The online racing simulator
Team Inferno Skinning Competition
(27 posts, started )
Team Inferno Skinning Challenge
Flyer

Dear LFS Community,
Team Inferno is in need of new clothes and since we want to extend our horizon we decided to have a skinning competition to get very outstanding skins.
We hope that we can attract many of you skinners to join in our little competition.
Send your designs and be the Skin Master of Inferno.
IMPORTANT: The winner will be rewarded with a Live for Speed Polo-shirt from the LFS Shop.

Here are the facts:

.deadline
14th of September.

.design
1. Red on black /You may use additional colors (i.e. you may need them to sharpen up the lines)
2. Clearly recognizable in the mirror /or from the distance.
3. Detailed when you watch closely /(Professional touch)/shall be a pleasure to look at!
4. Looks like a beast, ready to kill. / Only lines or non-figurative elements are welcome.
5. If possible a racingcar-like skin, not just a design object or a rolling advertisment box.

.compulsory
Setup Field logo.
team Inferno logo
team Inferno sign
Logo Templates Download

.additional
double red line /like on web page

.misc
Use team inferno decals as main sponsor, so a future sponsor can take its place.

.submission
A 2048x2048 FZR jpg
A 2048x2048 BF1 jpg
upload with screenshots here or send it to [email protected]

.production
Please bear in mind that the winner will be asked to make a complete skin set for all cars in the style of the winning skin!
After the announcement the winner will get another month to finish that skin package.
We only need 1 skin per car, not a personalized one for every racer.

We hope to get a lot of replies.

Good Luck

Team Inferno
Link For logos seems to be broken. Server keeps reseting connection. Appart from that good luck with competition
Thx for the evidence, the hungarian webspace sometimes is a bit unstable. I'm going to re-upload it
The first entry from the german forums:

Pic1
Pic2
#5 - Jambo
inferno, why did you have to come here

Ive seen some of the skins on your site and some of them are awsome, make them yourself lol.

Only joking. Although i would make one if i could. Good luck everyone
I'm joining the competition, I try to.

Would be great if we can have a vectorial edition of the Inferno's logo. It's quiet low res and hard to use

One other thing: Does somebody know the good ratio of height/wheight to use for the FZ5? 2048*2048 is not real good, the sideways decal are a bit scaled when rendering ingame.

Edit: Some work done, check out There (bottome of the page) !
Here is my BF1. I don't like it much since I hate the bf1

The screenie

@cayenne 49: Press space bar in LFS viewer in order to make the menu disapear (color selection, ...)
@cayenne 49: Press space bar in LFS viewer in order to make the menu disapear (color selection, ...)[/quote]

ok , good thank-you
beautiful, powerful designs!
Looks great Cayenne, but I think it should say 'World's Best Setups' on the front, not 'Best Worlds Setups'

#15 - feat
i`ll maybe give a try.
the competition is still going on, you have 9 more days to submit the winning design.

Come on and show us some more ideas/designs
My submission is sent. Wait and see now

I attached a large preview. Any feedback welcome !

The XRG/T is just a bonus, to see how it render on a road cars. For the FZ5 i just miss readed the topic and began by this one.
Attached images
InfernoGroup.jpg
I have received you Mail shadow, don't worry that your submission will not be regarded ^^
After september 14th our team will vote on the best skin and announce it on all forums we announced the competition
Quote from shadow2kx :

One other thing: Does somebody know the good ratio of height/wheight to use for the FZ5? 2048*2048 is not real good, the sideways decal are a bit scaled when rendering ingame.

Try 2560x2048. This works fairly well on the doors, but unneccesarily scales the bonnet too. These days I just tend to scale the width of the individual objects I place on the sides to 80% width using Free Transform in Photoshop.
Quote from dwayno : These days I just tend to scale the width of the individual objects I place on the sides to 80% width using Free Transform in Photoshop.

Yep I do similar, I just scale it as best as I think then save each change into my CMX Viewer skins folder and reload the skin in Viewer to see how it looks until I get them right to how I want them to look. Bit time consuming but worth the effort if you want them to look right in-game.
Quote from flinty72 :Yep I do similar, I just scale it as best as I think then save each change into my CMX Viewer skins folder and reload the skin in Viewer to see how it looks until I get them right to how I want them to look. Bit time consuming but worth the effort if you want them to look right in-game.

More quicker way:
Open toshop, and create an "Action" (the second tab of the History).
The action to do is record under a .jpg (e.g.: save as jpg > c:\cmxviewer\data\skin\XRG_render.jpg). Don't forget to STOP the action when it's done.
Assign a Key to this action by double cliking on the action.
Launch the CMX viewer, and load the skin XRG_Render.jpg. Click on the "Auto" button near the "Reload" button.

Now all you have to do is to make your skin the press the key of the action and go to CMX viewer to see the change (automaticaly up to date).

Easy and way faster than make it manualy
ok guys, competition ends today at 0:00 german time (that's uhhhh in 3 hours from this Post on ^^)

We will then start picking out the winner and as soon as we have everyones opinion we are going to announce the winner!

Thx to all of you have taken part in this small competition
Quote from shadow2kx :More quicker way:
Open toshop, and create an "Action" (the second tab of the History).
The action to do is record under a .jpg (e.g.: save as jpg > c:\cmxviewer\data\skin\XRG_render.jpg). Don't forget to STOP the action when it's done.
Assign a Key to this action by double cliking on the action.
Launch the CMX viewer, and load the skin XRG_Render.jpg. Click on the "Auto" button near the "Reload" button.

Now all you have to do is to make your skin the press the key of the action and go to CMX viewer to see the change (automaticaly up to date).

Easy and way faster than make it manualy

Thanks shadow2kx, I never really noticed the auto tab in viewer, I will be setting this up like you suggest and doing it from now on.
Hello guys, the deadline has passed and it is now time to announce the winner and at the same time to give a reflection about your entries.

Shadow2kx
http://i140.photobucket.com/al ... hadow2kx/InfernoGroup.jpg
I was personally impressed by this concept, even though it broke out of the red and black scheme. I could certainly feel the burning hell seeing this one

cayenne 49
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7565/bf1ew3.jpg
Your submissions have been ever improving, i think you are on a way to become a skinning master

*edited

Finally our racers almost unanimously voted for... Schuppor's design!
http://80.86.187.232/z30pics/FZR_Inferno_schUPpor1S.png
http://80.86.187.232/z30pics/FZR_Inferno_schUPpor2S.png
http://80.86.187.232/z30pics/BF1_Inferno_schUPpor1S.png
http://80.86.187.232/z30pics/BF1_Inferno_schUPpor2S.png
This concept truly continues the line of Inferno designs of the past. It also gives a more professional, more edgy look to it. It is a skin that we can really call infernoish and we would be happy to have that as our official skin.

Thank you for your effort, we really appreciate your hours put into it. Congratulations to Schuppor, who eventually made the skins who became the winner for this competition. :spin:

(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG