The online racing simulator
Setup Option in Training
(11 posts, started )
Setup Option in Training
Hi all.
I had a go at training on lfs earlier today. I got upto the the LX4 lessons. Now with almost ALL cars, i drive with RACE_S setup, and when i started to drive the LX4, it felt like it was using [hard track] and i just found it so hard to drive with. it was too oversteery for most of the LX4 lessons. It was the same with the FXO lessons, the set was again [hard track] and it was waaaay too undertseery. SO here's my suggestion. I think that everytime before you start a lesson, it should take you into the setup options and lets you pick a standard setup (RACE_S, [hard track], rallyX) but, it does NOT let you edit it and it would NOT let you pick a custom setup, you just get an option of what setup you think would be better for that lesson.

Anyway, i hope you all like my suggestion, give me some feedback

Frenchy
Well, Race_S and Race_1 are both considered custom setups by the game, so that wouldn't quite work

Personally, I like the sessions to have a defined setup. It forces you to change your style to the car, not change the car to your style. That is how you should learn to drive a car imho. Plus, the times for the lessons are based on that defined setup. If someone could use a different setup, they could, potentially, have a much much easier task of beating the time.
While all very true, the default sets are a bit pants.
I nearly exclusively use the Race_1 or Race_S sets :P hehe
Quote from MAGGOT :Well, Race_S and Race_1 are both considered custom setups by the game, so that wouldn't quite work

Ah yes, i never thought of that, but i realise what you mean, as it lets you edit these setups without having to make another one, but thanks for pointing this out
Quote from MAGGOT :Personally, I like the sessions to have a defined setup. It forces you to change your style to the car, not change the car to your style.

That's a good point in terms of the training lessons. The default sets might be a bit of a nightmare, but they do a good job of emphasising the character of each of the cars.
TRY (no warranties) making a setup that you want and renaming it [normal] or [hard track].
Quote from thisnameistaken :That's a good point in terms of the training lessons. The default sets might be a bit of a nightmare, but they do a good job of emphasising the character of each of the cars.

For mouse users, the default sets make the cars practically undriveable. (At least, all of the higher-powerd cars.)
Quote from wsinda :For mouse users, the default sets make the cars practically undriveable. (At least, all of the higher-powerd cars.)

I would imagine it's quite realistic that a high-powered car would be practically undriveable using a mouse.
The default sets are supposed to be designed so that any car can be sensibly driven with any controller type.

They fail.
Quote from Bob Smith :The default sets are supposed to be designed so that any car can be sensibly driven with any controller type.

They fail.

Very true. No one in their right mind would ever setup cars the way they're set in those dreadful "hardtrack" setups in real life. Last time I tried the hard track setup of the XR GTT it understeered like a pig on entry and doesn't lend well to powering out of corners too well, no matter how skilled you are, since the silly thing would simply cook the inner rear tires. This compared to my own personal setups, though frankly isn't too fair a comparison.

If they were setups OEMs would realistically use for a road car that would still show the basic nature of each drivetrain well, then great. Same for the race only cars, except the OEM part.

Setup Option in Training
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG