The online racing simulator
Quote from faster111 :Spyware and virus and they come back all clean.

Spyware and viruses will make your computer run slow and crash they wont give you artifacts on screen.

You should really know this because of all the stuff you went through with your graphics card. Like people have said artifacts normally come because of a graphics card problem, overheating or it's just broked and maybe even a software problem (graphics card drivers) but that's if you're lucky.
Quote from garph :Spyware and viruses will make your computer run slow and crash they wont give you artifacts on screen.

You should really know this because of all the stuff you went through with your graphics card. Like people have said artifacts normally come because of a graphics card problem, overheating or it's just broked and maybe even a software problem (graphics card drivers) but that's if you're lucky.

So its dust right.
#28 - Jakg
It could be dust, a dead fan, poor cooling (ie bad TIM) etc, could be it was overclocked, damaged, dropped, all sorts of crap
Quote from faster111 :So its dust right.

If you are having the same problems as cebesius, clean out the dust and see. If that doesn't work then you know the other things it could be, which no one here can help you with.
I also had a minor graphical glitch, which I don't think I ever had before patch X4 (see attached pic). Only happened once after installing x4 and starting a new online game. I wasn't able to reproduce it, so maybe it's nothing, but since other people reported graphical errors, I figured it couldn't hurt to post it (maybe it's related to the PlateHandle-thingy?).
Attached images
plate_bug.jpg
Quote from Linsen :I also had a minor graphical glitch, which I don't think I ever had before patch X4 (see attached pic). Only happened once after installing x4 and starting a new online game. I wasn't able to reproduce it, so maybe it's nothing, but since other people reported graphical errors, I figured it couldn't hurt to post it (maybe it's related to the PlateHandle-thingy?).

Heh, are you sure that isn't the damage model playing tricks on you?
Quote from felplacerad :Heh, are you sure that isn't the damage model playing tricks on you?

Unless the car was damaged prior to race start, yes, I'm sure .
Linsen, I also noticed the same thing tonight when racing at Westhill in the LX4. I've not noticed this bug before, but then again I don't really drive LX4 much anyway...
#34 - DeKo
ive been having that glitch long before X4, never really bothered about it.
Quote from flinty72 :I believe I may have found a bug but it doesn't seem to be directly related to this test patch as I had it happen once before in test patch W times but thought it was a one off.

Anyway while watching a SPR replay if you have the option menu opened when the replay finishes, LFS stops & locks up. It won't close using the windows close "X" button and requires a stop system process in the task manager to clear it. No error code or log is created in LFS either.

I can't seem to reproduce this, the replay seems to loop as usual with the options menu open.

I've tried a replay started from in game (by pressing '1') and then pressing SHIFT+O to bring up options then waiting until the end, and I've tried the same from the replay menu screen.

Can you give any more info, like which kind of replay you are watching, hotlap, race, qualifying, if results need to appear first, which options screen are you in, etc... it sounds like a quite serious bug (hangs and crashes are always high priority) but i just can't reproduce it.
This has never happened to me before and I've never heard of anything like it, so I don't know for sure if it's caused by patch X or not.
The only thing I did out of the ordinary was hold the clutch before the race restarted.
Attached files
stuckinmud.mpr - 146.9 KB - 270 views

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG