The online racing simulator
speed-hack patch?
(17 posts, closed, started )
speed-hack patch?
When will there be a patch for that speed-hack which is out?

if there is nothing coming soon, i will have to close lfscar-league.
#2 - garph
I thought that hack has been around ages, I think you may be over reacting.

Just ban IF you see anyone using it.
I'm guessing the lfscar league is demo based? Otherwise I can't see how speedhacking users would be any problem at all.

E: Wait no, it's a oval/NASCAR thingy, isn't it? Okay, cannot be demo based then...
the thing is, if you use it subtile on the oval, noone will ever notice it you are cheating...

and you can be sure, if i ever find someone using it in my league he will get a 999 ban.
no its not demo based

so what is the strategy for the devs at this issue? just keep it silent and hope nobody is using it or are they working on this issue?
I dont think anyone will be stupid enough to cheat in a league race.
Quote from zeugnimod :I dont think anyone will be stupid enough to cheat in a league race.

They come to the official forum and ask for cheats, hacks, and cracks. Yup, I DO think that some would be stupid enough to cheat in a league race.
#8 - ajp71
I have never seen anyone, except for a certain French man, cheating with this speed hack thingy on public servers let alone in a league race, I suppose the oval does attract the typical cheating noob but I'd of thought in a league race it would be easy to catch them if something odd is going on. The only cheater apart from Phlos I think I've seen personally was someone in a league race in N2003, he was 15mph faster in a straight line, had an extra gear and still drove round at the back so hopelessly slowly he wasn't noticed until he took a leader out several races into the series
wow thats scary

maybe its time for servers to need 3rd party, community based, anti-cheat protection running. a bit like CSHP for unreal tournament, or TOST for tac-ops.
Quote from quackdougal :maybe its time for servers to need 3rd party, community based, anti-cheat protection running. a bit like CSHP for unreal tournament, or TOST for tac-ops.

I've been considering it, but the best you can do it base it on InSim server-side (unless you wanna get really technical) using the NLP or MCI packets to get the speed and acceleration, since we can't plug into LFS like you can with UT, etc. The problem with that is that you couldn't pick up subtle cheaters, only those that are obviously cheating.
funny you should say that AA, last night i went to play UT for the first time in ages, and a lot of servers was running a new protection called UTDC. when entering the server (for the first time) it wanted to install a checker locally on my machine, and when i clicked OK, it shut down UT, pretty much like LFS restarts after an update. i'm presuming that having it running locally as well as server-side it can check alot more - at least i hope it is, lol i'm no expert.
#12 - FL!P
I'm not sure it can be unnoticed because the car is in neutral and produces no engine sound (at least that was the case the only time I saw someone using it).
i think about league races with 130+ laps. i don't spectate every car for 130 laps just to see if he has some times during the race this cheat in use for 5 seconds. sorry that is just way too much work.

and also not worth a discussion. it is clear the devs HAVE TO fix this issue. if you have a bug or a door for an exploit you have to fix it as a developer.

i am only asking here WHEN this will happen.
Quote from Fischfix :i am only asking here WHEN this will happen.

What makes you think anyone here knows that?
Quote from Fischfix :i am only asking here WHEN this will happen.

Atleast when Patch Y gets out. Not that I have any idea when that will be out.
Quote from Fischfix :and also not worth a discussion. it is clear the devs HAVE TO fix this issue. if you have a bug or a door for an exploit you have to fix it as a developer.

i am only asking here WHEN this will happen.

You've been here since November of 2005 and have 800+ posts here. So, you are not new to knowing how the patches go with LFS. When have you ever seen the devs NOT do anything about cheats in the past?

You know Scawen pays attention here on the forum. I'm sure he has seen everything about the cheat and is doing something about it.
Closing thread before someone mixes up some turmoil.

We all here knows what the answer will be anyways.
This thread is closed

speed-hack patch?
(17 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG