The online racing simulator
Race Spectator
(117 posts, started )
Race Spectator
Race Spectator 0.1
This program allows you to follow an live LFS race without being connected to the host.
After selecting a racer from the list it displays: splittimes, bestlap, current position, pitstops. When a racer has a yellow or blue flag, the flag will appear infront of the racers nickname.
The drawing of the track with the racers seems a bit basic. I'm working to display the track based on the smx files, but i have some problems with smooth rendering.
I've release RS because the old lfsspecator didnt work with the X update. It might not look as lfsspectator, next release will contain more features. The main thing is that the basic is released.

Edit: Race Spectator 0.2
Right, after some hard work, and hunting bugs RS 0.2 is done. I've splitted the program in several windows.
You can make each window visible and hide it too, you can decide which information you would like to see.
I've included an team tracking feature. In the config file you need to add the lfs usernames of each 'team member' which is going to drive in the 'team race event'. It doesnt matter who is driving, the teamlaps will be counted.
Unzip the rar file and execute RaceSpectator.exe
You need .net Framework 0.2 to make it work. link: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=543212#post543212

See the Race Spectator manual and for more screenshots.

Download

Screenshot of the main window.

Download mirror (felplacerad)

Victor made an 2D spectating tool -> http://www.lfsworld.net/remote/
Great work, thank you man. I hope leagues will make servers so we can use this tool
Great work!
Awesome!

MantisX
awesome and much anticapted program henry!
Yay, been missing this when it comes to coordinating teams in endurance races.
Oh, the time has passed so slowly waiting for a renewed spectator. Infinite Thanks to you!
Well done, this will be great to view league races
I wwould like to see the BOTT servers using this... brill!
How do I get to see more servers in the selection list, can you actually see all LFS servers like the in-game multiplayer server list?
wow... this is plain great... thanks FireFox, much appreciated...
Quote from flinty72 :How do I get to see more servers in the selection list, can you actually see all LFS servers like the in-game multiplayer server list?

RS uses the InSim Relay to show the servers, and since it's gone for a little while, you'll have to wait for other servers to join the Relay to get more.
finally a spec again! Great stuff, good work!
Incredible work! thank you so much!
Nice! Thanks a lot!
Quote from burnsy1882 :RS uses the InSim Relay to show the servers, and since it's gone for a little while, you'll have to wait for other servers to join the Relay to get more.

Question is, how do we get a server to join the relay? I know the 'old' way - putting the IP address in the right place on the LFS World site...but since that has been down ever since InSim 4 was released...how can I add my servers now?

[edit]...founfd the thread in Programmers Forum, and added a request to the thread...Thx Anyways [/edit]
is there a chance to get this working over lan, without having to connect to the internet?
Quote from vf1-xj220 :is there a chance to get this working over lan, without having to connect to the internet?

No, that's not how the spectator works. you could however create a direct connection to a lfs but not with this program.
.NET 2 ... I'm confused with it. What do I need to download from MikeRoweSoft for bog standard XP?
If you find that Race Spectator makes an error when getting server list, just change the relay address in options to lfs.net instead of vic.lfs.net.
Thx!

Quote from Misko :If you find that Race Spectator makes an error when getting server list, just change the relay address in options to lfs.net instead of vic.lfs.net.

And restart program.
Nice program, now at work I can follow my friend on a secondary screen.
Maybe in the next version it is possible to make the program window bigger so it can fill up the whole screen?
great work FireFox86!

hope to see some improvement updates in the future!
Update: Race Spectator 0.2 is almost finished. I expect to release it next weekish.
Race Spectator now exist of 1 main window, with smaller windows inside. Each window shows its own information. So there is an window that displays the track, 1 for the overall results, chat log and many more. You can choose which one you want to see.

Race Spectator
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG