The online racing simulator
Well... Crashed my moped
(43 posts, started )
Quote from harjun :i broke both my arms recently when i was go-karting, you can type, but you have to lean really close to the keyboard, and it hurts your stomach after a while

How on earth did you manage that in a rental kart?
Quote from ajp71 :How on earth did you manage that in a rental kart?

Probably tried to overclock the engine..... (j/k)
ouch that looked like i would of hurt get well soon niko
Quote from ajp71 :How on earth did you manage that in a rental kart?

it wasnt...a rental kart, it was my own cadet kart, a while back, i was going round a corner on the inside, there were like, tractor tyres, it was like, my first time in that, i turned a little too much, and i was knocked unconcious, dunno how i managed to break both arms though quite a mystery
#30 - Jakg
You knocked a tyre and broke both arms? I've done some pretty crazy stuff in a rental kart, including going airborne, and running straight into the back of stationary karts, and i've never managed to get any injuries...
Quote from Jakg :You knocked a tyre and broke both arms? I've done some pretty crazy stuff in a rental kart, including going airborne, and running straight into the back of stationary karts, and i've never managed to get any injuries...

i dunno what happened, i was going pretty dam fast, around 40-50mph....and it knocked me in the head or something, tyre from a tracktor, i think back, and say, i'm lucky to be alive...it didn't effect my karting career, i know race rotaxs which go 70mph but i'm quite careful
Hows the bike? hope it doesn't need a respray, pink is an expensive colour. Did the little basket fall off the front?

Seriously though, bad luck, you always fall off bikes, its how you learn the limits. Its a shame because I guess this puts you out of the Challenge Cup, I was really looking forward to lapping you.

Get well soon
Bad luck with the crash. Hope you heal quickly!
#34 - DeKo
Quote from Jakg :You knocked a tyre and broke both arms? I've done some pretty crazy stuff in a rental kart, including going airborne, and running straight into the back of stationary karts, and i've never managed to get any injuries...

managed to crack a mates rib, but thats because these particular karts had a very sharp edge on the seat and i ****ed him into that. Most damage ive seen personally. @harjun, how can you clip a tyre and break both arms though. I cant even work out how you got knocked unconcious with a helmet on by hitting a tractor tyre?

unlucky niko mate, at least now you'll not be making the same mistake again in a hurry.
I'm glad to hear you're alright - sort of... at least alive Also, it's good to know that you consider it a minor setback as opposed to a life changing event. Alot of people I know that have ate it less than what you did swore off bikes or skateboards or surfing because of it.

Quote from Highsider9 :Weren't you wearing a Helmet?

Anyway, glad to hear you're (relativly) ok.

My friend's parents were on a bike and hit by a drunk driver broadside on a New Year's Eve about 9 years ago. The helmets saved their heads just perfectly. Too bad the force of the impact decapitated them.
try and see it this way:
You can never tell where your limits are, if you never had crossed one.
Even by accident, all experience you collect makes you a better driver.

Get well soon, and don't get too mushee about teh girls, it happens some day and it may struck you like a 3 phasic lightning.

@ tristan: The number of phases doesn't matter, it's the voltage and your body-resistance wich results the current flow of deadly energy. and of course the exposure time

regards
Quote from Origamiboy :Probably tried to overclock the engine..... (j/k)

lol but yea niko get better and try not to go in the wrong lane
Riding mopeds and scooters is a serious thing. Always wear the proper riding gear.

Glad your ok. It's a good thing that replacement arms are cheap and easy to find nowadays.
that 2nd pic looks...i mean, what is it ofF?
Sorry to hear that.
Get well soon mate.
Sometimes rl has less grip than Lfs.
Quote from LFSn00b :some pics:
1. not a full cast, i dunno whats the term for the thing when its not broken nor fine :P
2. not for the weak ones, it's a bit deeper than the road rash in my arm and left leg.

Bah! You wimp! I've seen worse from bicycle accidents (arguably going much faster than your moped :P)... I'd be embarrassed to even call that an injury if I were you.

More on the serious side though - get well soon.

PS: As soon as you are able, find a nice open and level grassy or muddy field, dress up properly then go there and practice tumbling and falling all over the place with your moped, it ought to teach you a few things, like keeping your arms closer to your body and rolling
a fall - plus the expression on your folks' face when you return covered in mud and grass will be priceless.
#42 - Jakg
Quote from LFSn00b :Thats Jakg there

....actually if you replace the rather shitty looking Honda Scooter with my frankly gorgeous DNA it is - right down to the armoured leather jacket, although i've still got a rubbish helmet, although the one i'll be buying is freakishly similar to that!
Quote from Jakg :....actually if you replace the rather shitty looking Honda Scooter with my frankly gorgeous DNA it is - right down to the armoured leather jacket, although i've still got a rubbish helmet, although the one i'll be buying is freakishly similar to that!

cool!

Well... Crashed my moped
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG