The online racing simulator
Onboard videos
(127 posts, started )
Thought while I was in the mood i'd go back to my old LFS W folder and see the XRT addicts replays I had. Honestly, every single race we had in this league was full of action and all of them could make great videos. (Each round had 4 races on diff tracks, rev grid on each race except #1 which was qual made it great for action)

I just chose this one because of my extremely lucky escape at the start and my dive bombing team mate taking me out.

EDIT : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOZYSSQWnuU
That's some really nice racing man.. very clean and full of action! More vid's please?
Quote from Bawbag :Thought while I was in the mood i'd go back to my old LFS W folder and see the XRT addicts replays I had. Honestly, every single race we had in this league was full of action and all of them could make great videos. (Each round had 4 races on diff tracks, rev grid on each race except #1 which was qual made it great for action)

I just chose this one because of my extremely lucky escape at the start and my dive bombing team mate taking me out.

That just shows what LFS is all about!!!
Quote from Bawbag :Thought while I was in the mood i'd go back to my old LFS W folder and see the XRT addicts replays I had. Honestly, every single race we had in this league was full of action and all of them could make great videos. (Each round had 4 races on diff tracks, rev grid on each race except #1 which was qual made it great for action)

:eclipsee_Nice video and good racing, i could of watch more of that, And ye thats what lfs is all about, wish i could make videos meself:camera: but i cant
Quote from felplacerad :How to Survive the Patch X Mayhem - The Movie Pt. 2 (Also in technicolor!)

Great stuff Fel.

Was wondering how a camera view like that would work, may try something differnt for my next one.

As for making videos, it's dead simple, easpeccially these ones.

Just get a recording programe, record in LFS at half speed (0.5) and then open windows movie maker (Or whatever one you like, then double the speed)

-
(N I K I) DELETED by N I K I
he he
cos it was too empty without music.
But the onboard video already has music (engine sound)
Quote from AlexandreAkerman :i like the onboard videos of the formula cars like the one of the fv8 made bye fleplacerad..... if i could show u the one i made with the f1

Already busted, but heres your flaming 'nanas
:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea
Quote from Blas89 :Man.. You have such a great pc... mine would die while recording a full grid.

Almost full.

But 15 FPS at 320x240 isn't that amazing. My PC is actually getting old. Recording at half speed will make it easier for your hardware to keep up, and if you happen to have an older machine still, you can reach the same results simply by recording at an even lower speed and accordingly adjust the figures below.

Here's how I create my on board videos:

Software:
Live for Speed S2 ALPHA PATCH 0.5X
Fraps v2.8.2 b6488
VirtualDub v1.7.1
Lame v3.97 ACM Codec *
Koepi's XviD v1.x.x *

Settings:
LFS
- Limit LFS in-game to 14 FPS (which is 14.7-14.8 on my PC)
- Run LFS at 640x480x32
- Playback the replay at 0.5x
- Set up a custom camera with the following settings:
- FOV: 80-85
- Acceleration shifts viewpoint: yes
- 1g head tilt: 1
- 1g lateral shift: 0m
- 1g forward shift: 0.03m
- 1g vertical shift 0.03m

Fraps
- Set fraps to record at 15 FPS
- Set fraps to record at half-size (320x240, that's what youtube wants)
- Tick record sound

VirtualDub (includes Lame and XviD)
- Tick audio>full processing mode
- Go to audio>compression and select Lame MP3 44100 hz, 128kbps CBR
- Tick audio>use advanced filtering
- Go to audio>filters and add:
- input
- stretch (configure the stretch ratio to 0.5)
- output

- Go to video>frame rate and change it to 30 FPS
- Go to video>compression and select XviD MPEG-4 Codec (configure to defaults)

Press F7 to save.

* Note that youtube does not care what video and audio codecs you use, they'll convert it to their format regardless. These codecs are however very well-known and as far as I know standard when it comes to high-quality audio and video encoding. According to Wikipedia, youtube uses 320x240@25fps with a data rate up to 300kbps (25-30fps@200kbps according to this site). The audio is encoded in mono, 65kbps@22050 hz.
Strange, I can't seem to get that kind of distorted sound at all (like in this and this vid, in the latter one the distortion is a bit overkill maybe).

Even if I put stereo mix (record source) to full volume, it just results as slightly higher volume in the video but not distorted at all. Doesn't even help if car volume is at max in setting in LFS.

My soundcard is Hercules Gametheather XP 7.1 and using Fraps of course...

Tested with WavePad too, even if I put recording volume to max there's no sound clipping (not meaning clipping in LFS) at all in the recorded sound file...
Then I think you have got a superb sound card From where did u get it ? I have Hercules speakers ,would be nice if I could have a Hercules soundcard too but i just can't find it in any e-shop :/
Sorry for OT.
I bought that soundcard in 2003, it was back then very regular, nothing special...

Everything should be at max volume still no "distortion". If I record in wavepad and then watch the waveform in Audacity, there's no visible clipping at all (that's what makes the distortion?).

But of course it's possible to increase sound volume in the video before rendering...

Onboard videos
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG