The online racing simulator
MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
(494 posts, closed, started )
Ill try this when i get home!
-
(Ill_eagle94) DELETED by Ill_eagle94
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :put it in ur folder where is mecanik. that should work

Here is a SS of the file in the folder and the error on teh same screen. :Kick_Can_

http://server2.ihostphotos.com/show.php?id=12386
Tested right now with 0.5p2 and all the neccessary files in place. It finds game and car, but the "apply" button doesn't work. Sort of grayed out.

When I try to load one of your presets I get a box saying "Error: Main.SendCartypeData". Maybe that helps a bit.

Clean install of lfs:
When I use the exe you provided with the P04 release, the car isn't found.
Forgot to mention that when I use this .exe (LFS_05P), I get a message on the topleft of my screen in LFS saying "Warning: Created default codepage". Don't know why, or what it means.
When I use the .exe that came with the clean install, apply button is grayed out again.

To the guy above: just saw your screenshot.. I see you have the file missing in your lfs directory.. Try to move/copy it to */windows/system32
The program should check the place where its loaded as well, but might something different with that one

OK.. While editing this whole post, I tried for fun one more time.. Just fiddling around a bit.
Tried to load one of the presets on your 04 package, and got same error as described on top.
So I just clicked into "idle" for half a second, and suddenly the apply button came to life.
I dont know why, it just did. I have tested different values in all the previous versions, so I'm totally surprised and blown away.
Time to test it, and thanks for making this tool that seems soo good

Another edit. Apply button does work, but when I press it (didnt do that before completing the last edit) I get the "Error: Main.SendCartypeData". So back to where I left off hehe. Will try to fiddle around a bit, swapping files and such..

Edit #3 or 4: So.. Got it to work. Don't know why. Might have been a shitty settings.cfg that was defaulting the language to norwegian. So fixed that to english properly. It might have been that, it might not.. Anyway thanks once again
Can someone post instructions to actually get this thing working, i've redownloaded LFS and I still can't get it to work.
How about a drop-down list box for drivetrain type that says "FWD", "RWD", "AWD", "Default", and just use a select case statement to input the actual number? Would be a lot more user friendly.

Edit: the comments box doesn't appear to work either (with v2 - v4 doesn't let me apply changes and I quickly got bored of editing the preset file and reloading it...)
Boxes aren't selected in order when pressing tab.
Can you say when you'll let us change the tire specs ?
Dying to put FZR rears on some of my creations
Tyre specs are part of the individual car settings, which I assume we'll be able to change all at once, once LFSTweak is ready of course.

Atm I'm having fun playing about with the engines, but other than that it's quite limited really. I mean it's impossible to re-create another car unless it's the same as one of the cars we have with a different engine. Oh well, the LX8 and a F1 car will just have to do!
actually you cant create an lx8 since you can change neither tyre type (you could use the slickmod though) nor tyre dimensions and if im not mistaken the lx8s tyres are quite a bit wider than the ones on the lx6
Meh, spoil my fun, it's near enough!
yeah, i agree with bob, although it's great fun knocking about in 1275GT mini's and Lairy V10 F1 cars it's difficult to go far beyond what the standard car is capable of without serious problems.

BTW tried a 4,500,000BHP MRT5 earlier, the most powerfull shoebox in historyillepall
Quote from mrodgers :Another question, does driving online with this affect the stats at LFSWorld in anyway? Like with PB times? I would guess not, but .

why would it not? your running times online.. it doesnt check if there is anything running

as for the apply button not working.. same here and this is with a fresh install of S2 alpha from the install page (seeing my other one wouldnt go back to S2p from S2p10 or whatever
Quote from XCNuse :why would it not? your running times online.. it doesnt check if there is anything running

Because the car wouldn't match anymore just like if you would change settings and try to join a normal server. It' won't let you join the server because the car wouldn't match.
Wow, 3000+ downloads in 1 day !! :bigeyes2: Imagine if i asked 1$ each time

Seriously though, i carefully went through all your posts and i'd like to apologize to those having issues.
I will add a disclaimer explaining the possible problems and limits,etc...

Ok, so here is my present list of ReportedBugs to fix:

- APPLY not working on P04 (Doh! doh! doh!!!!!!!!!!!)
I guess i overlooked a detail again and posted too fast.

- Missing msstdfmt.dll file
I'll have to look what i added that asks for this, i'll provide a copy if needed.

- Preset loading issues
I added comments about this both in the main post AND in the ReadME.
P04 presets PROVIDED WITH THE P04 download are different because
of the added 'Preset Comments:"

- Power affects setups
I'll check this one out, chances are it's a side-effect of editing the
cartypes, thanks for this report btw, this is news to me.

- CARnotFound
For those who still have this issue, i don'T know what to say. All
seems fine to me so far. The only thing left to check is that abc
codepage thing, since, as i mentionned, i use the car's NAMES to
ID them, so if you have different caracters showing there, it WON'T
find any car. I'm hoping this is the problem.

As for the textbox issue, i KNOW, it annoys me too, but honestly,
i got used to it so it's not frustrating me much. This is a limitation
of my programming knowledge, i'll have to look at a few ways to
deal with values. For one, i could use sliders/drop-down menus
for many values, as for the rest, i could always use a buffer textbox.
Please be patient with this, it's not a 'bug' for me at this point, but
an improvement suggestion.

Ok, it's a bit late today but i'll start looking at those issues and i
should update within a day or two.

Thanks for the support btw guys, i still can't believe P02 got 3000+ downloads ! :bigeyes2:
Quote from mrodgers :Another question, does driving online with this affect the stats at LFSWorld in anyway? Like with PB times? I would guess not, but .

Yes, yes it DOES. This is very important to know imo. I'll add this to
to the disclaimer so people know BEFORE they try it. I really SHOULD
have taught of informing people about this.

It won't affect HotLap charts, but it WILL change your personal online
stats if you use it online.
I get :

Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch

if I try to change the drivetrain.
Quote from bw_krupp :I get :

Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch

if I try to change the drivetrain.

Mmmm, didn't get this myself. How do you 'change'
the drivetrain exactly ? Can you describe step by step
what keys/buttons causes the error ? If i can make it
bug myself, then i can fix it, or at least, it's much easier.

Oh, and what version of MecaniK are you using, P02 ?
Quote from Fonnybone :

- Missing msstdfmt.dll file
I'll have to look what i added that asks for this, i'll provide a copy if needed.

:bigeyes2:

Please do
Quote from Fonnybone :Wow, 3000+ downloads in 1 day !! :bigeyes2: Imagine if i asked 1$ each time

Yeah, you'd have 3000 complaints asking why you are charging for this software.

But yeah, impressive figures to say the least! Just shows how many people are waiting for LFS Tweak.
Quote from Fonnybone :- Power affects setups
I'll check this one out, chances are it's a side-effect of editing the
cartypes, thanks for this report btw, this is news to me.

weird its been there at least since tweak for .3h
it creates 2 problems
1) if you try to build a light car with loads of hp youll end up with very high spring frequencies and there is no way to lower them (not a serious issue but annoying)
2) (somewhat serious) if the new lowest value you can set for spring stiffness is higher than the one the setup used in the first place youll involuntarily change the setup and as lfs automatically saves the setup youll mess up every single setup you select

Quote :- CARnotFound
For those who still have this issue, i don'T know what to say. All
seems fine to me so far. The only thing left to check is that abc
codepage thing, since, as i mentionned, i use the car's NAMES to
ID them, so if you have different caracters showing there, it WON'T
find any car. I'm hoping this is the problem.

i wouldnt get my hopes up too high since afaik every codepages has a full set of standard latin characters and arabic numbers at the the same locations

Quote :As for the textbox issue, i KNOW, it annoys me too, but honestly,
i got used to it so it's not frustrating me much. This is a limitation
of my programming knowledge, i'll have to look at a few ways to
deal with values. For one, i could use sliders/drop-down menus
for many values, as for the rest, i could always use a buffer textbox.
Please be patient with this, it's not a 'bug' for me at this point, but
an improvement suggestion.

just changing it back to the way tweak .3h processed keyboard input would be enough
Quote from Shotglass :(...) just changing it back to the way tweak .3h
processed keyboard input would be enough

Yes, i know . This is exactly what i was thinking last night.
I just need to go through tons of old folders with tons of old projects and
find one that redruM made, he had this code and i remember removing
it because it was keeping me from doing something, i didn't realise at the
time what it was for...

I'd like some feedback on the P05 exe. Is it working well ?
I need to know before i start building on it.
Quote from Bob Smith :But yeah, impressive figures to say the least! Just shows how many people are waiting for LFS Tweak.

Ya but don't you wonder how there can be 4000 downloads if this whole thread has only 2,367 'views' ?!
The same person can 'view' a thread more than once so that's not even the number of people that read
this thread. I'm pretty sure some other forums/sites have a direct link or something I'm
just surprised how fast all this happened, i went to bed, woke up and it was at 3600+

So, even if everyone downloaded the file twice, it's still about 2000.
Quote from Fonnybone :Ya but don't you wonder how there can be 4000 downloads if this whole thread has only 2,367 'views' ?!
The same person can 'view' a thread more than once so that's not even the number of people that read
this thread. I'm pretty sure some other forums/sites have a direct link or something I'm
just surprise how fast all this happened, i went to bad, woke up and it was at 3600+

So, even if everyone downloaded the file twice, it's still about 2000.

"Email to 10 of my friends:

Holy crap, check this out!! Fonnybone just released Mecanik for S2!! Here a link to the download.........."

That's how ! But on the other side, you have 4000 downloads, but how many folks got theirs from a friend who said in an email, here, I'll just send it to you in an attachment.
Here's a link to the S1 LFStwak thread at RSC, there is a LFStweak tutorial (I think some of the stuff is same with mecanik)
link

Scroll to post 8 and dl.
Still, when it comes down to number of hits, it still got a bit over 3800
so far, at 1$ the download, it's still 3800$ Once i get closer to
a stable version, i'll post a full update and make it the only download.
If i add a little candy in it, i should be able to get a number of
downloads closer to the actual number of users. I'm curious.
Short of forcing registration,there's no way to know the absolute number.
One request, can you let us change the car type ?
This thread is closed

MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
(494 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG