The online racing simulator
Sands Of Fern Bay (Higher Resolution Textures) *Updated*
Hello there.

I was re-making the Cliff face on Fern Bay, then i ended up with ideas and ideas lead to more ideas,

and anyway....

In the end i ended up with this great idea., too bad my skills at this arent 10/10 but..
This is my first Ever releise of re-made texture appart from the odd interiour here and there etc..
Here is my attempt at what my idea was.
its how i personally emagine a place like fern bay to look like.
i guess its one of them things where you hate it or love it
Please check out the Cliff faces aswell, there my pride and joy and i hope you like them
(This is only the half thing so far. iv not fully remade Everything, lots more to come, If you find and bugs or errors or ideas, please let me know and i Will fix them, If you would like to use these for anything other than just using them for your personal LFS Game please ask first )

**Updated***
(last 3 screenshots showing the New curbs and the New wall's and the optional Clean tarmac)

Fixes:
Walls appearing as sand
Curbs looking like there painted On sand

Changes:
Walls now Concrete instead bricks
Toned down the Curbs so there not as bright but now easyer to see the edge of track.

Allso just added a sandy background for the distant hills which used to be grass. (3rd from last screenshot)

Extras:
Extra link for Clean" tarmac without sandy Edges (if you pfer that kind of thing)

Installation: Extract the DDS files to your Lfs_s2/data/DDS folder

Thank you and Enjoy!

Textures Main: **Includes the Fixes & Updates**
REUPLOADED 2014:
http://www43.zippyshare.com/v/64643074/file.html
Rar file includes all the optional extras etc. Enjoy!
Attached images
Cliff Face.jpg
Chicane.jpg
Rallyx Sands.jpg
Rallyx Green.jpg
Chicane 2.jpg
clean tarmac.jpg
Curbs.jpg
High Quality1.jpg
High Quality2.jpg
High Quality3.jpg
Nice! The cliffs are great but maybe some off the sand textures could be a little darker (easier on the eyes). Keep it up m8!
ty for that, will see what i can do. ill wait till theres alot of bugs or things need fixing befor updating it tho

the rallyx sand i needed to make higher anyway tho so it could be reconised from the sides of the track hehe
looks pretty cool
I think the red-white curbs look pretty weird, like it was painted on the sand. Otherwise nice, there are not too many FE texture packs anyway and I have never liked the look or "feel" of the original FE.
im going to remake the curbs and the tarmac today and try to make an effect at the edges like a road sweeper has tryed to clean the sand away
or i might just make the tarmac clean anyway

this will be a optional download tho so if people still want the sandy edges then it will still come with that
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :or i might just make the tarmac clean anyway

No clean... make it dirty as possible in general the tarmac textures in LFS and most of the all texture updates are too clean looking.

http://www.marcls-home.de/file ... nid=15&p13_fileid=142

Have you seen that? A bit like that + sand would be perfect.

And about that rallycross section.. http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=28850&d=1177019663
IMHO that looks too much like dune/beach sand maybe more darker colour would fit.
ohhhhh The Dakar-Fern bay rally , nice!
When you see the picture of the tarmac witht he sand reminds me of the bahrain f1 curcuit Looks good though. All i need now is pc to be able to use high res textrues.
Now all we need is another host other than crapidshare
Quote from Greboth :All i need now is pc to be able to use high res textrues.

Would be nice to use those high-res packs but I'm not sure how much does that have performance hit. Never tested. But I guess some hit because all textures would be 2x higher. That "ruined old Blackwood" by TaaviEST is the only texture pack for tracks I use... as far as I remember that wasn't high-res though.

At least Don's sky textures has no performance hit compared to the default skies. I have tested that with just sitting in non-moving car... but those still eats more graphics card memory?
the textures dont reduce fps that much, infact its hardly any different according to people who have downloaded electric Kar's Hi-res textures.

by the way, i thaught about that cracked tarmac etc but i didnt want to steal the idea as its allready been made,

iv fixed alot of the walls etc this morning because i accidently made some walls out of sand

and iv allso made some clean tarmac if people pfer to be able to see the road better. and iv allso tone'd down the curbs slightly so they dont look like they have a spotlight shining on them all the time,

will have it allready in about 20 mins with some more screenshots etc

(edit, okay fixed most of the things now and added optional tarmac, Enjoy!)

remember, if you spot any thing that needs fixing or changing let me know
#13 - Davo
These look great. Awesome work. One questions though, when driving off the track onto the sand do you get the sand dust or is it green grass dust?
unfortunetly its the grass colour which cant be changed i dont think.

the dust/smoke Etc, uses a puff of smoke/dust image which it repeats for the effect of alot of smoke/dust.

smoke/grass dust/ gravel dust, uses the same file for the effect then adds colour to it for the surface your driving on, so for what i know you cant change it.

if theres any one who knows if it is possible tho, let me know ill add it to the package
its possible to download only hi-res stone (cliff) texture?
cheeky

lol im joking, yep it is its in the main download, but it has sand on the top and bottom so it would look odd with grass lol
lol yeh i thaught so :P
One suggestion: those "new" looking ad billboards don't really fit IMHO, some ruined looking would be better...

Something like in that "old Blackwood" texture addon pack here: http://www.marcls-home.de/file ... onid=13&p13_fileid=59

or are those ads in the screenshots even included in this download?
okay iv updated the main files with the fixes and a new sandy background for the distant hills.

and yep the ads' are included in the package, ill see what i can do with them tomorrow thanks for the idea,

you now only need the fixes if you have the old version of the files
The rock wall texture is great Jimmy.

But I feel the sand is a bit overwhelming (especially the dunes in the background).

Also, I feel very thirsty now
thanks btw i just felt like making these for my lfs untill you have finished making some fern bay ones then ill be moving to yours electric kar , your the master at textures
-
(ER RUHLU) DELETED by ER RUHLU
Thumbs up
LFS

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG