The online racing simulator
S2 license problem
(38 posts, started )
S2 license problem
hey i recently formatted because my main hdd fried so yeh didnt lose lfs or anything like that. get into windows set everything up, open lfs unlock it as usual all is good. next time i open lfs i had to unlock it again..used my 2 keys, now the day after (today) it wants me to unlock s2 again what is going on?
For some reason this sometimes happens - often it appears hibernation is part of the cause.
What usally fixes the problem somehow is to reboot your computer, unlock LFS and immediately do a reboot afterwards. Then LFS is probably still unlocked.
You've got an additional unlock to try again.
cheers will give it a shot
We have recently discovered that some people with an AMD Athlon 64 have some problems with unlocking, and it's random, sometimes LFS starts up and it is locked again, sometimes it remembers it is unlocked, but then it's random whether it can load a car or not. This is only happening with some models of AMD Athlon 64 and we know the reason why and that will be fixed in a compatible V2 test patch along with a few other small fixes.

And by the way, just in case anyone was going to ask, there won't be anything very exciting in V2 and I don't know when it will be released, and I don't know if it will be on the automatic updating system or not.
So we wont be able to ask the traditional questions after you post something about the new test patch?
Well, to avoid confusion and to prevent the need to ask questions, I'll just paste you the list of changes here. I'll probably do another couple of compatible things as well but I must point out now, that I am very busy and absolutely will not be taking requests for the test patch, so please don't ask. I will also unsubscribe from this thread right now just in case.

Small list of a few compatible changes done for a minor update :

Higher resolution image in mirrors
Another small reduction in pit-out glitch
Setups can be sorted by name as well as date
CTRL+S saves a screen shot to the shots folder
Same distortion regardless of the volume setting
No need to type edit_eng before using sound editor
New PACK button in sound editor to load a sound pack
Master port is now selectable in cfg.txt (29339 or 8080)

FIX : Unlocking issue with AMD Athlon 64
FIX : Unlocking should now work on Cedega
FIX : Small renaming bug when saving replays
Quote from Scawen :

Thats a nice little list. Looking forward to it
I've just spent the last 2 hours successfully trying to re-unlock my S2 licence after a re-install.

SOmeone uninstalled LFS from my pc, when i first downloaded it about 6 months ago I saved it to disc, and reinstalled it from that, then went on to the LFS home page and downloaded the newer version.

I KNOW I have the user name and password correct, as per the my account details on the lfs home-page which I can access.

AAAGGHHH

Any clues?

Would it make a difference if i uninstalled it all completely and downloaded the whole thing from the net from scratch?
#9 - joen
Quote from Gougoodthing :
I KNOW I have the user name and password correct, as per the my account details on the lfs home-page which I can access.

Remember though that the password you use to access your details on liveforspeed.net is your web password, and not your game password, so I assume you're trying to use your webpassword to unlock lfs.

@Scawen: nice to read what's coming up, some handy features there
Mmmm, nice

SO SCAWEN PLEASE IMPLEMENT BETTER PHYSICS AND AERO MODEL AND DAMAGE AND AI AND FIX THE COLLISION BUGS AND ADD WEATHER AND NIGHT RACING AND SOME CARS AND SOME TRACKS AND NÜRBURGRING AND BIKES AND POINT TO POINT RACES AND OPEN CITY ROADS AND RELEASE S3 ALREADY PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE [/Requests]
Quote from joen :Remember though that the password you use to access your details on liveforspeed.net is your web password, and not your game password, so I assume you're trying to use your webpassword to unlock lfs.

Yep. well aware. (and I have the same password for both anyway)

Even went on the net and changed the passwords to something else, and tried logging in with that.
mmm, a clue..

tried to run it in demo mode, and it still wont connect me to the master server...
You said you copied an unlocked version from a disc? That may be the issue; delete it and start from scratch. After it is unlocked, copy over your skins, setups, colour settings, views, sounds, textures, etc. But don't dump the whole LFS folder onto the new one as it will overright a file and you will have the same problem. Pick and choose your folders to copy (DDS, PIC, ENG, SKINS, SKINS_X, etc)

That's what I had to do when I had the problem when I tried to copy LFS from my laptop onto my desktop.
Quote from Gougoodthing :mmm, a clue..

tried to run it in demo mode, and it still wont connect me to the master server...

Sounds like you are using an old version. You wil need version V to connect to the new master server.
Quote from Scawen :

Scwheet! I can't wait.
#16 - Jakg
Quote from Scawen :Higher resolution image in mirrors

yay x4, exactly what the doctor ordered

Scawen, if you ever need a pint...
then you'll have to buy one yourself because i'm too young to buy alcohol!
Yay, finally high resolution mirrors. Nice one Scawen.
Quote from Scawen :

That's pretty sweet, man!
Thanks
Scawen highjacked this thread

Nice updates anyway
Quote from Scawen :Well, to avoid confusion and to prevent the need to ask questions, I'll just paste you the list of changes here. I'll probably do another couple of compatible things as well but I must point out now, that I am very busy and absolutely will not be taking requests for the test patch, so please don't ask. I will also unsubscribe from this thread right now just in case.

There are some FANTASTIC, HIGHLY ANTICIPATED features here

THANK YOU
Quote from Bob Smith :Yay, finally high resolution mirrors. Nice one Scawen.

No Bob... Just higher resolution :-P

Nice new features...
Very nice new features listed here, can't wait.
I love this type of development. Instead of Scawen releasing a compatible patch and disabling the engine sound tweaker, he makes it clear that it is not supported, but makes it easier for us to use by taking out the edit_eng part of the process.

Top work Scawen :up: .
#24 - Davo
Now you've done it Scawen, highly anticpiating the next test patch. hmm higher res mirrors and setup sorting
nice post count davo, and scawen damn thread highjackers

Davo
S2 licensed

S2 license problem
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG