The online racing simulator
#1 - JTbo
What is most difficult track to race on?
I think all agrees that South City, but which configuration?

I feel that Sprint 2 requires most skill, there driver need to be able to control his car perfectly and there is not many places where you can relax, also it has most challenging braking zones I have found from LFS tracks, that downhill left turn.

But is it really most difficult overall?
Also is some track more difficult with some specific car? After all, I think only street cars, because I don't drive race cars much of all anymore and perhaps that is easier with some downforce monster?.
#2 - Jakg
SO3/R (Sprint 2/Rev) in an LX6 or FO8 - Monsterously hard!
#3 - amp88
I've never had any affinity with Fern Bay tracks, so I'm going to say FE Black.
The hidden Go Kart Track.
ky oval.
BL2/FO8 (without slickmod)

Is it a matter of being hard to navigate or hard to get right?
#7 - Jakg
BAH! Your slow!
BAH! It's you're slow. In my opinion, one of the hardest tracks is South City Long.
So Sprint 2 in an UFR... Considering a rather long race and not just a pickup one, your tyres will evaporate
But So configurations are generally hard because on other tracks you can brake a little earlier and take the turn a little slower... at So you'll most likely faceplant the wall if you try that. You either take the turn perfectly or blow it completely.
#10 - JTbo
Indeed, hard can be different things, hard for me is where errors with car control cost a lot, even small ones.

SO Sprint 2 is hard also because you have to get corner exit perfectly right too or you are screwed because corner exit is other corners entry in few places there and you really can't go wide anywhere.

For some reason I can't now even come close to my PB there as I tested even my setup should be lot faster than anything I have used before and even I feel much more consistent all corners, maybe it is part of being hard track, it requires lot of practice until one can be on certain level and if not practiced for long time it requires more practice than some other track
#11 - JTbo
You all are slower than me unless I see your name above my name on this list
#12 - Jakg
Quote from LFSn00b :You'll see the day when i overtake you...

go for it - im quick in (most) road cars, and i dont drive cars with slicks because their no fun
South City, only b/c of the curbes
I'd say it's Aston North.
#15 - JJ72
fern bay green rev?? I think it's rather hard.
Quote from LFSn00b :but City Long is the hardest.

I have to agree on that. I mostly hate the back straight before the hairpin. It's so bumpy on both ends. I either go too slow or spin at the beginning and on the hairpin I just lock my tyres and/or understeer in the wall. On the other direction the hairpin is not so horrible, but there is bump on the mid of the straight which causes me to spin.
I know I probably am doing something wrong, but that part is the most difficult for me to get right. Not that other sections of the track are easy, SO is rather unforgiving all around.
Quote from Biohazard :ky oval.

Nonono, oval revered.
It gives me the shivers just thinking about its complexicity
Fe black rev in a FO8, i haven't done it, but it's bound to be hell flying into the fe club chicane.
#19 - JTbo
Quote from JJ72 :fern bay green rev?? I think it's rather hard.

I feel Fern Bay Club rev even harder (PB 51.76 XRG), there just is no place to overtake sometimes, had few nice races there, bit longer races and it was close and tight, no space, but if you made small error it meant only that others get bit away, not necessarily even position was lost unlike in South City where even small error is usually end of race.
But I have not driven too many laps on fern bay green rev, mostly other direction :P

At longer tracks difficulty is on different things, there often at least one corner won't be perfect and hard to keep concentration up as there is so long time between corners.
I find South City produces very good racing and is easy to pass at if everyones sensible but the nature of a street track means if one person makes a silly move everybody else has no where to go.

Westhill is almost impossible to have good racing at in anything other than the big single seaters and GTRs because it's too near flat without thinking all the way in anything slower. Racing MRTs there is kind of like round an oval but even worse because being so much longer they get more spread out.
Fern bay Gold reverse in the XRT, infuriating and addictive in equal measures
Any FE in the XFR... Even look at the curbs on the way by and that damn thing goes over like a lead balloon!
#23 - Vain
Fern Bay Black Reversed
Kyoto GP Long Reversed (One beauty of a track :smile: )
South City Town Reversed (hint: FZ5 )

Vain
Never thought south city was too hard in any car. Fe green is a wild track for certain vehicles - fwd gtr's particularly. Westhill is pretty tricky, especially in the fast road cars.
South city in anything but the uf1000 lol. I really find it difficult to even drive south city. Usually if you make a slight mistake there a little more curb on the exit you can take or even run 2 wheels on the grass, south city your in the wall and usually the funny collision detection throws you over as well.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG