The online racing simulator
Total Distance Driven seems incorrect
I searched but could not find any references to this.

On LFSW it says I have done total distance of ~37,486 Km, Laps ~5,456

If I manually add up ALL my laps and Distance from the Laps Charts:

I find I have done a Distance of ~23,058 Km, Laps ~5,415

The Laps look correct (well close enough) BUT the Distance Driven is like waaaay off. Its like LFSW is contradicting itself.

I even checked here: http://www.spdoracing.org/lfsw/quick_script.php?racer=JasonJ
That has the same result for Laps Driven (~5,415) and the Total Distance Driven is about ~23,000 Km again.

So why does LFSW & ingame "/w distance" say 37,486 Km ? Is this a bug?
Attached images
total stats.GIF
eg.GIF
did you visited some c&r servers recently?
Quote from 510N3D :did you visited some c&r servers recently?

Yes, done about 1900 laps of Caribbean Cruise FE4 (practice). But it counted ~1900 laps fine in my Laps Chart (LFSW). Also I added up FE4 Distance Travelled in my Laps Chart (LFSW) ~13,000 Km

What I mean to say is that it seems to be counting my Kms towards my Laps Chart in this sever as I have not raced this config before.

Not much at all in other CnR servers. Practically nothing. Dont use any other drift/practice servers. Just a few other races here and there. I'm still a noob at racing.

Is it possible that the Distance Travelled in the Laps Chart does not actually count distance driven in the reverse direction, when you are driving the "WRONG WAY", yet the Total Distance Driven "/w ds" command counts all Kilometres regardless what direction you are travelling?

If this is the case - I'm sorry for starting this thread - this isn't a bug.
hmm, well first off the two distances will never be equal because the totalled laps-distance is purely "laps * predefined tracklength". But the distance in the overview listing is the actual total of all metres you have driven. So if you drive circles, that number will keep going up, whiile the laps-distance will stay the same. Like for today you have 25km driven, but 0 laps.
But if that would result in a difference of 15000km .. hmm, yeah dunno, kinda would not think so Would have to check that somehow.
It includes all the mileage in qualifying, practice, post-race messing about, drifting, cruising, wasted outlaps, etc etc. I think it's updated every 5 seconds.
Quote from Victor :"laps * predefined tracklength".

That is it. The database does not store distance travelled for each car/track combo, its calculated on that predefined track length. Thats fine.

Quote from Victor :But if that would result in a difference of 15000km .. hmm, yeah dunno, kinda would not think so Would have to check that somehow.

Yeah, I've done about 700 laps the wrong way. The Caribbean Cruise server is two way traffic. Makes things interesting to say the least.

Thanks for the *quick as hell* replies. You guys are awesome..
Quote from JasonJ :Yeah, I've done about 700 laps the wrong way. The Caribbean Cruise server is two way traffic. Makes things interesting to say the least.

ah cool, yeah that'll be it then.

well at least i did find and fix a bug in the races-listing due to your report, so it was good for something

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG