The online racing simulator
X-Driver Tool For Server Operators
In response to public demand I have released X-Driver. This tool is designed to prevent players joining the race without a race suited driver model. Drivers using the 'player hack' will be spectated.

The software performs no other function. Configuration is via a config file and connects to your servers insim port.

The software is not designed to work with the client LFS and is intended for public server operators only.

Download X-Driver
-1 NOoooooooooo....i am going to miss my friend
I am sure servers where those models are appropriate will not run this tool Harjun.
ok, but i love racing on the ctra servers....illl say good bye to timmy
A big THANKS, this is on all 4 TE servers, I've yet to see it in operation yet, I assume I can customise the messages, yes?

DK
I didnt go as far as putting any customisation in. It gives the message

^3You are not wearing regulation clothing
^3Please change your player model
/spectate

I've not tested the tool but it should be possible to have 1 copy controlling several servers, just give each one a unique name in the config file

server {team1
}

server {team2
}
Thanks. I got it running on all 3 servers at once >.<

DK
Please download again, I spotted a potential issue with running the program connected to multiple servers and fixed it. Download is updated.

It also looks like I put in the config file for X-Cam rather than X-Driver in the original upload, lol - not to worry they are pretty much the same and compatable with each other, just some extra stuff in the X-Cam config that might not have made sense .
Do you want to keep this in the CTRA subforum? It would seem better suited in unofficial add-ons?
There are other CTRA related goodies in here so it seemed the most appropriate place.
Quote from harjun :ok, but i love racing on the ctra servers....illl say good bye to timmy

Where does it say you are banned from CTRA servers? You just have to use a proper suit/helmet like everyone else
This tool has been part of X-System since launch, i'm just releasing it now in responce to a public request for such a system.
-
I think calling it discriminatory is the biggest joke I have ever, ever, heard. You seriously need to get an education if you actually believe that.

As for why we do not allow t shirted models to race on our serious racing servers that sit somewhere between conventional public racing and league racing... The question should be, why would we allow them?

I dont care what driver model you use in LFS but on our servers you use one that is appropriate for what you are doing.

Dont get me wrong, some people love Mario Kart - but a simulation it is not. Why dont we go the whole way and change the RB4 to a bumble bee and an FXO to a cricket, we could make the driver model like Zee the ant and we could use tall blades of grass as our run off area.
its just a simulation game, its not real life like if you crash and your car sets on fire you need a racing suite lol!!! now THATS the funniest thing ive seen lol
OK then, lets migrate CTRA to Smurf Racing on the Playstation so we can support more driver and car models...
#17 - FL!P
Quote from harjun :its just a simulation game, its not real life like if you crash and your car sets on fire you need a racing suite lol!!!

That's the point: simulating real life. Since you wouldn't be allowed to race IRL in your streetsware, you shouldn't be allowed it in a simulation. And if you're tired of games that try to simulate real life (even if they still don't have a HANS), consider Becky's suggestion and go play SuperMario.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :why restrict what drivers wear? isn't that a kind of discrimination? not that the app is a bad idea but i don't see how its nessasary. I could play LFS in the and it wouldn't afect driving. having a suit or not doesn't hurt anyone. it just looks like a person without a suit.

I dont understand this kind of behaviour. Discrimination ???. I didnt recal they Becky said we all MUST join the CTRA servers. I also cant recall she said we MUST use it on servers. She and team build a system with some add ons. They made the system, so they make the rules. If you dont like the rules then dont join.

Now she makes it public and again people need to bitching about it. If you dont wanna use this piece of software then dont. Why must everything being talked down. All the time people seems to seek out the worst and start winding about it. I just dont get this kind of behaviour.
@niels1: LFS is a simulation. A simulation, 'aims to simulate, or recreate an activity'.

LFS is a racing simulation. As Becky said, IRL, you wouldn't be allowed to race in your street clothes, and you shouldn't be in LFS.

Oh, SURE, let the cruise people whine, but they are a tiny majority of the whole LFS world, why should Scavier listen to them? It's like Ford listening to Samoan drivers and saying 'from now on, all our cars are tailored to Samoan people'.

In short. GET OVER IT and STOP WHINING.

If you don't like it, don't join the CTRA servers, or any other servers where the x-driver is on.

DK
Great addition. However I'd like to have the ability to customise the message given to those spectated for incorrect clothing.. Mainly because I know how much DK hates model hacks and I'd love see what he would say to people if he had the chance!

Let the cruisers whine and let the rest of us get on with racing.. (BTW, just got my bronze CTRA licence today .... Ok, well its a big deal to me :razz
I'm sorry Becky for whining about your app. it is your server and you can do what you want. I considered it a very mild form of discrimination and didn't mean to make a big rant over it.
I'm sorry,
zoomy
Quote from DieKolkrabe :@niels1: LFS is a simulation. A simulation, 'aims to simulate, or recreate an activity'.

LFS is a racing simulation. As Becky said, IRL, you wouldn't be allowed to race in your street clothes, and you shouldn't be in LFS.

Oh, SURE, let the cruise people whine, but they are a tiny majority of the whole LFS world, why should Scavier listen to them? It's like Ford listening to Samoan drivers and saying 'from now on, all our cars are tailored to Samoan people'.

In short. GET OVER IT and STOP WHINING.

If you don't like it, don't join the CTRA servers, or any other servers where the x-driver is on.

DK

- a i didnt start the whining.
- b i did totaly agre with you on this. I only said why do people have nagg about things others have created. Jees only trying to defend the decisions made by becky. damn
#23 - SamH
hehe.. I read DK's first line to be agreeing with you, neils.. then the rest also saying the same as you, in a different way.. but perhaps DK meant to direct his comment to Zoomy rather than you. I don't know, but I agree with both of you
@niels: Sorry, I wasn't whining at you, but directing my bitchiness to everyone who turns up on ANY race server with a player hack model. I mis-interpreted your post

@Zachary: GROW UP. Stop whining, go back to your stupid little cruise servers. Ever heard of 'free will'?

DK
Quote from Becky Rose :OK then, lets migrate CTRA to Smurf Racing on the Playstation so we can support more driver and car models...

ROFL I think I have tears in my eyes! I get to be a blue smurf!! Oh wait....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG