The online racing simulator
Why's nobody race the MRT any more?
I was on a MRT server once. 20 people. but it was crash hell. hard car to race cleanly. in my opinion I think we should just kill the MRT and make way for the RB4 GTR, RAC GTR and LX8 GTR
IDK. Maybe they've found another car they like to race because they got bored of it. An all MRT race would be fun, though.
#4 - wark
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :in my opinion I think we should just kill the MRT and make way for the RB4 GTR, RAC GTR and LX8 GTR

Nah, man! Dump the MRT5 for an MRT9!

Support your fellow Canadians, eh?
#5 - Woz
I see MRT only serveers down under a fair bit. Actually the few servers down here are good as they rotate what is being played a lot.

The ProRacingRoom mob appear to like MRT races, prob too high ping for you from the UK though
It came up once on the Odd Compbo server. A full grid of people in MRT's on AS Club. It was awesome.
Well, personally, I dont think that there is such a lack of MRT servers. I usually can see a few where they're racing at an Aston track (Cadet, Club) or sometimes, a Fern Bay track like Gold so IMO, yes, relative to the other single seaters, there aren't many MRT servers but they're there .
imo the car is way to hard to handle, even worse than the RAC.
at least for me thats the reason why i stay away from it.
Quote from wark :Nah, man! Dump the MRT5 for an MRT9!

Support your fellow Canadians, eh?

Eh?Eh?Eh? I live close to to McGill university sorta across the provincial border and I'm there
Later this year we have our MRT Leaque again as every season, its great fun when you know how to drive it. MRT is ok. www.mrnl.eu
Quote from Zipppy :Eh?Eh?Eh? I live close to to McGill university sorta across the provincial border and I'm there

i live close to UBC. ish and thye built an MRT like thing.

I was on the MRT AS club server
Mrt is still my fav car in lfs - i don't use it as there is no severs with it or sometimes bl1 as1 as2 ones...but that's boring...
Good thing to have a league..maybe i'll join it.
I've seen some of the most stupid tracks driven with the MRT in S2. I mean, tracks like Westhill or Aston Club just don't just suit this car, they are boring! MRT needs corners.

I think it's not that hard car to drive if you have a decent setup. The hotlap mentality when racing the normal short races doesn't really fit though you got to drive something under the usual 101%. It's one of the only cars in LFS that really can bite your head off. Myself, I love it like no other car. There's nothing like MRT on some SO layout and few proper drivers who can fight cleanly...oh the days.

Who wants to race tonight?
yea but its only good with wheel.
with mouse / keyboard it just has a way too sensitive steering.
and as we have still a lot mouse / keyboard drivers (including me) most of them wont drive it.
i only drive it on tracks like WE cuz i can actually do 1 lap without losing control
Sissies, I've seen guys racing the MRT around SO with mouse. You just need a less sensitive setup

And patience.
#16 - wark
I think the MRT is harder to drive with a wheel, as you can't make lightning fast corrections from lock to lock.
Quote from wark :I think the MRT is harder to drive with a wheel, as you can't make lightning fast corrections from lock to lock.

nah that makes it a lot easier.
very fast countersteer is the main problem.
i always try to avoid it but somehow i cant and i always lose control cuz of that, the car doesnt forgive nothing.
Some still race MRT. Even yesterday there were many servers running MRT at as1. I myself was at FM's server and there were max about 15 drivers. And it sure was fun.

Quote from kamo2000 :Mrt is still my fav car in lfs - i don't use it as there is no severs with it or sometimes bl1 as1 as2 ones...but that's boring...

I disagree with as1 being boring track for MRT. There are less weird bumps that send you spinning like in SO tracks. On some corners you can really gain time with some guts, i.e. flat-outting cork screw or not braking to turn before.
Well maybe but i still i don't like it and find it boring(same as as national with gtr all the time)...i wish i could join fe black track with pack of mrt that sure was fun back in s1...btw i was faster on mrt with keyboard ( in s1 times) than some guyswith wheels....training makes perfect..as i have dfp i don't need to do it again :}
I was thinking the other day an autocross league would be a nice change of pace. Maybe run the MRT, UF1 and LX4, lots of cones, lots of oversteer, could be a laugh.

There aren't too many circuits which suit the MRT, I think that's why it doesn't get raced much. I like to drive it when I see a server running it though.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Maybe run the MRT... and LX4...

This is a bit offtopic but... actually the MRT and LX4 are pretty equal on some tracks. For example at SO Sprint 1 and BL GP the WR´s are only a few tenths different. We used the LX4 vs MRT combo on one of the [noobs] servers once. It worked out really well. The LX4 was way faster on the straight and the MRT ruled the corners but the lap times were pretty much the same. Because of this there was plenty of overtaking.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :I think we should just kill the MRT and make way for the RB4 GTR, RAC GTR and LX8 GTR

LX8 GTR?
We havent got LX8, so why do you think we could have a GTR?
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :in my opinion I think we should just kill the MRT and make way for the RB4 GTR, RAC GTR and LX8 GTR

As much as I'd like a LX8 GTR, I wouldn't kill the MRT for it. I would agree on replacing the MRT with the wob-racing WR03 though
I don't understand why people raced the MRT in the first place...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG