The online racing simulator
Price gouging on XBox360's
(39 posts, started )

Poll : Price Gouging: Would you pay more then what an items worth?

Xbox sux PC gaming fo life
I'm waiting for the dust to settle
Price gougers can burn in hell
If I want one I'll wait out in the cold like everyone else
You gotta pay to play
Yes paying over $1000 for an Xbox is fine
I think it's terrible. Someone on our local city forum posted that he had 2 for sale. He said he waited in 40 degree weather for them (big deal). He posted them on ebay for a starting price of $1000 and also said he'd cut us fresno people a deal. Jokingly I posted that I would give him $2000 for both. He didn't accept it! He told me to wait for the auction to end. After that I posted:

Quote :I'm no fool, you think i'd pay 1650ish for something you paid around $500.

Burn in hell

Have a nice day.

Now there are some people giving me the whole supply and demand crap like I don't know how it works and are telling me that I am cheap because I won't pay the uber amouts for an Xbox like other people.

How does not wanting to pay over retail make one cheap?

If I sold local and ripped someone off I don't think I could look them in the face, it's just not right.

So... Is price gouging good or not?
Its not good. The Xbox 360 is way to expensive for me right now. Ill wait for prices to drop.
Price gouging is bad, but I don't see this to be price gouging. It's not like this is a store in a hurricane stricken area that's jacking up the prices of building materials, it's just another e-bay auction where the market demand determines the final selling price, not the seller. :rolleyes:
i have no problem with sellers doing this with xboxes. i just think people are retarded to pay that much and laugh at THEM!

if you check ebay now they're down to $750 or so, give it a week or two more and they'll be at the normal price.

speedfreak227
#5 - ajp71
Why on earth do you want an X Box, a games console created by the makers of the worst operating system around?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Umm there were about 30 - 40 reported cases, out of how many xboxes sold? Millions.
-
Quote from ajp71 :Why on earth do you want an X Box, a games console created by the makers of the worst operating system around?

That was my thought too... Xbox was crap, Xbox 360 will be equally crap. I've seen some of the games on it first hand, and its just flashy textures, same crappy blocky models. When UT2007 hits the shelves, it will have multi-MILLION poly models. Plus, it will still run on todays higher-end systems.
I just saw one at the store playing Call of Duty today... I must say it looks pretty good... but the one thing I hate about consoles is that FPS games are just so dumb because the aiming is horrible with an analog joystick. Everyone was having trouble aiming in the game, and it takes like 10 secs for someone to get on a target.

But that aside... it looked pretty good, and was running very smooth. There was one part where some smoke was layed down and the smoke looked VERY nice, was very thick and 'full' and looked pretty realistic.

Would've liked to see PGR3 and give that a go, maybe another day.

Still I voted that PCs are better just because the pure power and games will always grow and get better for the PC. If you look at it now... PC games have excelled in graphics and quality, and the old Xbox and PS2 have lagged behind.... up until now PS3 and Xbox360 have caught up with it due improvements in console and tv technology as well. But, PC graphics will just keep on climbing and get better than the average old console. PC graphics hardware is much more expensive than a console, but it is a very popular industry, nothing can beat the power of computer graphics.
people are successfully selling xbox 360's for twice their price on ebay. damn when the ps3 comes out thats what i'm gonna do.
Console games are not that fun anyway. Consoles arent very flexible, if you know what i mean.
-
I bought my N64 just for Perfect Dark.

Perfect Dark Zero looks like crap.
I won't be getting one for a while but I probably eventually will. My Xbox hasn't given me a single problem in 2 and a half years; its features are better than PS2's (including the hard drive, music customisation, and a better controller in the Controller S, although that's down to personal preference).

In fact, we have 3 PS2's (one in the living room) and my Xbox in our student house. The Xbox gets used more than the PS2 by miles.

I certainly won't rant and rave about it being better overall than PS2 because it's an extremely boring argument that basically comes down to what individual people prefer.

But I don't see the big fuss about the 360. OK, it looks nice and it's powerful, and has some great features. But it's games that make consoles good and sell them - and the 360 launch games don't grab me at all...

I won't be getting one... until they come down to about £130 or less that is, and some good games are out for it. (Bought my Xbox for £180 and the next week it came down to £130! Gutted.)
nothing wrong with people selling them for over $1000.
we all would if we had the chance.
i've had some of the best entertainment experiences on consoles... i'd never make such a general statement like console games arent fun. Anyone who feels that way must be playing some pretty sucky games. I plan on buying a ps3 and skipping the 360.
Agreed. PS3 for me thank-you Gran Turismo 5 here I come!
i love how they were selling on ebay for like 12 grand US
too bad the copy protection on the ps3 is going to render used games useless, so you HAVE to buy one game per ps3.... suckas.
^ didnt u hear the news. sony europe said that that is not true. a single copy of a ps3 game will work on all ps3 consoles. its on gamespot too.
Quote from MAGGOT :Agreed. PS3 for me thank-you Gran Turismo 5 here I come!

I wonder will they still have the balls to call it "the real driving simulator".
Quote from deggis :http://www.smashmyxbox.com

I am disappointed. I was expecting all the Xbox geeks to beat the crap out of him afterwards. And no close-ups...

Quote from Hyperactive :I am disappointed. I was expecting all the Xbox geeks to beat the crap out of him afterwards. And no close-ups...

You have to admit, there was some good "monttu-auki" faces there
-

(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG