The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W41
(299 posts, closed, started )
Haha, nice one
Quote from AndroidXP :Haha, nice one

seconded

honestly ... how hard did you slap your head when you figured that one out ?
At race start the position list doesn't match the grid, at least on WE1R, saw it at every race I did yesterday on the Bug Test 1 server.

The first 5 positions on the grid have the wrong position in the list, The first three on the grid are at the bottom of the list, gridspot 5 show as 1st with gridspot 4 as 2nd.

Attached are 2 screenshots of the list and grid aswell as the replay. Also managed be involved in the start of a big start crash shortly after the green lights came on.
Attached images
lfs_00000173.jpg
lfs_00000174.jpg
Attached files
positions list bug.mpr - 265.8 KB - 269 views
Quote from alxf1 :Scawen, can you please check the attached mpr, got this problem when joining the race on "bug test server". when joining into the race, the car was just thrown into the wall just because it was joining in the garage of another player.

I had this too on the Bug Test server. I think it was yesterday.

Two of us joined at pretty much the same time, and both clicked join mid-race, and were put in the pitlane on top of each other. I don't know how to reproduce it (hell, I can't even remember which patch it was now, they come so fast!), but I wanted to confirm that it isn't a mistake by Alxf1, the bug does exist.
Quote from DanneDA :At race start the position list doesn't match the grid, at least on WE1R, saw it at every race I did yesterday on the Bug Test 1 server.

The first 5 positions on the grid have the wrong position in the list, The first three on the grid are at the bottom of the list, gridspot 5 show as 1st with gridspot 4 as 2nd.

Attached are 2 screenshots of the list and grid aswell as the replay. Also managed be involved in the start of a big start crash shortly after the green lights came on.

I think it's sync problem???, this type of racers list shuffle can be seen in the race(not just at the start) too when the server or you have some lags...
Quote from tristancliffe :I had this too on the Bug Test server. I think it was yesterday.

Two of us joined at pretty much the same time, and both clicked join mid-race, and were put in the pitlane on top of each other. I don't know how to reproduce it (hell, I can't even remember which patch it was now, they come so fast!), but I wanted to confirm that it isn't a mistake by Alxf1, the bug does exist.

i can help u get that bug back.
Noticed the "Warning: Another instance running" message has come back?

Any reason for this. It wasn't in W38-W39
Yes there is a reason for it and no, it has never been removed.

It's just a warning, it's not a problem.

It comes up when you run two instances of LFS. If that's what you wanted, ignore the message. It's useful for people who start two copies of LFS by mistake. For example (1) they already had one opened but it's minimised or (2) they launched it twice by mistake.

This is not a bug! :spin:
Quote from DanneDA :At race start the position list doesn't match the grid, at least on WE1R, saw it at every race I did yesterday on the Bug Test 1 server.

The position of the "[BSR] fer" car label in the second screenshot is very weird, too. Instead of behing above the car, it's several meters alongside it.
Quote from faster111 :i can help u get that bug back.

How?

Or are you offering to join a server and click join lots of times in the hope we do it at exactly the right moment and get pitted on top of each other?
Quote from tristancliffe :How?

Or are you offering to join a server and click join lots of times in the hope we do it at exactly the right moment and get pitted on top of each other?

Two of us joined at pretty much the same time, and both clicked join mid-race like that?
Quote from Scawen :Thing is, that shouldn't happen. Two drivers should not start in the same pit square. It is possible to happen if the other driver drives into your pit box and parks there, then you can spawn intersecting that car. That's easy to reproduce and not actually a bug, it's just a situation that LFS doesn't yet deal with. I don't know what happened in that replay, did he park there before you joined (not a bug) or did he spawn there (bug). If it's reproducable then I can fix it, if we don't know how it happened then I can't really look into it.

Scawen, can I, from what you say, imply that you're not doing a "is something inside this box" check, but rather place the car in a box and ask "has it moved yet"? If I'm right, then the question is how accurate this "has he moved" measurement is. If you recall back at the first incarnation of false starts, it seemed like the server didn't have a 100% accurate view on player movements, which might cause the issue. Other than that, since I have the G25 I also often forget to put the car out of gear, resulting in me often lurching forward after leaving the pits, but I quickly react stomping the brakes and putting it into neutral. Does that count as "has left the pit box"?
Quote from Scawen :Great bug reproduction!

That's good news - I've fixed it in my version now.

For so long there were these reports of unchanging start lights interval and conflicting reports that it worked fine, and me never able to find a problem. Now it's fixed!

I'am happy to hear it's fixed. Glad and a bit proud.
Quote from FL!P :The position of the "[BSR] fer" car label in the second screenshot is very weird, too. Instead of behing above the car, it's several meters alongside it.

He was lagging a lot, He always do so that may be the problem .

Oh! and sorry about the crash xD It was a stupid mistake. Hehehe.
i am not sure if this is a bug or if it is supposed to be so. i think before the patches it was different.

when watching a replay, i can see now the fuel-load of every car. not only my fuel. this can be exploited in league races when a "spotter" just safes a replay right after the start and tells his driver on how much fuel the others are going... i think it shouldn't be possible to see the fuel-load of other cars.
how about you can set weather or not to show fuel load in the options
Quote from Fischfix :i am not sure if this is a bug or if it is supposed to be so. i think before the patches it was different.

when watching a replay, i can see now the fuel-load of every car. not only my fuel. this can be exploited in league races when a "spotter" just safes a replay right after the start and tells his driver on how much fuel the others are going... i think it shouldn't be possible to see the fuel-load of other cars.

This isn't new and it is something that you could use exactly as you described via LFS TV which spools the action into a replay file that you watch through LFS.
I guess the same goes for tyre temps (and damage?).
i knew about the tires and damage, but i am not sure about the fuel though... i have in mind, from lfscar season 1 that i was interested in the fuel strategies of the drivers but i could not see it then...
Not sure it has been posted, but today received an error while viewing spr replay.
Replay just halted saying "Replay OOS error" blinking in the middle of the screen. Happens all the time but noticed in this particular replay.
Replay is AS2 XFR WR (dime_miki http://www.lfsworld.net/get_spr.php?file=5173 ). Replay is recorded in U patch, viewed in W41 test patch.
Sry if posted before.

EDIT: in W patch all normal, works fine. Viewing in W patch I noticed that at the moment where W41 says "replay OOS error" guy has reseted the car.
Yes it does, you can also check your rivals tyre temps in the race. I did this once to check my rivals ahead and behind (I did it on the straight at Blackwood). I instantly saw they were both using a softer tyre than me and would therefore have to pit. I let them go, drove my own race and got them at the pitstops.

Then my own tyres let go 3 laps before the end, which just goes to prove that karma does exist as I had cheated to see their tyres.
-
(felplacerad) DELETED by felplacerad
Quote from s1m0n :Not sure it has been posted, but today received an error while viewing spr replay.
Replay just halted saying "Replay OOS error" blinking in the middle of the screen. Happens all the time but noticed in this particular replay.
Replay is AS2 XFR WR (dime_miki http://www.lfsworld.net/get_spr.php?file=5173 ). Replay is recorded in U patch, viewed in W41 test patch.
Sry if posted before.

Thats because U and W are incompatible. Not a bug
Quote from MikeB :Thats because U and W are incompatible. Not a bug

No. U and W are compatible. BUT Wxx are incompatible, except hot lap sprs.
Quote from AndroidXP :Scawen, can I, from what you say, imply that you're not doing a "is something inside this box" check, but rather place the car in a box and ask "has it moved yet"? If I'm right, then the question is how accurate this "has he moved" measurement is. If you recall back at the first incarnation of false starts, it seemed like the server didn't have a 100% accurate view on player movements, which might cause the issue. Other than that, since I have the G25 I also often forget to put the car out of gear, resulting in me often lurching forward after leaving the pits, but I quickly react stomping the brakes and putting it into neutral. Does that count as "has left the pit box"?

It's nothing to do with "has left the pit box". All LFS does is assign one pit box to each player, so you should not be able to spawn intersecting another car unless he drives into your pit box and parks there, simple as that. The report here seems to be that if you enter race at exactly the same time it's possible to spawn in the same place. I have not investigated it, but it's definitely nothing to do with moving a bit.

Quote from s1m0n :Not sure it has been posted, but today received an error while viewing spr replay.
Sry if posted before.

EDIT: in W patch all normal, works fine. Viewing in W patch I noticed that at the moment where W41 says "replay OOS error" guy has reseted the car.

Thanks for the report and the edit. Yes, reset is not compatible, it's now done a different way. So all previous hotlaps should be compatible unless they reset or pit during the replay.
I was watching a replay, and at the pt where the replay should have cut of(because at that pt i saved replay), all the cars on track disappear. i can still change from car to car and view the tachometer/speedometer etc... but the cars themselves invisible and frozen.
Has this been mentioned already? i just viewed the replay twice and its happened both times. replay was recorded on the w41 test server/
This thread is closed

TEST Patch W41
(299 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG