The online racing simulator
More Tracks?
(40 posts, started )
More Tracks?
Just wondering if there is any scope for user created tracks ala the GPL community? A Bathurst or Nurburgring would be simply awesome.

Side note - I got the S2 demo the other day (and blew the dust off my PC wheel). To say I'm impressed would be an understatement. Congratulations to all involved.
hehe, if you want more tracks then get a S2 license! Hundreds more to enjoy, and if you think the demo cars are nice, wait till you drive the S2 ones!!

I don't think the demo will be given anymore tracks. So S1 or S2 license is the best option if you want more. Also, a Bathurst or Nurb would be brillant in LFS - the two tracks I also want in it. I believe, although not confirmed , that once S3 has been completed (many moons from now) track and car editors will be released.. so, until that day, Bathurst will have to wait.
Nuff tracks for now, and plenty to keep you busy. Also fun to use the Autocross Editor and make your own cone courses on the parking lots or even the race track

Eric does a fine job on all of these tracks, it looks like a lot of hard work and attention to detail goes into these layouts. He said in an interview once that he has a lot of unused and scraped designs... and I'll bet those were cool too, but whatever he comes up with everyone likes .

Try S2, the Blackwood track is a 1 config layout with a rally course. All the other tracks are loaded with special directions and areas to race, really hits the spot.
#4 - avih
I think that's planned for post-S2 stange. The full S2 got 49 diferent track combinations IIRC (in about 7 different tracks). Oh, and BTW, go get full S2, it's worth WAY more than what u pay for it... real bargain

welcome
Quote from avih : Oh, and BTW, go get full S2, it's worth WAY more than what u pay for it... real bargain

welcome

Talked me into it. S2 it is. Now I just need to pry the credit card from the missus' grasp.
#6 - avih
Quote from farcar :Talked me into it. S2 it is. Now I just need to pry the credit card from the missus' grasp.

At last, My [open wheeler] seat in heaven is secured
I'm really hoping that after S3 dies down, the tools will be released for people to start creating their own tracks. I did one for GPL, it took me about 4 months, recreating a loop round my home streets, quite a challenge.

But I would love to start seeing famous tracks being made by enthusiasts, or converted from some of the EA F1 tracks. :up:
Nurby would be awesome fun.
Scawen had mentioned that an editor or exporter\importer could be in LFS's future. so imho its only a matter of time.
Youd be lucky of your tyres last one lap of the 'ring
Oh wow. The day The Ring is released for LFS is the day my life is complete.

Pretty sad yeah.
I find the tracks in lfs boring, they are full of pointless medium to fast turns, there's very little techincal sections, the only track I really enjoy is the street track, even though it shows the poor low speed of lfs's unfinished physics, the rest make me yawn.

would be great to have some decent real courses.
/me slaps Richard, pointlessly, at a medium-fast pace
Quote from Bob Smith :/me slaps Richard, pointlessly, at a medium-fast pace

ouch! reason I drive sims is for enjoyment, and I enjoy the more techincal tracks in sims, and this is something that LFS lacks, also I dislike it at low speed, because there is a lack of mechincal side in the physics, and it just feels plain wrong at times, its hard to say where it is wrong, maybe tire model, maybe the way the car weight works, or the setups are just turd.
Have you tried the reverse configs? The tracks get a lot more technical then. I wouldn't bash the LFS tracks though, they are awesome, though of course you are entitled to your oppinion (and I'm entitled to bash it (or your head) ).
Quote from RichardTowler :ouch! reason I drive sims is for enjoyment, and I enjoy the more techincal tracks in sims, and this is something that LFS lacks, also I dislike it at low speed, because there is a lack of mechincal side in the physics, and it just feels plain wrong at times, its hard to say where it is wrong, maybe tire model, maybe the way the car weight works, or the setups are just turd.

So we won't be seeing you on a server any time soon then? Shame.
What exactly defines a 'technical section' in a track, its something I've never really quite grasped. I always thought it meant lots of curved braking zones and multiple, undefined apexes, which LFS has absolutely heaps of.

Could you elaborate Mr Towler?
I find the tracks VERY technical, all of them, if you dont find they are, its because your not going fast enough to find the challenge in them.
Techincal Tracks =

Suzuka
Spa
Magny

(just so happends these tracks where done for GTP)

just to give examples, LFS has some good sections, like the city long reverse, from the down hill part, that is lots of fun to drive, and Aston has a couple of good corners, but the rest, imo, do not thrill me, they just don't feel like tracks I enjoy driving in other sims, its like driving in empty space, I go through some of the corners and feel, what was that? oh that was meant to be a corner.

the tracks I don't mind, blackwood/city/fernbay, aston isn't too bad on the smaller config, but the larger one and the other two are very boring, the corners are just too open, imo.

but the tracks are not the only problem for me, the handling and atmosphere is lacking, driving isn't thrilling..., there's no excitement on the 'limit' is probally the best way to desribe it.
so what on the mentioned tracks is technical? pls explain.

or do you define technical as "a track i like very much".

i really don't see the difference of the 3 tracks you mentioned to some tracks in lfs (club and streets tracks are obviously different).
no, its i like the techincal tracks, not techincal tracks are what I like, its hard to explain, but from my view it means the track is challenging, from a drivers point of view, the way you have to setup the car, to take the corner, and more importantly a combination of corners.
I'm guessing you tend not to like the 'corner-straight-corner-straight-s bend-straight' aspect of tracks Richard, but you prefer the twistier stuff followed by a nice straight?
i think most of the tracks in lfs ARE challenging. there are a lot of difficult combinations on the lfs tracks. i still don't see where those 3 mentioned tracks are more "technical" than lfs tracks.

most of the parts of these tracks have similar counterparts in lfs.
Are you only driving the slower cars or something? How anyone can claim that aston historic in an F08 or GTR is not technical or challenging is beyond me.
Some would even say oval racing is highly technical. Not meaning the actual track, but racing strategies.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the existing tracks. With the different configurations, there's a nice variety available.

If track creation tools are ever made, I'm sure we'd see the excellent Phillip Island track in Victora, Australia. It has strings of high speed sweeping corners where, if you stuff up the first bend, you're not gonna recover until about 3 corners later! I'd guess this style of track comes under the RichardTowler view of 'technical'??
#25 - Nard
I definately think Aston historic has very technical sections, but you have to be using a very fast car to actually see it. After T1 and the slight easy left T2, going into the dip and entering in the looong chicane and going out again in a shorter chicane is a thrill everytime I go through. You need to have your braking points and entry speeds on the ball, plus it's an uphill blind turn where you steer from memory. Then on the back section, there's a couple downhill corners that take a lot of concentration.

More Tracks?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG