The online racing simulator
[asymmetric adjustment of] independant suspensions
hello there.

i was wondering if live for speed will ever have independant supensions so you can change the settings of just one of the 4 suspensions?

because in real nascar, they put strain on the front left wheel and rear right wheel.
but due to suspenisons not being independant all the weight goes over to the front right suspension instead and the insides have no grip at all.

in the next patch do you think it would be a good idea to add this suspension idea?

it would open up alot more fun for oval racing and racing in general for people who spend hours and hours tweaking the setup to the limit.

thank you

(edit i mean assymetric suspension as some one has pointed out )
Doable I think.
What you are asking for is not independant suspension - all cars in LFS have that. You want assymetric adjustment of the suspension, which could be useful but I'm not sure by how much.
-
(Turbo Dad) DELETED by Turbo Dad
Quote from Turbo Dad :ignore

now that's a long post with a lot of explanations of why you think so....

IMHO: why not...it wouldnt aid me in any way, but it sure would to those FM team blokes....
thanks for the posative agreements with me

it would be verry good for all oval racing, as i am a huge fan of nascar i would love this.

thanks for pointing out that i meant assymetric suspensions, i couldnt think of the word heh

thanks
squidhead - I suspect that Turbo Dad was typing something similar to me, then saw my post, and edited his away. What Turbo Dad should have done, to prevent misinterpretation like this (assuming my guess is right here), is delete his post.

Jimmy - thread title corrected.
Seems like a good idea.
#9 - wark
Why ever not? It's been proven that it could be useful. The imaginary LFS mechanics can already do just about everything else...

Only con is it'll give everyone OCD when it comes to making their cars true & level with the driver in.
heh, thanks for the positive feedback guys
Great idea! Im sure this would help alot of people that are fans of oval, and i suspose in one way or another, it could be used on the normal tracks, BL and Aston for example.

frenchy
i suggested this a while back, in favour of oval users
+1 it would just be a nice addon to a fully customizable setup.
Quote from djgizmo68 :i suggested this a while back, in favour of oval users

my old nickname used to be gizmo + i used to DJ back then aswell lol.!

heh. my nickname is Ice now

(dont ask about the jimmy_lemon thing)
#15 - wark
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Great idea! Im sure this would help alot of people that are fans of oval, and i suspose in one way or another, it could be used on the normal tracks, BL and Aston for example.

frenchy

Yes, the most pivotal corners on BL are the left-handers onto the straights.
yes this is what i said back.. whenever

finally we got half.. asymetrical setups (if that makes sense lol!)

i also suggested wedge important for those oval runners
IRL, to setup a car optimally, you need to measure the weights of each individual corner and end up with assymetric spring and damper rates. Given that we mostly race with the driver alone, the ideal setups should be made with the driver weight and effects on weight distribution accounted for.

Besides,the only way to setup a car optimally for an oval is assymetrically. We could already setup tires for each individual corner, so logically the springs/dampers should be seperatley adjustable too.
yup exactly

iv done short of 2000 laps on ky oval i think online in xrt, thats within 1 and a half weeks.

and iv tuned the setup to the maximum for the corners.

but assymetric suspensions would make it alot more fun and better for the ones like me who spend hours making the best
+1, although I kind of dread it because I am still crap at sorting out all the existing setup options.
well, about a week ago all i knew was that if you stiffened the rear suspension you will drift more lol.

do 1500 laps on oval, and you will get the hang of it

i was drifting nearly every corner of it at first untill i tweaked my set over and over again. and now iv become such a expert at it, getting the world record and that, that i think there isnt half enough setup options than it should have lol.

with that said, lfs for the win, best game every time.

id rather have lfs than 50 other of the top racing sims
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :do 1500 laps on oval, and you will get the hang of it

I would if it were not for the fear of slipping into a coma.
aw heh,

btw i just broke the world record again, which was allready mine.

i got a 48.18 lap, just submited it. (xrt)
im the first person to get below 48.23 (which is thunder-ice 's time)
and first person to beat my old time of 48.20
wooo im so pleased.

btw do you think lfs should allso higher the anti rollbar slider so it can go higher.

cause even with full anti rollbar the car rolls alot on oval :S
Quote from wark :Yes, the most pivotal corners on BL are the left-handers onto the straights.

thats where i was thinking of too.

I just cant get this idea out of my head!! I REALLY want to see this introduced as i reckon that once people get the hang of setting up assymetric suspension, i really think it will benefit them!

frenchy
exactly my point. i cant stop thinking about it ether.

i wonder when the new patch will be out then? i hope they releise a new one soon
Nathan - there is an "edit post" facility here.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG