The online racing simulator
#1 - Dru
UF1000 May-hem Cup Scoring System
UF1000 Owners Clubs Scoring System
version 1.1
03/05/2007

1 Scoring system

Classified Finishers are entitled to the following Championship points at each Sprint/Feature Round.

To be classified a racer needs to finish within 80% of the distance driven by the winner of the race. This 80% distance is listed for all races on the Race & Dates page

Feature Race Points Rounds 1-4

Points/Finishing Position

Feature Race
1st - 70 points
2nd - 64
3rd - 58
4th - 52
5th - 46
---------
6th - 40
7th - 36
8th - 32
9th - 28
10th- 24
---------
11th - 20
12th- 18
13th - 16
14th - 14
15th - 12
16th - 10
17th - 8
18th - 6
19th - 4
20th - 2

Fastest Lap +5 pts

Feature Race Qualification

Grid Position Points Scored
Pole + 5pts
2nd + 3 pts
3rd + 1 pt

Sprint Race Points Rounds 1-4

Sprint Race:
1st - 35 points
2nd - 32
3rd - 29
4th - 26
5th - 23
---------
6th - 20
7th - 18
8th - 16
9th - 14
10th- 12
---------
11th - 10
12th- 9
13th - 8
14th - 7
15th - 6
16th - 5
17th - 4
18th - 3
19th - 2
20th - 1

Fastest Lap + 5pts

Endurance Race Points Round 5 only

Endurance Race:
1st - 140 points
2nd - 128
3rd - 116
4th - 104
5th - 92
---------
6th - 80
7th - 72
8th - 64
9th - 56
10th- 48
---------
11th - 40
12th- 36
13th - 32
14th - 28
15th - 24
16th - 20
17th - 16
18th - 12
19th - 8
20th - 4

Fastest Lap +10pts

Endurance Race Qualification

Grid Position Points Scored
Pole +10pts
2nd +6pts
3rd +3pts
why 10/6/3 pts for endurance qualification? qualify time is same and no more performance is done there?

for races:
the 2nd gets 1 point less than 1st place? not a good idea and motivation i think.
i would restrict 1/2/3 places more cleary to f.e.
30/27/23/20/18/16/14/12/11/10 down to 0 for 20 racers. (last place = 0 pts) or put the 13 pts in then last place = 1 pt.

the 10 pts twice for fastest lap in 60mins endurance race is legitimate...

all together with 2 divisions there's maybe some more work to do
so far my idea for the scoring system

regards
marquisor (DrFred)
#3 - Dru
Ah there is a typo here, the eudurance round should be scoring double points on everything, not just qualifying, hence the winner of that round will get 120 points and so on down..

will comeback to you regarding the phased scoring, i want everyone who is classified at the finish to score points, even if it is just a single one
#4 - Dru
Updated Points System
Only 2 points separating 1st and 3rd? Interesting choice.

No motivation to push for a win then imo
#6 - Dru
you say that now - but it means that EVERY point scored and earned is important, in both the feature races and the sprint races

trust me - if you are only a couple of points behind in the championship, you can not afford to let the guy in front get more points than you ...
No motivation for the win??

Theres 1 point for every placing, whats the motivation for 10th when your in 11th? What it will do is keep everything very very tight, although im quite suprised by the huge (in comparison) gain given to 1 person for fastest lap in the standard races, it kinda conflicts with the tight scoring for finishing and means if your in say 4th you have more to gain by pushing for fastest lap then you do for 1st. Likewise with the top 3 in Qualifying.
Quote from PaulC2K :No motivation for the win??

If your in say 4th you have more to gain by pushing for fastest lap then you do for 1st. Likewise with the top 3 in Qualifying.

That's kind of what i was getting at.
.but no worries anyhow..you can guarantee that it's going to go to the wire so it should be interesting

..and i wont be anywhere near the win anyway, so it wont affect me
#9 - Dru
Actually the whole points system is kinda screwed at the moment....

its the one thing that has suffered becuase of the 'workload' sorting out the division racing etc etc...

We have suggested a more 'nascar' feel of points scoring, yet its not ready to post.

Let us say that the points system will be reviewed and will ensure that

1. People will be rewarded with higher finishes
2. The Points system will reflect more for winning the feature races than the sprints (so people HAVE to race quickly in race 1)
3.Fastest laps and pole times will count for a 'little' additional bonus.
4. The Enduro round will still be double the available points that are scored in the earlier rounds, this is to encourage fighting right down to the final round.

I would like to see a points system that then DOES give the possability for someone to win the series who may not have won all the races but has some consistancy and good fun driving

Anyhow, enough of your moans ....we will sort the points scoring out before the start of the championship proper.

Perhaps we will review potential scoring systems tonight based on actually how it pans out having a feature race then a sprint race etc etc.

Regards,

Dru.
Ok, I've made a new points system and it goes like this:
1 to 5 have a 3 point difference between them
6 to 10 have a 2 point difference
11 to 20 have a 1 point difference

20th starts with 1 point, and winner gets 35 points (ill make a table when i have more time).

This is the point system for the sprint races, just double the point amounts if you want to know the race points (70 for winner, 64 for runner up), and quadruple it to get the enduro points system (140 for winnner, 128 for runner up).

Who is ok with this?
#11 - Dru

me ok - but i'm only the organiser - so my vote don't count (plus i'm in favour of not having to comeup with an additional suggestion)

Quote from mikey_G :Who is ok with this?

No..i think it's shit.

Only kidding...sounds good to me.

I certainly didn't want to sound like i was moaning....It's my posting style that needs working on obviously

Your doing a great job there folks... Looking forward to tonight's event.
#13 - Dru
Quote from The Moose :No..i think it's shit.

Only kidding...sounds good to me.

I certainly didn't want to sound like i was moaning....It's my posting style that needs working on obviously

Your doing a great job there folks... Looking forward to tonight's event.

no worries there mate

catch you tomight on the track (well actually i won't cause as we are running 2 divisions i've had to drop to div 2 to be in a team so we can marshall as well, therefore we had to promote a team to Div 1 to take my place... oh that would be you Moose

Dru
Quote from Dru : therefore we had to promote a team to Div 1 to take my place... oh that would be you Moose

I didn't want to say anything in case it was a mistake
i'd also like to clarify my previous comments incase there was misunderstanding as to whether or not i was moaning.
Incase it wasnt clear, i was moaning, im always moaning, cos im a moaning old sod!
hope that clarifies the matter so theres no confusions

Yeah, points sounds fine, and i think triple points for the Enduro sounds right, and very similar to what i believe the V8 Supercar series does (possibly others too?) where every round has the same maximum points available to it, but it may be split between 1 long race, 2 medium or 3 shorter races, eitherway the maximum points scored would be about 360.

Im sure whatever the point system is its going to be close throughout the season, the only thing i found odd before was the awarding of a large number of points for fastest lap, it seemed to promote pushing for fastest lap a lot more than it did for keeping the series close, but with the comments made by Dru i sense that isnt going to be such a big bonus once fine tuned.
#16 - Dru
Quote from PaulC2K :i'd also like to clarify my previous comments incase there was misunderstanding as to whether or not i was moaning.
Incase it wasnt clear, i was moaning, im always moaning, cos im a moaning old sod!
hope that clarifies the matter so theres no confusions

Yeah, points sounds fine, and i think triple points for the Enduro sounds right, and very similar to what i believe the V8 Supercar series does (possibly others too?) where every round has the same maximum points available to it, but it may be split between 1 long race, 2 medium or 3 shorter races, eitherway the maximum points scored would be about 360.

Im sure whatever the point system is its going to be close throughout the season, the only thing i found odd before was the awarding of a large number of points for fastest lap, it seemed to promote pushing for fastest lap a lot more than it did for keeping the series close, but with the comments made by Dru i sense that isnt going to be such a big bonus once fine tuned.

Guys relax - the 'moaning' i've put about is light hearted

so don't worry dudes

we'll sort something out to tweak it and be happy
Proposed point system:

Sprint Race:
1st - 35 points
2nd - 32
3rd - 29
4th - 26
5th - 23
---------
6th - 20
7th - 18
8th - 16
9th - 14
10th- 12
---------
11th - 10
12th- 9
13th - 8
14th - 7
15th - 6
16th - 5
17th - 4
18th - 3
19th - 2
20th - 1

Main Race:
1st - 70 points
2nd - 64
3rd - 58
4th - 52
5th - 46
---------
6th - 40
7th - 36
8th - 32
9th - 28
10th- 24
---------
11th - 20
12th- 18
13th - 16
14th - 14
15th - 12
16th - 10
17th - 8
18th - 6
19th - 4
20th - 2

Endurance Race:
1st - 140 points
2nd - 128
3rd - 116
4th - 104
5th - 92
---------
6th - 80
7th - 72
8th - 64
9th - 56
10th- 48
---------
11th - 40
12th- 36
13th - 32
14th - 28
15th - 24
16th - 20
17th - 16
18th - 12
19th - 8
20th - 4
That point system has been adopted as the official point system seeing as no one whined about it
What are the rules regarding crashing out, driving with damage, re-setting & not finishing?

For example say I get disco'ed on the final lap of a race. Will I score any points at all?
I only ask as I have had disconnection issues in previous leagues & it is really disheartening to have driven a good race & then score a big fat zero. Especialy when disconnection's are beyond the end users control. (apart from dodgy wireless networks) I am permanently hardwired for piece of mind .

Is it possible to have %points finish so you score a fraction of points that would have been awarded if you'd actualy finished, based on the laps completed.
e.g.
DSC with 90% race completed 75% of finish points awarded.
DSC with 80% race completed 65% of finish points awarded.
#20 - Dru
Quote from anttt69 :What are the rules regarding crashing out, driving with damage, re-setting & not finishing?

For example say I get disco'ed on the final lap of a race. Will I score any points at all?
I only ask as I have had disconnection issues in previous leagues & it is really disheartening to have driven a good race & then score a big fat zero. Especialy when disconnection's are beyond the end users control. (apart from dodgy wireless networks) I am permanently hardwired for piece of mind .

Is it possible to have %points finish so you score a fraction of points that would have been awarded if you'd actualy finished, based on the laps completed.
e.g.
DSC with 90% race completed 75% of finish points awarded.
DSC with 80% race completed 65% of finish points awarded.

From the first section.

To be classified a racer needs to finish within 80% of the distance driven by the winner of the race. This 80% distance is listed for all races on the Race & Dates page.

Let us make this clear that you must 'COMPLETE' 80% distance to be classified.

Let us also say at this stage we are undecided if you have to be running at that point, ie if you disconnected.

We have to discuss this section.

we will see in our replay that you did 80% distance and can place you accordingly IF we decide that that is ok.... not sure, have to discuss with other marshalls.

Reseting the car with space is acceptable if you find yourself on your roof/side, just make sure you wait until the track is clear to do this

Regarding damage, we have stated that as long as you can drive safe with a damaged car and not be involved in any crashes you can carry on lapping as long as you do not exceed the recommended time (60sec for SO3R and 80secs SO2) for more than 1 lap.

If you are involved in any incidences for example we can check after race. If during the same replay we see that your lap times were in excess of the times allowed, then you may find yourself docked points or excluding.

We do not want 16 unsafe banger cars crawling around the track, people have to be sensible, if they are not then, and they are in breach of the rules we have said then they are open to rulings by the marshalls.

Also, please remember that if you retire from the race you can only go to spectate mode, you can not get a new car and rejoin the race.

I hope this clears things up,

Regards,

Dru.

Also, please bear in mind that this opening round is a special case as there is no pits or acceptable run off per say.

I do wanna say that there is no maximum lap time because we simply can't come up with a number and enforce that. For example if someone spins off he will exceed the maximum time, so this is why there won't be one.
But, if you can barely drive your car because it's so wrecked, you will receive a black flag + orange ball and be disqualified.

AND, remember if you are wrecked, and you fail to comply with the 80% rule, you won't be classified. So please use your brain and decide what to do if you drive a wrecked car.

Regarding lagging out on the last lap, it sucks, i know. But we shouldn't reward people who don't take care of their connections or forget to turn of their anti virus.
Imo people should only be classified if they cross over the finish line after the leader did within 80% of the race distance.
#22 - Dru
Quote from mikey_G :I do wanna say that there is no maximum lap time because we simply can't come up with a number and enforce that. For example if someone spins off he will exceed the maximum time, so this is why there won't be one.
But, if you can barely drive your car because it's so wrecked, you will receive a black flag + orange ball and be disqualified.

AND, remember if you are wrecked, and you fail to comply with the 80% rule, you won't be classified. So please use your brain and decide what to do if you drive a wrecked car.

Regarding lagging out on the last lap, it sucks, i know. But we shouldn't reward people who don't take care of their connections or forget to turn of their anti virus.
Imo people should only be classified if they cross over the finish line after the leader did within 80% of the race distance.

maximum lap times, the post on the other thread did say if they were consistantly (or MORE THAN ONE lap) doing these times with damaged cars (so that if someone has a spin or off) it is not a problem..

anyway - i'm not debating things in public regarding rules - we will speak off forum about this and give a clear rule and message - not one admin saying one thing and another saying something else. . . . as thats REALLY confusing for people

so Mike, we'll discuss as stated later on mate

Regards,

Dru.
Quote from mikey_G :

How do you mean take care of your connection?
If I drop from the server its either my ISP or the server thats caused it to happen. Surely this is beyond my control & does not deserve punishment?
#24 - Dru
Quote from anttt69 :How do you mean take care of your connection?
If I drop from the server its either my ISP or the server thats caused it to happen. Surely this is beyond my control & does not deserve punishment?

I think that this may be a little 'lost in translation' or 'not communicated effectively'

however, we have said we will talk about this later and then come back with a policy.

We have to take in to consideration all aspects, for instance, in last weeks eventt my steering wheel failed. should i have just parked on the grass and took time to reset it, the profiler out of game then calibrate in game and then start racing again?? no i had a problem so as soon as it occured i pressed escape and went to racing..... yes it sucks, but these kind of things happen.

Other events like the STCC races have drop outs due to connection and they are classed as 'retirements', i think most series act like this - infact the only one that does not which i can think of is the MoE where it is a 4 hour plus race and any disconnections just lose 1 lap, but this is a special and i beleive individual case

Like i said, we will rule on it and post later ,

Regards,

Dru.
Quote from anttt69 :How do you mean take care of your connection?

Sure, ISP's sometimes **** up. But you can do things before the race to minimize the risk. You can replug all your connectors, reboot the router/switch modem/pc, get new ip by dhcp so you have a fresh lease, or any other thing you think might work.
The thing is, anyone can say it's their ISP while their anti virus kicks in, so there is no way to check what the failure was, and teh fact that LFS only runs on windows multiplies the number of reasons by 100.
I compare a lag out to an engine failure in real life. So if you want your "engine" to last longer, you have to make it last longer.

Btw, to give you an example on how you can cause your own lag out.
I've ran a linksys wrt54g with default firmware which doesn't really cope well with bittorrent. Every time I downloaded it kept hundreds of connections alive which caused the router to bog down. If a router cpu bogs down, it will route packets slower causing lag and ultimately a connection failure.
To remedy this I've put linux on it and put the tcp connection timeout to a low figure, so I never had the problem anymore (not running linksys crap helps a lot).
So as you see, lag is not always an ISP problem, but sometimes it's even your own problem.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG