The online racing simulator
Start at pit lane in qualifying
Please could all cars start the qualifying from the pit lane inside the garage? That would make qualifying more realistic.

Also, there should be a built in single lap qualifying option. Start them off at the start of the final sector, do a lap, automatically spectates them, adds the next guy.
#2 - Davo
That would just cause massive pile ups in the pits.

The one lap thing also would be done on cold tyres which would be bad.

So a -1 for these suggestions.
#3 - Gunn
+1 for this suggestion (quali start from pits). Nothing more to say.
i have to say +1 too

@davo, its not like we are trying to set a WR that first lap

and the problem is with the current system that some people dont go and you have cars laying all over the track and it just causes chaos
+1000 (not everyone would leave the pits immediately, people would learn to look a bit more, and everyone gets the same length of track to warm their tyres, rather than the 'leader' having several hundred meters less than the guy starting qual 10th).

I personally don't think any session should start magically on the track (including the race in ultra-hardcore mode).
#6 - JJ72
+1

only idiots will flood to the track in the quickest possible manner, the last thing you need when qualifying is traffic.
#7 - Davo
Quote from XCNuse :
@davo, its not like we are trying to set a WR that first lap

didnt mention anythign about wrs, its just easier starting on the track instead o having to drive out of the pits with everyone together and chaos. then people complaining about waitin for others to clear pit lane as they lose time they could be on the track
+1 for the out of the box idea

but -1 for the one lap quali idea
because it isnt realistic.. It would be nice but not realistic..
Maybe you can do both ideas in once?

Player 1 get thrown out of the pits and he can do a warm up lap and then his fast lap, after that he must go to the pits..
Ok we are doing that right now.... And where do you have 1 lap qualis? Yes, mostly on league servers right before the race...
So everybody is doing there thing and they all drive not that bad... so i think they can do that 1-lap-quali-thing
#9 - JJ72
we did one lap qualifying as well and it's pretty straightforward, you pit out after the car in front crosses the line, and you drive at around 60% pace on your cool down lap, won't get into other people's way, no big deal.
+1

Hot Laps starting on pits too
I could say a +1 only if the racer has to finish in pit lane too, to go for another run! It would be ridiculous if:
1. racer starts from pitlane
2. drives the out-lap
3. drives the proper Q lap
4. uses SHIFT+S to fly to pits
5. starts from pits again + another outlap + another Q lap + [SHIFT+S] + starts from pits again....

So, if it's NOT a single lap Q situation: a racer crashes badly and cannot "limp" to pits, his/her Q is over. Setup editing is possible, but his/her car will be on the track the next time - when the race begins. To be able to use SHIFT+S, one must drive into the pit garage (as in CLC server), but small changes to the setup can be done in the pit box (as it is now). (The SHIFT+S will work during Q, but after using it, one can't continue the Q; the setupscreen will contain an extra button: "ready for race" or smth.)

There is another precondition that should be implemented first: every racer/car has own pit box/garage. The distribution of the pit areas could be done in the order of entering the server. I what real life racing series does the car stop "somewhere in the pit lane" and the pitcrew runs with their tools to the car to change tyres etc? This would help another feature (if it comes) the small pit-window that few want (in a 10 lap race, one can pit during the laps 4-6).

Requesting: start from pits + outlap + Q lap + [SHIFT+S] + starts from pits again + ... isn't arcade, it isn't realistic, it is BS!

And leave the hotlapping as it is now, you don't hotlap anyway.
+1, great idea it would be more realistic like u say.

Quote from pwrguido :+1

Hot Laps starting on pits too

nooo, -1, in Ky Gp Long/uf1 for make a hl, nooo it´d take 5 minutes
+1

its more realistic
This has been suggested before I think, but the vote is stil yes.

And to keep averybody happy, the best would be to add it as an option for the hotlaps too.

Start from last split, or from start/finish line.
I prefer my hotlaps to start 1 whole lap before, some other's dont off course, so an option whould be great.

+1
+1 for me. This would be interesting since you'd start seeing players waiting to see what times others are posting before they got out. Giving people time to have there Qualifying setup.

I like the idea of returning to the pits, I hate the magic teleport.

Maybe a cool down limiter that puts your car at 75-80% throttle once you cross the finish line in to your cool down lap. It wouldn't slam on your breaks just slow you down until it hits the throttle setting for cool down.

Lap 1. Out of the pits warm up
Lap 2. Hot Lap
Lap 3. Cool down limiter kicks on slowing you to 75-80% throttle.

Server Admin adjust how many hot laps each racer can have. 3 or so, giving 9 laps total.

This all should be a option for servers to use or not to use.
:up:
Add this to the long list, along with proper false starts, allocated pit area and the option to set a maximum number of hot laps (good idea!).
Like the starting out the pits. Not keen on one lap qualifying though.
Quote from ajp71 :Not keen on one lap qualifying though.

It's mainly intended for leagues. The 1 lap qualifying system (which is used by many series IRL) is good for leagues but in LFS needs real management and a way of speeding it up (the starting at final sector.
There are marshells thro. +1 to this suggestion.
this is a good point 1+
jip completley right , 1+

but i all so see why the dev put you on the track because you can d o1 min qual that mean that you only can do one timed lap. and when you start from the pits you mis on al long lap the qualy.

so it is a good point but i think it is hard to save for the devs.

still 1+

Reintjan
Quote from duke_toaster :(which is used by many series IRL)

It's generally used to make dull series 'exciting' on the TV, it was first used in the UK in BTCC to say the least and look what a dull waste of time F1 is compared to the old hour to do what you like style

One lap qualifying has no place in any real racing series, and in LFS if you really want fair lapping why not just use hotlaps or manually enforce single lap qualifying, I've done LFS races which have used that without a hitch but god it was dull just waiting around.
+1, more realistic, properly done. i think lfs cold tyre situation, needs to be more obvious, i can still drive just as fast on my first lap when with cold tyres than on thr next fe laps. theres a difference, but when tyres are cold there is barely any grip, on lfs there is alot to start with.
DEFINITELY a +1

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG