The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W48 (final test)
(71 posts, started )
Hi Scawen,
the LFS Host needs "hostname, /host=" on fist line in the file, this is not so good by hosting. Tools for saveing the setup.cfg saves all config items in unordert list.

It is possible to switch off this examination?

Best regards Alex
Shift/U works fine for me too
I/m getting 20-25 fps with a full grid
I still have the stutter when someone leaves the pits
I lost connection to host once, that seldom happens to me
Once while connecting - did not receive guest info
Patch W48 seems to work fine. Performance has increased in shift-u mode.
Quote from Liberation :Hi Scawen,
the LFS Host needs "hostname, /host=" on fist line in the file, this is not so good by hosting. Tools for saveing the setup.cfg saves all config items in unordert list.

It is possible to switch off this examination?

Best regards Alex

Hi.

Sorry, it's not possible because some of the responses to some of the other commands, require that LFS already knows if you are running a host or not.

Well, it's possible, but I'd have to write some code that reads each line and sorts it into the correct order. I think it's better for the config editing programs to save the text in the right order, if possible.

Anyway, no more requests now, patch X is already made.
#30 - hda
Quote from Scawen :Hi.

Sorry, it's not possible because some of the responses to some of the other commands, require that LFS already knows if you are running a host or not.

Well, it's possible, but I'd have to write some code that reads each line and sorts it into the correct order. I think it's better for the config editing programs to save the text in the right order, if possible.

Anyway, no more requests now, patch X is already made.

woo
OK Thank You,
it is an option to start the lfs.exe->
lfs.exe /host=test /port=123456 /cfg=setup.cfg

it is including in patch x?

Alex
These messages started appearing after choosing to download the highres skins. Don't know why?

SKIN: No file size info - ... etc
Attached images
Screenshot_1.jpg
Quote from GP4Flo :Demo banning works fine. Maybe the "Did not receive guest info"-message could be replaced by "You were banned - please don't whine at the forums!".

This would be much nicer to see than could not recieve guest info...or when you get kick/banned from a server a popup window would come up to tell you you have been kicked/banned.
WOOT, patch X is made! YAY, can't wait to see the mayhem on LTC or CLC with 32 cars racing bk and forth...Gonna be fun on Conedogers.

is it just me, or is everyone saying "good work Scawen". but doesn't Victor and Eric still work on the game too? Shoudln't we be saying "good work everyone" or " good work devs"?
Hello, I guess there's a small problem with the pitlimiter. It's possible to receive a drive trough penalty while having it switched on! Don't know about other tracks; Haven't tested other combo's than the one added to this message so far.
Attached files
Speeding_bug.mpr - 9.9 KB - 334 views
Quote from Matt0snap :

is it just me, or is everyone saying "good work Scawen". but doesn't Victor and Eric still work on the game too? Shoudln't we be saying "good work everyone" or " good work devs"?

Oh we will. Particularly when we see the spinky new track that Eric has for us
Quote from teaz-R :These messages started appearing after choosing to download the highres skins. Don't know why?

SKIN: No file size info - ... etc

I'm getting these messages as well, but using low-res skins. Trying to reproduce now.

Edit: I just got a crash trying to connect to the bug test server: 7c9206c3
Just hoping that these bugs aren't stopping X of being released...
Just came from full test server, everything seems to be in order. Shift-U fps seems to be what I expect, but I can't say I've tested it with that many cars in sight before. Kick/Ban and restart voting appears fine, though I haven't checked on a demo server. Maybe I'll see the X-files after work tonight!
I just got the skin not found message and the LFS crash (same address) again. How to reproduce:

- Use 512x512 / 256x256 skins
- Connect to a demo server with somebody using default skin (e.g. xrt_default) on it.
- Leave the server, switch to S2 and connect to a S2 host (bug test server 2 in my case), someone with the same default skin has to be on the server.
- LFS will crash: 7c9206c3

Edit: The following crash could be related to this problem. Although it's a different address, it's in the same module (ntdll.dll) and also happened when connecting to the bug test server 2: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=448037#post448037, http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=448180#post448180
Was patch x released to some hosts? I see the oval junkies servers are running version x.
Yes, there is a link in the general discussion forum for it but there is apparentally a reproduceable crash in the client version which Scawen said he will fix in about 3 hours could be less.
:O Whats happened

I'm trying to reproduce it with Victor but I can't.

First thing : I can't get that message "Can't open XRT_DEFAULT".

I don't understand how you could get that message anyway.

- Do you have XRT_DEFAULT in your skins or skins_dds folder?
- And are you using compressed or full skins?
Quote from Scawen :I'm trying to reproduce it with Victor but I can't.

First thing : I can't get that message "Can't open XRT_DEFAULT".

I don't understand how you could get that message anyway.

- Do you have XRT_DEFAULT in your skins or skins_dds folder?
- And are you using compressed or full skins?

I have it only when some skin have too long name (jpg), and then dds have shorter after convert, and cant find normal. When I dont have jpg in skins too So maybe he deleted it or something.
ye, i have a text that comes up everytime i start up a test patch, and the name is terribly long
Quote from niall09 :ye, i have a text that comes up everytime i start up a test patch, and the name is terribly long

its because dds cant have too many latters, and jpg name and dds isnt the same then, dds have cutted title
Since I got the crash too....

Well, I was also on demo server first, and I remember one XFG with red default skin (only 4 XFGs in race). Then I went to S2 Bug test server 2 (TBO) and it crashed after loading skins. Actually LFS was out of focus when it crashed, skin loading took a while so I was reading something else.

I tried that joining demo then S2 few more times, and everything was alright every time, with or without focus.

Only other odd thing I could remember was that that was during the first run of W48, and that it started full screen, but then I turned off auto switching to windowed on connecting, and everything was in the window till crash. Shouldn't be relevant but who knows.

I'm also using compressed skins.
I hope Scawen will finish his work today and patch x will be out
Quote from Drift King CZ :I hope Scawen will finish his work today and patch x will be out

When it be, then it be. Scawen is hard worker on his buisness, so we must w8 to see nice work simple.

TEST Patch W48 (final test)
(71 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG