The online racing simulator
TEST Patch P4 (now P12)
(556 posts, closed, started )
Same here again. Attached estonian keys.
Attached files
keys_eesti.pdf - 113.3 KB - 505 views
Quote from Lible :Same here again. Attached estonian keys.

Thanks Lible :up:

Did you get a mail from Victor about your name? We'd like to put your real name on the credits page, if that's ok with you.

And there are a few other people who worked on the new translations, whose name we are waiting for as well.

P12 should be out tomorrow. 12 fixes and 5 improvements so far...
Great Stuff Scawen

dribbles...
Quote from Scawen :P12 should be out tomorrow. 12 fixes and 5 improvements so far...

:drink::huepfenic
yeah! waitin for...

Nice Scawen!!!
Would it be possible for LFS to store the last saved colour like?
So you don't need to use ctrl+"use mouse" N times when you want to write N lines in the same colour
-
(Lible) DELETED by Lible
You should prerelease the changelog for upcoming patches

I received the mail, but cant awnser now( at wrong computer). Anyway, you have my permission. My name is Rene Allkivi

EDIT: Resolved the problem, mail sended.

EDIT2: I hope P12 is released when im home!
Quote from Scawen : :up:

P12 should be out tomorrow. 12 fixes and 5 improvements so far...

Quote from Lible :You should prerelease the changelog for upcoming patches

Hmm, not really I'd say. What about last minute changes of the patch, like a small bugfix? Then Scawen has to keep updating it. We'll see what has changed when it's done and released.
I'd like to see a scan of his famous todo list
Quote from GP4Flo :I'd like to see a scan of his famous todo list

I dont think the forum allows 327Mb attachments.
It`s tomorrow, im sitting here and waiting for patch!
Ok, a 327MB zipped textfile. Textfiles are usually very good compressable at about 95%. But lets say Scawen has written very cryptic text so we only reach 90%. Means the real text file is 327/10*100 = 3,27 GB big. If we take an average line length of 80 chars, this means he has 3,270,000,000 bytes / 80 chars = 40,875,000 lines on his todo list. Pretty impressive.
Test Patch P12
Hello again! More fixes and improvements in TEST Patch P12. Some people wil be pleased with the colour changing shortcut, hold CTRL and press any key, 1 to 7 to select a colour, or 8 to go back to the original colour. There are now 4 slots to map text messages or commands to your controller. Just enter them in Options... Game... CTRL+F9-F12. These keys can be assigned to your controller in Options... Controls... Buttons 2.

Please read the list of changes below. For info about all other changes since P3, please start at the first post of this thread, and follow the trail (each post links to the next update).

Updates :

Copy and paste of text in LFS now preserves colour and codepage
Ping display in list of games now uses translatable text : "ms"
"Corrupted NameReply" error message removed from List of Games
Autocross editor distance measure display is now translatable
Text input CTRL + 0 to 7 : change colour / CTRL + 8 : default
CTRL in text input box : click down arrow to show characters
New /out command - ignored by LFS but seen by InSim programs
Controller buttons can be assigned to text keys CTRL+F9-F12
Added names of new translation people to the credits page

Fixes :

FIX : Third decimal place of message text size was not saved
FIX : Coloured F key text inserted in text box appeared wrong
FIX : Untranslatable messages appearing in the wrong code page
FIX : Player name shown above car appearing in wrong code page
FIX : CTRL + any key press now does nothing unless supposed to
FIX : Invalid key sound on pressing valid keys in training mode
FIX : Could not delete some chars typed after clicking a player
FIX : Colouring problem with player names beside typed messages
FIX : High-ascii latin chars in player going to message codepage
FIX : Max length player name with a full stop would be corrupted
FIX : Various bugs and crashes when using nogfx / invisible host
FIX : Some problems with kick/ban and sharing of ambiguous names

Download :

http://www.liveforspeed.net/fi ... FS_S2_ALPHA_PATCH_P12.zip

NOTES :

1) Please tell me if you have reported a bug and it's not fixed.

2) This is a TEST patch - there may be problems - do let us know of any you find.

3) New translators - please check your name on the credit page. Is it there and spelled correctly? If you should be there but you aren't, that's because we don't know your real name, so please send us an email.
wee checking it out scawen!
Hehe, funny to see my name in Cyrillic
Nice work Scawen

EDIT: Weeee! I can type in Japanese without changing anything on my windows. Awesome text entry system there Scawen. The new colours thing is very intuitive - you know which number to press with CTRL because the colours show up along the bottom. Hopefully it has no bugs.
Yay thank you scawen!
ah i see, u fixed that practice sound bug, u didnt say anything bout that was wondiring if u even noticed
thanks for the new patch , we will enjoy!
Quote from Scawen : Controller buttons can be assigned to text keys CTRL+F9-F12

Thanks, I've waited for this feature for nearly 3 years

Would it be possible to map the F9 to F12 and arrow keys to buttons as well? This would ease the use of the pit instructions a lot, so you don't need to type on the keyboard while driving.

P.s. You forgot to add a translation string for the "CTRL + Fx" labels, it would be nice to see "Strg + Fx" in german
Quote from GP4Flo :Thanks, I've waited for this feature for nearly 3 years

Would it be possible to map the F9 to F12 and arrow keys to buttons as well? This would ease the use of the pit instructions a lot, so you don't need to type on the keyboard while driving.

P.s. You forgot to add a translation string for the "CTRL + Fx" labels, it would be nice to see "Strg + Fx" in german

Use your controller software. You can assign buttons to keys from there. On my DFP I have 4 buttons for F9-F12 and the POV thing as the arrow keys.
Quote from GP4Flo :P.s. You forgot to add a translation string for the "CTRL + Fx" labels, it would be nice to see "Strg + Fx" in german

I did it - just forgot to upload the language file. It's online now.
It would be much easier to be able to map these keys inside LFS. Not everybody has the controller software running in the background and it's easier to explain a newbie how to set it in LFS then to explain how it is done with the controller software for wheel x from manufacturer y.

In my opinion the pit instructions (F9 - F12 + arrow keys) are even more important than the chat messages. Usually you don't need to chat during a race, but you need to change your pit strategy quite often.

Edit: My suggestion is to add the arrow keys to the "Buttons 1" page and replace "Ctrl + F9 - F12" by "F9 - F12" on the "Buttons 2" page. That would be enough to make all us serious racers happy
This thread is closed

TEST Patch P4 (now P12)
(556 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG