The online racing simulator
Car Suggestions
(50 posts, started )
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :
Alright, so i already read through the Sticky.

The Trucks and Dune Buggys, i was gunna sugest. Those would be REALLY fun with the offroad and mudboging tracks.

There is FF, FR, and AWD cars currently avaliable. What would be pretty cool, would be to mabey have a few MR and RR cars avaliable. Just a suggestion

Well, the FZ50 is a RR, the RAC is an MR. Though the RAC is the only car I know that can over, under and no steer all at once in a corner.

Baja buggys and whatnot would be cool, but being that developers are from Europe / Britian, their automotive culture is more "geared" toward rallycross.
How can you come up with that when every information you can get, either on the site or in game states it is MR?
Quote from LFSn00b :I think RA is RR.

Funny, the engine doesn't look behind the rear axle.
The RA is MR, Whatta n00b.
This post started out as improvement suggestions on adding different car types, and went theough an interesting discussion about many other things, then settled on yet another post about what cars people think mostly resemble the LFS garage selection in real life.
The forum already has many, many posts of this nature contributed thousands of time by a large slice of the community.
can we please stick tot he thread subject and not just fill the forum with duplicate threads already well aired?
Sorry Al.. I took it OT.. but do get pretty pissed off regarding the points I made.. but I'll drop it.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :I can be a bastard sometimes, but I don't take the piss out of people with genuine difficulties, whatever they may be and you spelt it just fine

I certainly didn't mean 'illiterate' for the majority of your post, only the 'ny' and 'u' etc... I don't criticise people's spelling on forums.. christ, I make enough typos / grammatical errors myself when I type and I'm pretty good in the spelling / grammar department.. it's just that these days, it seems that kids don't get a proper education and it's all "u r t3h c00l".. and that really bugs me, the same as people using 'w/' for 'with' (I mean, htf did that come about!? ). It just shows a complete lack of education and laziness to me.

Anyway.. I definitely wasn't taking the piss and the spelling itself in your post I wasn't making a comment on, only the text I see associated with kids that have a mobile phone permanently stuck to their thumbs.

Apologies if I caused offence, but hope you understand I wasn't aiming my comments at your general spelling (just the "txt stuff") and obviously had no idea of the situation.

Regards,

Ian

thanks, i do beter in some spelling then others, i practice & learn but others i forget, nyway, i was saying that becos some one i think caled jakg was calling me a tosser becos of the way i spelt dyslexia.

p.s trying best spelling from now on, but i will use a txt lingo if its on words im not shore on.
I used to get quite anal over people's dodgy spelling in games, but I'm over it now. Because you get used to people not speaking English as their primary language, typos due to folk trying to type their comment as fast as possible, and the range of ages online, you can't say for definite whether someone doesn't know or has made a mistake.

So I wouldn't worry too mcuh about not being able to spell something
No probs dude.. it can't be easy coming forward and explaining like you have and I certainly can't say I understand how dyslexia works, only that some people have trouble with one thing, others with something else.

I could understand everything you said, so was no problem there. I guess kids of today have generally clouded my vision in general and sometimes, like here, incorrectly.

Carry on as you are dude.. your point gets through and I certainly won't mention it again and also not sure I'd have the balls to openly admit things as you just have either.. so fair play to you

FWIW, I spelt Caribbean wrong yesterday in a post and really didn't notice at the time I wrote it.. so I'm far from perfect myself

Regards,

Ian
Ian.H:- Then you werent right when you say my english is good, because seems you didnt get my point!
As we have complitely hijacked this thread i think it's better to continue our discussions via pm.
But basically i never said i am police (refferred to the example, that was an example it never happened to me!).
Sorry for off-topic again!
Ian im totally wiht you, ive seen the response the demo users get, and its really appauling.
The some Drift cars Like D1 GP time out of mind i said Drift Carz
Warning: Off-Topic ahead
Quote from Ian.H :I have an S2 crack lying around on some HDD here somewhere, does that make me some kind of outcast now? even though no-one here is aware why I downloaded it?

I had a simple reason to get the crack once - I had no way to connect my PC to the internet. But that's now solved, I have internet on this PC and I don't need it anymore. And I think it's for Q or some old version
And I really don't feel bad about using No-CD patches for games I bought - I legally bought the game, and I don't want to go changing CDs all the time, so I just get a No-CD patch. Does that make me a bad person?
Hmmm... Ian.... Ian... IAN!!!
Dude, you gotta valid point about how people go off on demo users. I don't think it's nearly as prevalent as your posts suggests, but it does happen enough to really get annoying. And probably discouraging to people who are curious about LFS.

I also think that posts that are "anti-demo user" won't help much in new sales when S-3 is finally released. It's gonna be a hard enough sell to new people as it is without having that negative type of crap posted every time a demo user has a question, a suggestion or even just wanting to say hello.

As far as the viligante attitude towards crack users not being our concern?
That's a yes & no answer there.
After, three years of dealing with the devs - through these forums and such, I kinda like them . If I knew of somebody ripping them off, yeah, I'd get kinda bent outta shape about it. Much the same way I'd be if someone tries to break in my neighbors' house or something.
But going off on some demo user as a software pirate or whatever just because they say something about the content that's not in the demo version is ridiculous (hard word to spell).

But you're right, some of this militant fan-boy attitude that's around really needs to go.

Uh... getting back on topic, I seen these race cars.... they are called 1/4 scale cars I think. Anyways thay are these little cars that look like old 1940's cars and they race them around short ovals.
Something like that would really be cool for the short tracks in LFS.
Are they anything like these scary little buggers, Racer?
http://www.aussieracingcars.com.au/

450kg bodies + 1.2L, 125hp, 11000+rpm engines (which is almost exactly 1/4 the weight and power of a V8 Supercar). They're utterly nuts! Seeing these things coming down the main straight at Mt Panorama 4-wide at 200+kph is a frightening thing :eek:

Here they are on the pit straight:

Another variant:

If you think a flock of MRTs is mad fun, these crazy toys would knock your socks off
ah yes, i see someone has discovered Legends Cars. check out 600racing.com for more info on them.

If people are really interested I'll help with getting a petition to them.
Quote from Hankstar :Are they anything like these scary little buggers, Racer?
http://www.aussieracingcars.com.au/

450kg bodies + 1.2L, 125hp, 11000+rpm engines (which is almost exactly 1/4 the weight and power of a V8 Supercar). They're utterly nuts! Seeing these things coming down the main straight at Mt Panorama 4-wide at 200+kph is a frightening thing :eek:

Here they are on the pit straight:

Another variant:

If you think a flock of MRTs is mad fun, these crazy toys would knock your socks off

Yeah, those

I had a 1941 ford when I was in high school... It was a basket case and I didn't have the $$$ to get it up & running and had to sell it.
and yeah, something similar to these cars would be wild on Ashton Cadet
If a noob with only 98 finishes can have an opinion: I'd like to see "prototype" cars (LM class from LeMans and ALMS).

(I'd also like to see a server which understood and could score a race where different classes of cars were racing at the same time.)
Quote from Racer Y :Hmmm... Ian.... Ian... IAN!!!
Dude, you gotta valid point about how people go off on demo users. I don't think it's nearly as prevalent as your posts suggests, but it does happen enough to really get annoying. And probably discouraging to people who are curious about LFS.

I also think that posts that are "anti-demo user" won't help much in new sales when S-3 is finally released. It's gonna be a hard enough sell to new people as it is without having that negative type of crap posted every time a demo user has a question, a suggestion or even just wanting to say hello.

It's just been taken to a complete new level of low by LFSn00b:

<http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=19760>

Subject: Umm... I thought Demo Racers couldn't use avatars?
Body: I didn't know that Demo Racers can use avatars..."

Quote :As far as the viligante attitude towards crack users not being our concern?
That's a yes & no answer there.
After, three years of dealing with the devs - through these forums and such, I kinda like them . If I knew of somebody ripping them off, yeah, I'd get kinda bent outta shape about it. Much the same way I'd be if someone tries to break in my neighbors' house or something.
But going off on some demo user as a software pirate or whatever just because they say something about the content that's not in the demo version is ridiculous (hard word to spell).

But you're right, some of this militant fan-boy attitude that's around really needs to go.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing at all against the devs and think they're a decent bunch myself. Have had some good discussions mainly with Vic in the past when I developed the PHP lib for displaying LFSW stats etc on team sites back in S1 days and have always praised them regarding support and the likes if it's come up in discussion elsewhere.. it's just the general grassing I don't like. I guess there's a fine line maybe especially when friends are involved but for me, normally I still don't grass, I tend to get involved (rightly or wrongly.. that's a different discussion) and try and resolve an issue. I've always been brought up that you deal with stuff yourself, you don't run off and tell the teacher or police.

Granted, not everyone works on these morals, but it's the way I've always worked. It cost me a broken nose at 18 and some other unwelcome attention throughout my life, but I also learnt to take the rough with the smooth... it's just one of those things you don't do IMO.

Quote :Uh... getting back on topic, I seen these race cars.... they are called 1/4 scale cars I think. Anyways thay are these little cars that look like old 1940's cars and they race them around short ovals.
Something like that would really be cool for the short tracks in LFS.

hah totally agree with this! I saw some pics of mini Aussie / NZ V8s by the looks of it, some are in the pic hankstar posted.. they look crazy and something I'd personally love to have a go in for real.. but as my pockets aren't quite deep enough, driving them in a sim would work too

Regards,

Ian
I'm a big fan of these pocket psycho cars and reckon people would love racing them in LFS. The good thing about them is that, despite their smallness, they wouldn't necessarily be restricted to shorter tracks. They can top 200kph so would be fun just about anywhere in LFS-land. Also, they're 150kg lighter than a UF1000 and have 75 more horsepower. Good numbers imho
Want me to write a letter to 600Racing to see if they are as keen as DP cars is?
Quote from Hankstar :I'm a big fan of these pocket psycho cars and reckon people would love racing them in LFS. The good thing about them is that, despite their smallness, they wouldn't necessarily be restricted to shorter tracks. They can top 200kph so would be fun just about anywhere in LFS-land. Also, they're 150kg lighter than a UF1000 and have 75 more horsepower. Good numbers imho

Definitely sounds good to me.. I like things that are different / "outside the box" so to speak and with 15 other hooligans on a track in these, it'd make for an interesting night's racing I'm sure

Regards,

Ian
Quote from animal1313 :If a noob with only 98 finishes can have an opinion: I'd like to see "prototype" cars (LM class from LeMans and ALMS).

(I'd also like to see a server which understood and could score a race where different classes of cars were racing at the same time.)

Well, kind of.
http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=96
Good to see people like the Aussie Racing Cars/Legends :up: You never know, they might like the idea of having their machines represented in a popular (yet still slightly cultish) sim like LFS - it would certainly draw some attention to this class of racing...

Just FYI, ARC's and Legends aren't exactly the same...
Quote from aussieracingcars.com.au FAQ :What similarities does the Aussie Racing Car have with the American Legend?

The only similarity is the basic body shape appearance of the early Ford Coupe. The Aussie Racing Car is totally manufactured in Australia for circuit racing on designated race tracks. The American cars are designed for speedway and small oval tracks, and when they were seen in Australia for a short time they were run in the pit lane area of the Thunderdome around witches hats. The entire Aussie Racing Car concept from the chassis engineering through the rules and regulations, the market acceptance and the category infrastructure was designed and developed by Phil Ward for circuit racing on Australian and International Motor Racing Circuits.

That's quite a good FAQ btw, check it out
Phil Ward ftw!
the SCCA sure like to race Legends at Mid-Ohio and other raceways a lot for it being an oval only car

Car Suggestions
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG