The online racing simulator
I'd love nKP to work out. I really really would. It has the potential to be a true rival to LFS, and indeed completely outclass it in some areas like drivetrain simulation (until Scawen gets round to it).

But Kunos (and his band of merry men) either ignore bugs, cover them up (e.g. the driving upside down bug was fixed by making the cars balance on the roll hoops, so the wheels couldn't go near the ground. Do the cars fall over? Not in my experience), or generally pretend they don't exist.

I don't WANT to agree with Kid on this. I don't WANT him to be right. But read his posts, look at the history of nK, and you'll find Kid is so close to 'the truth' that it's amazing.

nK is complete crap at the moment. When my 'semi-uber' system can give me more than 35fps MAX, sound that doesn't lag/crackle, controls that don't lag behind my inputs, multiplayer that works the majority of the time for the majority of the people trying (e.g. LFS and rF, which does at least allow you to connect to other people), an interface that isn't designed by a blind child with learning difficulties, and made by someone who bursts into tears at the slightest hint of critisism then leaves his forum to rot for 6 months can cope with it it'll be a whole lot better, but I can see two or three PC upgrades coming before nK is stable and ready for V1.0

No, in it's current guise nK is worthless. In it's current guise the development process of nK is also worthless. Which is a shame, as I was looking forward to at least one single lone sim to challenge LFS. Next please!
Quote from deggis :Next 6 months waiting of another worthless patch, please.

*jaap*jaap*jaap*jaap*jaaaapp*jaaaaaaaaappppp*ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Quote from tristancliffe :No, in it's current guise nK is worthless. In it's current guise the development process of nK is also worthless. Which is a shame, as I was looking forward to at least one single lone sim to challenge LFS. Next please!

DR is doing pretty well IMO. FF is a bit underwhelming but its early alpha. I think that'd be one of the few sims to rival LFS once released.
yeah i was gonna bring up DR . the netcode is coming along nicely. the patches have slowed a bit so they must be working on something. i like the force feedback. it allows me to dance on the limits of traction sorta like lfs. except it feels rougher than lfs right now. we need bootleg formula ford in lfs
I'm refusing to allow hype and PR convince me of anything about DR. I made the mistake of beleiving it with nK!

I am using the alpha version now and again, and it's not awful, but it's not at S1 levels of feel quite yet somehow. Probably LFS's biggest challenger, but quite a long way from stepping in the ring!
the car look a bit strange when they get air in LRP.
Quote from tristancliffe :I am using the alpha version now and again, and it's not awful, but it's not at S1 levels of feel quite yet somehow.

but you cant deny that theres something there ... something about this sim which feels like its on the right track but just not there yet
Quote from Gabkicks :yeah i was gonna bring up DR . the netcode is coming along nicely. the patches have slowed a bit so they must be working on something. i like the force feedback. it allows me to dance on the limits of traction sorta like lfs. except it feels rougher than lfs right now. we need bootleg formula ford in lfs

I haven't played the latest version but I have it installed so I can give invites, biggest thing that annoyes me is the horrifying p2p system interface, you can't see what resources you have already downloaded. It's really pain in the ass. I hope the "open beta" he was planning to release Q4 this year is changing that, and the whole interface actually.

Quote from tristancliffe :I am using the alpha version now and again, and it's not awful, but it's not at S1 levels of feel quite yet somehow. Probably LFS's biggest challenger, but quite a long way from stepping in the ring!

Unfair to compare it to LFS or even to S1 stage. DR is not a finished product like S1 was. I guess if DR's Eero Piitulainen wasn't the same guy behind RBR's physics we would be calling DR "amateurish crap" too like nKp, but he has already proven something so it's easier to have faith.
Quote from deggis :
Unfair to compare it to LFS or even to S1 stage.

If DR was better than LFS S1 it wouldn't be seen as an unfair comparison, so why is it unfair to compare the two?

Everything should be compared with everything else in my opinion, it does no harm. Like when people scream, "don't criticise LFS, it's still alpha". So what? If something is better than LFS, then it doesn't matter what state either title is in, there's something better than (the current) LFS.

Certainly doesn't make me feel any better about nKpro to know it's not "finished" yet, and I'll sure as hell compare it with LFS
I think that I won't even bother with the track. The problem with nk pro is not the tracks. It's somewhere else
Yeah, nothing has really changed since the patch. Online is still dead (guess why) and the few nkp fans are still completely blind about the issues, even the most obvious issues.

and I continue my pic crusade against nkp:

Quote from deggis :and I continue my pic crusade against nkp

hey could you do one of these about the g25 and send it to psx ? ^^
I guess that keeps all the 10 nkp fans happy for the next 6 months.
Fine deggis we know you dont like it, so why even look in the thread. Even when something good happens for nKp your gonna be in here posting about how you dont like it.
Quote from VALE 46 :Fine deggis we know you dont like it, so why even look in the thread. Even when something good happens for nKp your gonna be in here posting about how you dont like it.

I can't really expect things to get any better with that track release. The people who are willing to race 1 hour per day (the 80% of userbase) have left already. You only got the frequent RSC people, the GPC people and some other casual players left. And none of them are online.

10 people online is an over estimation.
Downloading.

I'll play it once or twice I'm sure. But nKP has so many BIGGER problems than lack of tracks. The shitty coding, crazy physics bugs, rubbish interface, multiplayer shortcomings..... I somehow doubt Silverstone (the most boring track in the UK for anything slower than GP2) will improve it much.
yes it does feel kind of sterile and lifeless, i enjoy the shorter club-type tracks on nkp. Nice to get something new though after all this time.
Quote from tristancliffe :I somehow doubt Silverstone (the most boring track in the UK for anything slower than GP2) will improve it much.

The club and international circuits are both excellent circuits for club racing, the current GP circuit a waste of time in just about anything and the old GP circuit was a blast in GPL/GTP/anything fast
The international one is okay, but the Club one is boring - basically only three easy corners and some long straights. I'd like to have driven the pre-80's Silverstone in something quick, but unfortunately I wasn't born
Wasn't tristan talking about driving on the real life track...

LFS Community gives nKPro a go?
(777 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG