The online racing simulator
Quote from Samor :
However, trying to drive the Raceabout with a pad is still....

Hey, I think that applies to everyone, not just gamepad users!
In version X, the controls are updated 100 times per second (same as the physics update).

In previous versions, they were updated at the frame rate.

So now, using smoothing, for all frame rates less than 100, your in-game steering wheel catches up more quckly with your controller.

I think the solution is simply to allow more steer smoothing. I've just raised the maximum to 0.95, so you can try that in this evening's version X3.

Also note that with a gamepad or joystick, you should set "Wheel turn" to 90 degrees and use maximum Wheel turn compensation.
#53 - CSU1
Quote from Scawen :In version X, the controls are updated 100 times per second (same as the physics update).

In previous versions, they were updated at the frame rate.

So now, using smoothing, for all frame rates less than 100, your in-game steering wheel catches up more quckly with your controller.

I think the solution is simply to allow more steer smoothing. I've just raised the maximum to 0.95, so you can try that in this evening's version X3.

Also note that with a gamepad or joystick, you should set "Wheel turn" to 90 degrees and use maximum Wheel turn compensation.

Top man Scawen! more steer smooth YAY!
Quote from Scawen :

Hey Scawen

We know you've got a million and one other things to do around here, so thanks for taking the time to check this one out for us ol' game padders.

Top man.
#55 - CSU1
that guide of mine should be usefull again I've requested it to be stuck again

@ jason, is there anything you feel needs adding to the guide? if so pm myself

thread conluded yipEEEEEE!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG