The online racing simulator
I Need This Blow Off Valve
(48 posts, started )
Quote from Stone in Focus :The sound is charged bouncing between the turbo compressor wheel and the air filter, theres no springs or bov's involved at all.

true also caused by wastegate
Quote from JasonJ :Gimme 5 mins to upload the .eng for XRT

OK. "Crash Dummy" was kind enough to make some Dump Valves with that 'flutter'.

I grabbed that long deep flutter that he made:
FlutterBOV-wav.zip << add this to any turbo car using shift-a. If you want to make your own cars.

I put it in my favourite XRT, (using shift-a in game) and created this engine sound with FLutter BOV:
XRT_default.eng << save that to your engine folder. Back up your original XRT_default.eng sound first, incase you ever want it back.

I DONT GET IT... put it in the engine file, then load it during the game using shift-a... but which L do i click on? i clicked em all and they all say NO FILES TO LOAD

im trying to do the flutterBOV-wav file, where do i put it?
when i was finally going to get the video to make the BOV sound, the owner removed it...
I got it but i dont no if i attched it right to the reply or post what ever its called
oh yes i did sweet lol
Quote from Travis Rowe01 :I got it but i dont no if i attched it right to the reply or post what ever its called
oh yes i did sweet lol

Not the same sound i think....
Hi guys. I'm the original creator of the fluttery turbo sound. It was taken from a video on youtube of a Holden VL Commodore Turbo with a "dose" pipe as they call it. This is a setup with no blow off valve installed. The sound you hear is air being pushed back through the turbo and the blades on the compressor wheel chopping up the air.

The sound was recorded and modified in such a way that it could be effectively looped by the LFS sound engine.

Here is the link to the sound on my webspace.
http://crashdummy.ugbox.net/files/lfsflutter.rar
The archive retains the directory structure so you can just unrar it directly to your LFS directory and the files should be put where they are needed.
Once you've done that just get into the car in game and press Shift +A and load the profiles.

That's all there is to it
Quote from Husam :Hi,

I don't see "Engine" folder in the "Data" folder.

It's been there since Version V of LiveForSpeed. You need to download the latest LFS perhapse?

Quote from chukidori :I DONT GET IT... put it in the engine file, then load it during the game using shift-a... but which L do i click on? i clicked em all and they all say NO FILES TO LOAD

im trying to do the flutterBOV-wav file, where do i put it?

You use 'L' to load a new part/sample of the complete engine sound.

There is separate 'L' for the DriveTrain & DumpValve and other parts that make up the whole sound. The .wav's must be saved into the data/engine folder as these are what the 'L' button looks for.
shift-a don't work for me
is there a way to amplify the volume of wav files? or the volume of the Dump valve in the game?
Heres my blow off valve:
Copy and paste into LFS/DATA/engine
Quote from Dudles :a BOV that i made... using this video...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M1oX4EI2ULQ

See and Comment...

Actually sounds quite awesome! Pretty much like my brothers Nissan, you never know what it`s going to sound like

Sometimes it`s just: psshhTwiiit! or Twiiit!

I love it becouse it`s very random, just like the real deal.
Blind23
I need Honda Civic VTI Turbo with ~300HP in LFS plees upload
Quote from baikers15 :I need Honda Civic VTI Turbo with ~300HP in LFS plees upload

for what car

ill upload it with my xrt skyline 550hp twinturbo sound if you want
Quote from asbjoern :for what car

ill upload it with my xrt skyline 550hp twinturbo sound if you want

i want it please :P i also want a vtec civic for fxo
i made a similar one a while ago, still use it!
Blind23
ok please upload this soud from 550HP twinturbo skyline
Why would you need a BOV, when none of the demo cars are turbocharged?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Why would you need a BOV, when none of the demo cars are turbocharged?

Who said that he is gonna use it on a demo car?
Help!
CAN ANYONE give me a detailed description on how to download these blow off valve mods? can u do it on demo??
None of the demo cars have a turbo so you can't use the bov's

I Need This Blow Off Valve
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG