The online racing simulator
most likely a g25 competitor [Porsche 911 Turbo Wheel]
title says it all i think this can be a good competitor fro the G25 costs a bit more though $350 USD

article from maxconsole.com

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=21308

Quote :Feel the wheel of a Porsche 911 on your PS3 for $350

Peripheral maker Fanatec has revealed new information on its gaming wheel for the PC and PS3 licensed by Porsche known as the "Porsche 911 Turbo S Nordschleife Edition". There are reportedly two versions with the limited one coming complete with a 1GB USB thumb drive which features the same design as the key of a Porsche. The wheels will be going on sale during mid December for a price of around $350 USD.

Full Features Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel:

• Original Porsche 911 Turbo S steering wheel design
• Licensed by Porsche Lizenz- und Handelsgesellschaft mbH
• Authentic metal Porsche logo on wheel
• Hand stitched leather wheel manufactured according to Porsche quality standards
• Compatible with PC and Playstation 3 (all games which support ForceFeedback wheels)
• 6+1 Speed H-pattern gear stick with realistic shifting feel
• Additional exchangeable sequential gear stick included
• Wireless pedals with + 100 hours battery life time (low battery warning on display and optional power supply Cable for simulators)
• Realistic clutch pedal with declining resistance
• Pressure sensitive brake emulation with soft-stop
• Gear sticks are interchangeable and can be mounted on the left or right side
• Turning angle can be adjusted in the wheel to 900°, 360° or 180° or in 1° steps by software
• For PC: Strong table clamps with quick release, special non-slip rubber pads, and Velcro strips on the pedals
keep everything in place. Integrated nuts allow the strong fixation on a gaming cockpit
• For Playstation: Attachable lap wings and the attachment of the gear sticks to the wheel allow comfortable game
play in the living room without the use of a table
• Illuminated button symbols switch automatically between PC and Playstation
• Powerful Mabuchi RS 550 Motor as used in RC cars delivers extra strong ForceFeedback effects
• Additional 2 Force Feedback actuators in the wheel simulate motor vibrations
• Extra smooth and silent belt drive without mechanical dead zone
• High resolution wheel sensor
• TUNING functions with LED display
• Saves up to 5 wheel set-ups
• Adjust ForceFeedback strength during game play
• Adjust sensitivity independent from the game

Official Website: Fanatec.de

asside from that i really dislike the wirelessness this sounds retty good actually:
>Extra smooth and silent belt drive without mechanical dead zone
(especially the silent bit)

this however is just a really bad joke for a 350$ wheel:
Powerful Mabuchi RS 550 Motor as used in RC cars delivers extra strong ForceFeedback effects
yea that motor can rip your arms off TBH **sarcasm**
Heh looks nice £152 dont sound bad either ... If I had the money I'd buy it
#5 - ajp71
Quote from Shotglass :asside from that i really dislike the wirelessness this sounds retty good actually:

It does say that there will be a mains plug in option for those building simulators. I really dislike wireless things as well, really can't see the harm in having a wire to my keyboard and mouse, makes it cheaper and I don't have to worry about batteries
hmm lets add a porsche logo somewhere then we can charge extra.

will reserve judgement till a good review comes out when its released.
there's supposedly a wheel coming out for gt5 as well... i wonder if it will be a g25 with some extra buttons and gt5 logo, or something better.
BAH! looks like a toy more than a wheel. Hate the way the wheel points up the way it does, looks stupid. Nice attempt but G25 is doing really good for me
Quote from Gabkicks :there's supposedly a wheel coming out for gt5 as well... i wonder if it will be a g25 with some extra buttons and gt5 logo, or something better.

I'd bet more likely updated DFP... altough there's no official information yet, as far as I remember there's no info at all. Didn't the rumour start when some Polyphony Digital dev just mentioned "new wheel" in some interview?

Just speculation: How many PS3 players are ready to buy relatively expensive G25 when GT5(P) doesn't even know what clutch means? Well, probably surprisingly many, regarding that many people have already bought it and use it for amazing driving experiences such as NFS: Carbon and Colin McRae: Dirt

Still remember "Goo" from rscnet who was the "Logitech community guy" around the G25 release? I remember he said something that Logitech will not make another as expensive wheel as G25 is anytime soon. Plus so far GT5 has been presented with regular DFP. I think odds are against "updated G25". If they still do, I just wish this time they wouldn't misleadingly market it as "only Playstation wheel" like it was with DFP.

The website should definately have some bigger pics...
http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=210&lang=en

Fanatec's previous wheel was that Speedster something toy-wheel for Xbox 1. No FFB and wasn't it just complete garbage anyway? Well nice that G25 is getting some competition in the first place.

#11 - FL!P
Meh... no buttons, no paddles, battery powered pedals...

No, thanks.
anyone used Fanatec wheel before?
Quote :• Original Porsche 911 Turbo S steering wheel design
• Licensed by Porsche Lizenz- und Handelsgesellschaft mbH
• Authentic metal Porsche logo on wheel

These are the top three features? Way to go.
Quote from FL!P :Meh... no buttons, no paddles, battery powered pedals...

No, thanks.

Whats wrong with these companies, aint they never heard of market research ?. One quick post in here or over at the RSC and they'll soon find out how to build the perfect wheel !

It does look pretty, i'll give them that, so maybe they're targeting the Christmas market when Daddy's looking for a pressie for little Johnny and his copy of CMR Dirt. But other than that it aint ever gonna sway the serious gamer away from a G25, DFP or even the RGT.

Think we got a serious case of style over substance here. "All shirt and no trousers" as we say over here.
wireless would be good if its lag free, the 4 cables coming out of my g25 really get annoying when everything gets tangled up in them since they arent long enough to run behind the desk.
Quote from wildwilly :wireless would be good if its lag free, the 4 cables coming out of my g25 really get annoying when everything gets tangled up in them since they arent long enough to run behind the desk.

Dude yeah. If there's one thing I hate with the G25 its the wires. Though I don't see any other way around it other than making the wires neater (retractable?)
#17 - BURN
Quote from deggis :...
Fanatec's previous wheel was that Speedster something toy-wheel for Xbox 1. No FFB and wasn't it just complete garbage anyway? Well nice that G25 is getting some competition in the first place.

i tried it for 2 weeks with forza and its like u said. there was FFB but its not much hardly noticable
EDIT: u r right Deggis it only got Rumble
EDIT2: yeah found that out too, Shotglass... but i can say fore sure it was no fun at all driving with it

Quote from Mazz4200 :Whats wrong with these companies, aint they never heard of market research ?. One quick post in here or over at the RSC and they'll soon find out how to build the perfect wheel !

+1
Quote from BURN :i tried it for 2 weeks with forza and its like u said. there was FFB but its not much hardly noticable

the xbox doesnt support any ffb at all
It has paddles at least. The buttons on the wheel could be placed better, the 2 in the down-middle spoke are in quite awkward place. At least there are enough buttons. I hope the shifter is smooth and some metal is used to create the H-pattern. I wonder does the shifter work as sequental too... Both H-pattern and seq shifter are shown in the pics though
Ohhh, didn't spot the paddles at first look.

@Hyperactive, the blurb says it's supplied with two shifters, H shifter and the sequential. So i guess the sequential shifter could double up as a crude handbrake.

Are you sure it's got buttons ?, it would be daft not to have them, but there's no mention of them in the description. I guess you're assuming they are the silver bits on the wheel. It would be logical and quite a cool way to incorporate them into the design, but i'm not sure they are yunno ? I could be wrong though, i've been known to be.....
The G25 looks way better. This one looks a bit plastic.
And it has less buttons as far as I can see, so whats that?
This is most likely NOT a G25 competitor at all. I mean come on, a lap mounted wheel with cheezy side supports?

Definitely for a Porsche enthusiast/fan, but NOT someone looking to have a great wheel for a simulation imo. Small plastic paddles reminiscent of old crappy Logitech models, connected bar mount for the shifter???, and the leather which is nice, but the actual wheel is just all plastic... and I bet it would feel heavy.
#24 - Juls
Quote from Shotglass :
this however is just a really bad joke for a 350$ wheel:
Powerful Mabuchi RS 550 Motor as used in RC cars delivers extra strong ForceFeedback effects

Usually, FFB devices use motors which are rated to give less than 30W output (mechanical power). I don't know what motor G25 uses, but G25 power supply can deliver 42watts (electric power).
Small motors are 70% efficient or less -> mechanical power of G25 is less than 30watts.

From the datasheet, RS 550 motors are rated to deliver 80 watts of mechanical power....for each motor!
http://www.mabuchi-motor.co.jp ... log.cgi?CAT_ID=rs_550pcvc

It means that with a proper power supply, this hardware can be several times more powerful than G25.

In fact I doubt this wheel use RS 550 motors...maybe RS 555. RS 550 are way too powerful for such application. 3 such motors require at least a 250 watts power supply to be used properly. RS 550 are not for RC cars, but garden tools and ride-on toys.
Looks quite nice.

Quantity of buttons a bit ambiguous, and the wireless pedals might be problematic.

But to those that think it's a lap mounted wheel, or that the wheel is at a crazy angle, may I invite you to look again at the blurb and the pictures - it's a REMOVEABLE lap thingy, and that's the cause of the silly angle. On a desk I'd wager it's about the same as the G25.

The shifters look a bit weak too.

And I HATE 'paddles' like that. It's the one reason I never bought a DFP - I want PADDLES, not tiny tiny tiny buttons on the back of the wheel.

As a G25 owner I won't bother with it, but it IS a competitor. And the pressure sensitive brakes are a HUGE bonus.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG