The online racing simulator
noobTV
(151 posts, started )
noobtv v0.95
Here is version 0.95. I think it will be the last version before I post v1.0 in the addon forum.

It mainly contains fixes and other ways of doing things.
  • Camerafiles are read out in a more tolerant way (errors like spaces at the end of a line are not causing a crash anymore) and noobTV saves a log file while reading the camera files, telling you what camera's were succesfully read and which were not (and why not).
  • Different way of calculating the position on which to focus when watching two cars.
  • Better position prediction.
Attached files
noobtv095.zip - 623.9 KB - 708 views
I'm sorry but I downloaded this earlier and it looks really cool, but I have nooo idea how to use it lol.
am i missing a tutorial somewhere? Because I cant figure out how to place camera views, but I know how to move the camera though... yay?
There is a tutorial included on how to create camera-positions, and the working of the tool itself is explained in the readme file (altough a bit outdated).
Are the tutorials the files called cameraButton.class, ControlPanel$cameraControl.class, etc? I found the readme file but it really tells you just how to install and run it. I find that if you are following a car in Shift+U mode then use the noobTV to move the camera, it goes off the track and under it too lol And since Shift+U and noobTV camera mover are 2 different things, its really slow to move the noobTV camera, faster using Shift+U =/
In the zip, there is a folder called tutorial. You shouldn't be extracting the .jar files, you should execute them.
OHH woa thanks I found it

now i shall figure out how to use it! Cant wait to see what this baby can do...
the camera priority thing isn't in the turorial, which makes this feature useless, if we don't know the commands
I know, it will be documented in the v1.0 tutorial (when I find time).

What it does is this:

You can give the probability a number between 1 and 100. When the program finds more then one camera that can be used to look at a car, it will use this probability number to choose which of the cameras is used. A camera with a high probability will have a higher chance of being picked, a camera with a low probability a low chance. There is no chance that no camera is being picked, so in case there are two cameras with probability=10, each camera will have 50% chance of being picked. However, if one camera has probability=10 and the other probability=50, the first camera will have 16.7% chance, and the second camera 83.3%.

When a camera with probability=100 is found, this will immediatly be chosen (so 99 is the highest setting for a camera that is still picked at random). Use this for pit-area cameras, to force them to be used instead of the camera defined for the s/f area.

Cameras without the probability setting have probablity=50.
Alright, i get now how it works. You fly to a spot where you want to put a camera. Now on the noobTV theres a bunch of data like x axis, y axis, pitch, etc. And it says "copy". Where do i put all of these numbers? In the replay.txt? And does it matter what order the different views are in? This is just a little bit confusing for meh
Have you read the tutorial?
yes i have but i completely suck with computers... im only 15 please bear with me lol
Any news about dedicated site with possibility to upload/download best rated custom cams for tracks?

BTW, Congrats for this very helpful tool! From now, all replay registration will be better!!
i still hope there will be some action detection in the future. looks like the lfs-tv director is dead. so all my hopes are now lying on this tool :/
Dunno where this file would go, but still...
Static long-range camera set for Aston North
Attached files
astonnorth.txt - 4.3 KB - 432 views
inSim: first byte in packet does not match
is the message i get from lfs.

Is NoobTV not compatible with patch X?

I hope it´s not tooo much work for frank to fix it!

keep on ur good work
No its not, and yes it's a fair bit of work
Quote from Frankmd :Here is version 0.9. Some new features etc. Version 1.0 will be the same as 0.9, but then bugfixed and including all the cameras I've made and the ones that were found in this topic (fetzo: I have to edit your camera's to make them work properly in v0.9), since I am sure there are some minor bugs in it. Please report them here

Where is version 0.9? Is it meant to be somewhere in your post? Am I missing something? :P

**EDIT** Found it!
Hey guys,

I am sorry to say that in the coming year I will not be able to put in any time at all in noobTV, Masters of Endurance or anything LFS related at all.
However, since some leagues, such as the MoE was using my software, I have decided to provide the source code of noobTV so someone with some Java knowledge can convert it to the new InSim protocol again. It shouldn't be a lot of work, once you've figured out where you have to make the adjustments.

You can always post questions here, I hope I can answer most of them.

Regards,
Frank
Attached files
noobStarter_source.rar - 44.9 KB - 355 views
InSim : first byte in packet does not match size

What this mean? How to repair this error?
Quote from markorester :InSim : first byte in packet does not match size

What this mean? How to repair this error?

it's not compatible with the version of lfs that you're using... the source has been posted, and the project - abandoned.
maybe stupid question.

What to do with this source?
Quote from markorester :maybe stupid question.

What to do with this source?

Quote from Frankmd :I have decided to provide the source code of noobTV so someone with some Java knowledge can convert it to the new InSim protocol again. It shouldn't be a lot of work, once you've figured out where you have to make the adjustments.

#148 - OpE
emm i know this is kinda stupid
but i cant see any download of it >.>
I don't understand nothing form Java
why do you post in the programmer section if you don't know programming? ;o

noobTV
(151 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG