The online racing simulator
Car sound requests
(19 posts, started )
Car sound requests
anyone got any good ones,

Xrt=Porsche
Rb4=Subaru
Uf1= Whatever
if anyone could make them for me thatd be great, i think these cars suit these sounds
xrt? well.. hold on, i think if its possible (if anyone here happens to own one hint hint) the XRT should have the sound of a porsche 944
rb4, WRX of some type, UF1.. lol how about a mini? i think thats been done before though (or was it a punto or something like that?)
FZ50 deffinetly some type of upperclass porsche (911 ancestor)
it would be nice if someone that is in an FSAE group get sounds for the MRT
surely i can think of some some other time .. owell

sorry for just like.. taking over your thread lol
edit- just changed thread name to attract some more attention
Quote from XCNuse :xrt? well.. hold on, i think if its possible (if anyone here happens to own one hint hint) the XRT should have the sound of a porsche 944
rb4, WRX of some type, UF1.. lol how about a mini? i think thats been done before though (or was it a punto or something like that?)
FZ50 deffinetly some type of upperclass porsche (911 ancestor)
it would be nice if someone that is in an FSAE group get sounds for the MRT
surely i can think of some some other time .. owell

sorry for just like.. taking over your thread lol
edit- just changed thread name to attract some more attention

Thanks for explaining in more detail , I think the Xrt is the least favourite on making sounds for and the rb4, i havent seen any in threads
Have you got the awesome sound pack from DaveWs???
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=248878#post248878

It includes the cars you are after..
Quote from DaveWS :
- New FZR sounds, based on Porsche flat-6 engine sounds
- New FXO sounds, engine based on a Subaru Impreza, due to both cars having a flat-4 layout

If you dont like the standard ones. for example you want the XRT to sound like a Subaru (FXO) then do the following..

1. Get the above mentioned sound pack.

2.1 Make sure you can actually get the new sound pack to work with CSR by selecting the User Files (i) button in CSR application before you do any modifications (editing). Click the [v] down button in CSR to see the (i) button.

2.2 Once CSR is working with the new sound packs, you are ready to make modifications as follows....

2.3 Close CSR.

3. Rename the "CSR/User files/ XRT "folder -> eg: XRT_orig (this is your backup - in case something goes wrong)

4. Copy the "CSR/User files/FXO" folder and rename it to XRT.

5. Rename EACH and EVERY file inside the new XRT folder to start with XRT.
eg: FXO.dat >> renamed to XRT.dat
eg: FXO_blowoffvalve.wav >> renamed to XRT_blowoffvalve.wav
(sorry if the file name is wrong - I am not at home and can't check the exact filenames)

6. Now re-open CSR. This loads the new XRT sounds

7. Test it in LFS. See if the XRT sounds different. Then TUNE the global frequency of the new XRT in CSR by choosing the [edit] button in CSR. Make the Global frequency match the sounds of the XRT in LFS. See next point.

8. Sit in neutral and rev out the XRT. This sound should be heard in CSR when the REV tester in CSR edit mode is playing at ~9000rpm. Adjust the Global frequency in CSR edit window to make this happen. A screen dump would help I know, but I'm not at home a.t.m.... shhhh.

9. Save the new edit in CSR and try it out in LFS.

10. Flame me if your computer wont play LFS anymore.

Happy WRX-ing
Quote from JasonJ :Have you got the awesome sound pack from DaveWs???
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=248878#post248878

It includes the cars you are after..

If you dont like the standard ones. for example you want the XRT to sound like a Subaru (FXO) then do the following..

1. Get the above mentioned sound pack.

2.1 Make sure you can actually get the new sound pack to work with CSR by selecting the User Files (i) button in CSR application before you do any modifications (editing). Click the [v] down button in CSR to see the (i) button.

2.2 Once CSR is working with the new sound packs, you are ready to make modifications as follows....

2.3 Close CSR.

3. Rename the "CSR/User files/ XRT "folder -> eg: XRT_orig (this is your backup - in case something goes wrong)

4. Copy the "CSR/User files/FXO" folder and rename it to XRT.

5. Rename EACH and EVERY file inside the new XRT folder to start with XRT.
eg: FXO.dat >> renamed to XRT.dat
eg: FXO_blowoffvalve.wav >> renamed to XRT_blowoffvalve.wav
(sorry if the file name is wrong - I am not at home and can't check the exact filenames)

6. Now re-open CSR. This loads the new XRT sounds

7. Test it in LFS. See if the XRT sounds different. Then TUNE the global frequency of the new XRT in CSR by choosing the [edit] button in CSR. Make the Global frequency match the sounds of the XRT in LFS. See next point.

8. Sit in neutral and rev out the XRT. This sound should be heard in CSR when the REV tester in CSR edit mode is playing at ~9000rpm. Adjust the Global frequency in CSR edit window to make this happen. A screen dump would help I know, but I'm not at home a.t.m.... shhhh.

9. Save the new edit in CSR and try it out in LFS.

10. Flame me if your computer wont play LFS anymore.

Happy WRX-ing

Thanks for the help but i can just go into the files put them in CSR User files then change fxr to xrt etc =] much easier, thanks
Quote from Robert123 :Thanks for the help but i can just go into the files put them in CSR User files then change fxr to xrt etc =] much easier, thanks

Yeah that works but the dat files has all the critical rpm settings. So that way you'll probably have completely unmatched sounds.
for what car bud? cause i might be able to help you
Quote from yari :err...NSX ? u know Honda NSX ?

i dunno i will try using GT2 nsx sounds....but it aint pretty.

he meant lfs car (xrt, fz50 etc.)..
rac i think would be the best
I think the rac would be best with sounds from a Saab engine....
Considering hes only a demo racer.. i think the only reasonable car would be the xrt for him...
or, you could tell us what that name is and nobody would be thinking naughty thoughts.
Quote from DutchJok3r :I'm [2F4U]CrAzY,

I don't race much online because I suck
I like more to race against AI's so I can win
And all the sounds of the game itself are bit crap

lfsworld doesn't know you
are you sure that's your username?
#15 - Mc21
bah. lol. stupid crackhead.
#16 - DC2
Quote from DutchJok3r :Yeah right,

And wtf do I need to crack? I don't know how :S

And what is the big deal to post that sound request :S

I think u don´t understand... it´s meanless that you don´t know how to crackillepall

the big deal is,that u had to post your account name with S2 or i think they will ban you!
I hate crackers (even dutch ones)

come on man, it's not that hard to make up a name which 'is' yours...
OMFG ban teh cracker...

Or you could just leave him. People crack games, its a fact of life, its not going to stop, nor is it going to change by having a go at them. This is hardly a private forum, and ok fair enough no-ones going to bother making a sound addon for an assumed cracker, but serisouly, chill out.
Quote from (-Mark-) :Considering hes only a demo racer.. i think the only reasonable car would be the xrt for him...

These days you never know what demo racers drive..

Car sound requests
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG