views
Quote from unseen :Ok, here you go. 30 seconds work. Not the best work I`ve ever done, but it`s late and I really can`t be arsed.

LOL, Looks Bootiful
What, the tires are made of water now, and they're evaporating as you skid? And reflecting light in such a way that they're making rainbows? Muhahahahahaaahahahahaha :nut:
Quote from unseen :Ok, here you go. 30 seconds work. Not the best work I`ve ever done, but it`s late and I really can`t be arsed.

Rofl xD
Great!
Ok, own up. I did this as a joke since crit asked for it (and by looking at the file in the nvidia dds viewer, other people could get an idea of how the effect is created), but 15 people have downloaded it.

Why would anyone really want silly rainbow smoke pouring out their rear tyres?

I`m not taking the piss, I`m just curious as to why anyone would want that ridiculous effect showing up in their game (unless you`re regularly into consuming several acid tabs at the weekend)

can I edit that picture?
Quote from LFSn00b :my turn to hijack the thread.

Since i can't make smoke textures without getting a square in the textures, so, unseen, could ya do a thick, realistic smoke? Thanks in advance

This is about as thick as you can make it, but I wouldn`t call it realistic

***This isn`t the actual smoke file. This is the gay pink dorifto version. The real file is a few posts below***
Attached images
smoke0.jpg
smoke1.jpg
smoke2.jpg
Attached files
DUSTALPHA.dds - 85.5 KB - 511 views
Quote :This is about as thick as you can make it, but I wouldn`t call it realistic

it say drifting is gay...in your smoke..XD!
lol! nice!
I needed to do something to cheer myself up a bit, Niko. I haven`t managed to ditch this flu thing I`ve got that`s now in it`s 3rd week

Unfortunately there isn`t any way to get the smoke much thicker than this as well as keeping it looking fairly natural round the edges. The more detail you put into making the smoke more random/realistic takes away a lot of the thickness.

Here`s the real file used to make the screenshots
Attached files
DUSTALPHA.dds - 85.5 KB - 344 views

colored smoke question
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG