The online racing simulator
Live For Stats and LFS-report
(67 posts, started )
Hi, back again with 1.52.
Get it here http://www.liveforstats.de.vu/ and look at the changes.

It´s more intuitiv and better in use, because of for example three icons showing the status:
red for no LFS started
yellow for LFS started
green for InSim open

It runs good now, some problems in the realtime race were fixed, wich caused the lap positions to be wrong.
Also all icons were optimized for all windows versions (only a few colors for 98 and transparency for Vista)
Everything else is shown in the changelog and the news text.

I also created an account on sourceforge.net where I upload the source code in the next days http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/liveforstats/
You can download 1.60.

It includes the updates from LFS, so new pit information, penaltie, yellow and blue flag and so on.

See for details the news post the updated documentation and the changelog
Hi!
I want to ask whether you will update your tool with Patch X and the TCP information.
Since LFS Stats is no longer going to be updated, Live For Stats is currently the only app to gather stats that still seems alive. Stats are a huge part of many leagues, and it would be a shame to have this valuable tool fade.

Please please please say you'll update Live For Stats for InSim v4.
Yes I will update it.
But it is a project also for my university and I have to finish the documentation and so I cannot do such a big change at the moment.
Can I also get stats out of a replay with this tool?
Sure you can.
Only start it and play the replay (up to 16x speed you can go on most machines)

BTW
if someone wants to make it fit for InSim V4 so maybe only change from UDP to TCP you can take the source code wich is availible under GPL. The code is well organized and good documented.
I would upload it to my site and sourceforge surely with write out the author :P
I write that because many want to use a tool and asked for sources from LFS Stats.
Also a self output for a html file can be integrated (maybe convert LFS report from php here to c/c++)

Thats not a word of dropping the project, I will continue on time
yesyes, pls someone make it work with the latest insim!

We need those damn best sector times and the race time gaphs !
btw, what's the lastest lfs patch that this app works with?
the currently last official release W
And beta patch W8
The actualy Test Patch is W26 reased today..

One question, I get the xml file, but now, How I can do to get a html readable?
Visit the website http://www.vrl-simracing.be/lfsreport/ (or context menu of Live for Stats -> LFS Report (second one)

But before you have to upload the xml file anywhere and put the link to this page. A Second chance would be to use a local webserver like you can do it easily with xampp.
But I have to agree both solutions aren´t very good if you are only a LFS player who want to see his times.
On the other hand xampp is very good and I use it often
Any progress on the updates for Patch X? Looking forward to it!
i'm also keenly awaiting the type x version
Hmm I answered yesterday but it seems I forgot to send :-D

I started the last days playing with new things and thinking how I make it. But I have still not enough time because the end of my study time (I hope ) and much to do.
The plan is to have a gui and a console and this on all platforms (windows,unix,mac (if I can compile it)). But for this I have to re-write many parts of the program. So there will be some time since a new version will come, but I think I can say it will definitely come
I want to announce that I started a new version some weeks ago but I only spend some hours here and there. I read about a new discussion about an XML file from other programs in the forum. If someone is interested that I use it please contact me or write in this thread
My program weren´t used too much in the last version I don´t know why but that was not really a problem for me and it won´t be in the next version also becauseI try many new things and it is a helpful project for me. For anyone who maybe want to help me or is interested here are some facts of the nearly totaly rewritten propgram live for stats 2 (Most things are only started but I thought over them enough that I can say they will be come

must have
- everything that was in live for stats 1
- use of InSimv4 with tcp and udp
- more then one instance running (for servers and maybe capturing the race with changed settings)
- a multi platform program it can be compiled on any of them (I want to provide binarys for windows and linux)
- open source again
- a gui (graphical user interface)
- based on qt 4.3 (http://www.trolltech.com)
- it uses some "new techniques" like many threads (get tcp data, get udp data, process the packets, upload to ftp, gui)

planned
- a console version also on every platform and changing as less as possible to the guio version (good OOP)

(far) wishes
- live race tracking
- some race information (low fuel warning...)
- race html export

Thats all for now. If someone wants to get the "old" lfsReport (PHP script to generate a html page out of a XML race file) and further work on it or want to help me working on classes for live for stats 2, you are welcome. I´m not an "only-work-alone-person"

If there are more news I start a new thread for live for stats 2
That's good news. Server admins need a reliable stats package to produce live race results. Gai-Luron has done an excellent job resurrecting LFSstats but it would be great to have a choice.

Good Luck

Live For Stats and LFS-report
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG