The online racing simulator
Thanks to those who helped get Patch X sorted!
Hello Racers.

I feel Patch X is quite a landmark in LFS development. Although physics changes were minimal, there were so many other updates to old code, multiplayer improvements and general all round updates of so many parts of LFS that were getting a bit old, it has brought us a lot closer to S2 Beta and S2 Final. Of course there's still a way to go, plenty of nice updates to come, including AI, physics and Eric's graphical updates and we'll be continuing with that as you would expect.

We have received a lot of appreciation on the Patch X thread and I would just like to thank all those who helped get it to this stage - there are really a lot of people involved in getting a Patch ready for the release - not just the developers! So I just want to give the other contributors a little recognition for that.

So... thanks and praise to :

Official beta testers - for helping get the initial changes up to public test patch standard

Translators - for the many updates to the translations, helping LFS around the world

Franky500 - for providing the powerful test servers for this last week of intensive stress testing

Don - for entertaining us with videos and providing screen shots for the website on release day

Florian - for updating the lessons and reporting the "final bug" and reproducing it at the last moment!

Programmers - for thoroughly testing and suggesting improvements for the new InSim interface

Forum moderators - for keeping the forum clean and stopping the fights while I ignored all the reported posts

All the people who participated in testing the test patches - for all your bug reports and suggestions!

The test patch would never have been so good and stable without the help of all these people... THANK YOU ALL!
no, thank you!
#3 - ste_
Quote from Smurfen :no, thank you!

I agree with this post, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. Good job Scawen
thanks to all

Thats what I am calling developer feedback
#5 - joen
Game developers and game users working this closely together to continuously improve the game, an extremely rare phenomenon in games development. This is one of the thing that makes LFS so special So great thanks to the devs and the community are in order. Have a cookie all

Just a quick question Scawen. I know patch X is just out of the door, but I was wondering if you're considering to release test patches for Y in the same way? Considering Y will (I assume) be physics imcompatible? Because I have the impression that with the recent test patches you have been able to work very effectively because of the immediate feedback.
I agree with what Joen said. Thank YOU Scavier, for giving us this great 'second life' .
You did the work Scawen - we just joined along for the ride
t hanks
np but you did most of the work dev.
Almost posted this in the main X thread, but didn't at the last moment.. but- I just quickly wanted to say how improved the online experience is now. Really, a dramatic leap over patch W. I don't have the fastest internet connection in the world, but online racing is just a joy now. So, thanks again Scawen, and team!
#11 - CSU1
Great work guys, heres a movie of me in the VW RB4 "helping": movie by tijay
Thank you for the great work Scawen and team
thanks to all the people scawen mentioned
Quote from CSU1 :Great work guys, heres a movie of me in the VW RB4 "helping": movie by tijay

cool video,like the song
This is community!! :grouphug:
you mean there is a patch out ?

Just kidding , everyone should givethemselves 5 min break , then its back to work ok !!!
You just have to love this community! Most developers just want the money. I think we are trully lucky to have a developing team like this. And again, thank YOU Scawen and not just you, we must not forget Victor and Eric. Thank you all!
What a nice thread.

If I wouldn't know how great the developers, the game and the community are, I would truly be suprised about this.
It was a pleasure Thank YOU devs for making this great sim!
Roll on patch Y and S2 final, is all I can say. It only gets better from here.
Lets enjoy what we have.
But, I can't wait for S3!
#22 - axus
And thank you for improving your already excellent product so much, once again!

It really has gotten a lot better to race online, and now I can actually race internationally without a problem - I was racing the LX6 earlier with an 8 car grid or so and 350ms ping and before, with that, I would see cars jumping 1-2m to the side into corners... none of that, it was perfect! I hope you give yourself a well-deserved break before working on physics!
Quote from Scawen :Hello Racers.

Translators - for the many updates to the translations, helping LFS around the world

Maybe it would also be a good idea to have the LFS web site translated in several languages!
It may be a huge barrier for many potential customers!
Quote from Dalek0220 :Lets enjoy what we have.
But, I can't wait for S3!

Thanks Scawen, and thanks to all the moderators.

It's good to see the dev's getting some appreciation for their efforts, instead of the grief which sometimes seems to follow updates.

I'm sure the moderators had their hands full during the past month.

Great job and much appreciation.
No Scawen THANK YOU, if werent for your unique way of working closely to the comunity,persitense and everything and all the time you spent on the forum helping us out this wouldnt have happened, so THANK YOU!

Take a nice little break, i can bet that you are very tired from this very intense last week, you very well deserve it!!

Now Soon as you back roll on Patch Y

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG