Quote from scania :illepall

thats helpful

actually i can hear it quite well in all turbo cars except XRT
#3 - dev
Quote from XCNuse :thats helpful

actually i can hear it quite well in all turbo cars except XRT

I don't hear it on any car
#4 - herki
your custom dumpvalve won't be heared, as the current sound engine calculates it on the fly and doesn't play a pre-recorded sound.
#5 - dev
Quote from herki :your custom dumpvalve won't be heared, as the current sound engine calculates it on the fly and doesn't play a pre-recorded sound.

I don't have a costum dumpvalve....
#6 - Matas
Same situation for me. I don't hear no Boost sound, no BOV (blow off valve) sound
What's wrong? Tried to download the new lfs (alredy patched, form liveforspeed.com), but had the same problem. Everything works fine except the Turbo sounds..
Quote from Matas :no BOV (blow off valve) sound

None of the turbo cars ever did have a blow off valve.
actually.. now that i think about it, i think its about right, if you rev and listen outside you can hear it, inside you really shouldn't hear it unless its a big turbo like the ones on the GTR cars, so.. i think it is meant to be this way

but what i said before, i.. hardly hear the turbo (not the dump valve) at all, maybe a little louder would be nice

but in the RB4 i can hear it (haven't driven the FXO yet so i dont know)

last time i was in a turbo car i could hardly hear the whine... and im pretty sure thats a good thing or else you'd see alot more people stopping off the side of the road because they couldn't take the sound of a really loud turbo
(or really bad insulation from the sounds.. or no insulation)
Actually sound means a lot to me that's why I used to drive the XRT a lot (turbo sounds were good to me)
now that the FZ50 sound a lot meaner and better - I had to learn to drive it....finally (it turned out to be a very intense and exiting car)
but On topic - yeah, turbos should be a bit better
Quote from squidhead :On topic - yeah, turbos should be a bit better

The main problem is, that some people (like me, dev, ..) absolutely can't hear any turbo sound...
#11 - Davo
It's there, but very quiet. You can hear it inside and out. Sounds like a plumback and not an atmospheric. I liked my custom bov sound, its a shame that it can't be customised anymore.
Quote from Matas :The main problem is, that some people (like me, dev, ..) absolutely can't hear any turbo sound...

I didnt hear it too until I turned my 2.1 to 50% and lowered the eng sound
#13 - JTbo
I did not hear it either, but it was how my audio playback was setup, see here
JTbo - thank you very much
#15 - Mc21
If your bummed, use CSR still for the BOV.
#16 - JTbo
I have been thinking about these sound issues and I think that there should be possibility to adjust each sound separately, because if scawen sets sounds to certain level it is fine on his system and for his ears, but only there it would be as intended, different speakers and ears are certainly causing different experience and only if all levels are adjustable it is possible to create similar sound enviroment.

So there is need to get sliders at least for gear whine, gear click, bov, turbo spool. Engine, echo and skids are already in game, but I have no idea how hard adding these would be.
hello
#19 - JTbo
#21 - neRu
I hardly cant hear it in the XRT the turbowhine nor the bov, but fxo and rb4 are at a quite pleasant level. You can really hear the turbo start to work, so you know when you have all your power available.

wheel4hummer - yes, the cars had/have dumpvalves/bov's.
Maybe they upgraded the cars you can't hear it on now to recycle the waste-gate pressure back into the turbo to keep it spun up?

Just a thought

(Watching the turbo guage, I know this isn't really the case lol)

No Turbo Valve sound in V...
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG