The online racing simulator
Thinking of buying lfs
(117 posts, started )
It's very boring seeing the same old questions again.

Programming takes time, we don't give time estimates but we are working hard to finish LFS S2. Just think - however much you want it out, I want it more. Maybe it's a big part of your life. So try to think, how big a part of my life is LFS? And do I really need to be told that it should be done faster? We are working full time on it.

It is so boring to be told that it should be faster. If you know how to make a game faster, then make one yourself. Otherwise you will just have to trust us that this is how long it takes. And no, we are not going to hire loads of staff and start up a company. We are happy working this way - that's why we are doing it! And it's producing good results.

If it's failing completely, that means there are a lot of much better sims out there, so why not use one of those instead?
#28 - axus
Quote from gwendoline :We just very tired to wait for some nice "Easter'eggs" inside some patch like the begining.

Firstly you're trying to speak for everyone here, by saying "We". You should be using "I".

Secondly, LFS is much bigger than it was then. The devs can't just say "oh well, forget development on this now, we've got to make a surprise for Christmas!"

If you'd just take the time to read some of Scawen's posts, you'll understand that the development course he's currently taking makes all the sense in the world in terms of bringing S2 to final as quickly as possible, and as a solid piece of software.
-
(xaotik) DELETED by xaotik : this is starting to resemble a gangbang - enough people already commenting :P
thanks for the input guys

before i go off n paypal this, i hear that s2 final is around the corner, will that mean s3 will be here in a few months? or are we talkin a year?

(i know i know, what ever happens - happens, BUT whats ur goal with the realeses?)

thanks
-
(CSU1) DELETED by CSU1 : post i replyed to was deleted???
Quote from gwendoline :yes we are bored to see game developpement is stopped...any really new things, small changes since begining...we help (money) devs to improove game developpement and we think they works only for security on game now.

Who is "We" or are you talking about yourself in plural?
Bcos i am not bored. I dont even think about an Update for month cos i am really busy with racing, preparing for leagues, fiddling sets. I wonder if u learned anything from the "Test Patch" Thread.
oh and also, what happens when i buy s2, will you send me out a cd? or do i dl all the other tracks/cars.
lfs isnt that big. U can download everything u need within 10 minutes via Broadband.
Install patch U30, and patch U, count the months between these 30 patches, and tell me development has stopped.

Scawen has had to spend a minimal amount of time removing the aero hack, but other than that, security still isnt a major issue for the player base.
Actually you already got the full version, but its locked down to DEMO. When you buy a s2 lisence you get a code, wich you use it to unlock s2 content.

Hope that helps
Quote from DjeMz :thanks for the input guys

before i go off n paypal this, i hear that s2 final is around the corner, will that mean s3 will be here in a few months? or are we talkin a year?

(i know i know, what ever happens - happens, BUT whats ur goal with the realeses?)

thanks

The only goals for a release are content related, not time related.

S2 final is hardly "right around the corner". Although tbh I don't know what other features are really planned for it beyond V and W patches.

Don't expect S2 final within the next 6 months. S3 would be years away, emphasis on the plural there.
thanks rod,

to mods: i sent payment recently, regarding the unlock, GIMME GIMME GIMME!
#37 - axus

thanks

S2 final will be here in no less than half a year. Then no less than a year and a half before S3 I'd say - but probably more like 2-3 years. No need to worry about that.

thanks

Quote from DjeMz :oh and also, what happens when i buy s2, will you send me out a cd? or do i dl all the other tracks/cars.

Okay first, I really wouldn't call S2 Final "around the corner". It will still take some time - my personal guess is like half a year to year. S3... well don't even think about it yet. Do not expect it within the next two years at least! Not even the developers know when LFS will be finished, so the only answer you will get from them is "When it's done."

To the second part, if you have the LFS demo installed, then you already have everything in place. The demo contains already everything from the full version, the only difference is that this content is locked as long as you are in "demo mode". If you buy S2, you'll get an unlock code bound to a fixed user name by email. This can then be entered within LFS to unlock it and allow the S2 content to be accessed.

ok cool

i have been looking around the mods page and that, if you could all list some mods/tools that are highly recommended, just the names will do fine, ill get the links!
Mods, please temp ban scawen for triple posting......

I would imagine they have simply dumped down next to eachother when other posts got moved or removed... I was only joking.
#41 - Jakg
Mods - aren't really any (ie in the way of adding stuff), but there are some good un's here, i really love Pitspotter!
how about getting banned/suspended?

eg what is classified as a hack and whats not?
Quote from DjeMz :how about getting banned/suspended?

eg what is classified as a hack and whats not?

Only time ive seen people get banned is when they crack the game, so to get the full version of the game without paying. The pitstopper, smoke mod .. . . etc are more addons to the game than hacks
sweet and what duz Pitspotter actually do?
#45 - Jakg
Hack would make your car faster etc, anything you see linked to on the Forum by a respectable person (ie somone with S2) is perfectly legal, else the mods would remove it

Pitspotter - Theres a demo video on the site, it says if someone is beside you, it's great!
Quote from DjeMz :sweet and what duz Pitspotter actually do?

Welcome, and don't worry about the add-ons just yet. Spend the first couple of months driving and learning the tracks. I've had this game for over a year and I'm still learning all the time.
Yes, the only "mods" out there are relatively minor things, mostly eyecandy or helper tools like pitspotter. You won't be excluded from any servers because of missing mods, if you mean something like that

For the beginning, just enjoy LFS at its purest form. It's perfectly fine to run LFS without any mods at all. Personally I only have a few texture updates installed, pretty much everything else is stock - and I'm playing this game since four years now, so it's not like you need any mods.
Hey DjeMz,

How you doin'.

By the way, don't forget to keep your head down while the Big Boyz here are busy throwin' chairs across the room at each other! :hide:

Anyway, I thought I could give you an idea of how the game is for someone like me who's just recently bought an S2 license after trying the demo.

Well, what can I say. If you liked the demo you really will enjoy S2.

To be perfectly honest, I know its called S2 and it's revision 'whatever' - soon to become S3 etc. etc., but honestly, don't let that bother you. The simple fact is, whatever they call it, it's already a good game; no, actually its already a VERY good game, and as someone who's just started I've found that exactly where the dev's are at the moment on the progress chart doesn't really affect me. There's more than enough to keep me busy just the way it is and it all seems to work just fine .

In the short time I've had S2:

I've driven a number of the S1/S2 cars already and they really do all handle differently (I'm really into the LX4 & 6 and the FOX at the moment) and you feel its worth your time and effort getting to know them.

I've noticed that, to me at least, the tracks look and feel right. It's hard to describe but as 'detailed' as other sims I've tried have been, I still felt like I was in video game. Some people have said other games feel a bit 'cartoony' compared to LFS and I know what they mean. Anyway, if you've been 'round Blackwood you probably know what I mean and the other tracks are just as good, if not better.

Racing on line with other S2 players is a blast. You race, you talk, you swap setups, you spectate (even sit yourself in other player's cars to try and figure how they go so damn fast! ) and there's a good community feel to it. Oh, and you crash of course, but as long as you don't behave like a complete numpty and say sorry when you mess up taking a few others out with you, you'll find the other racers don't get toooo upset .

I've hosted one or two sessions on-line myself and visited a number of others. As host you can set up the tracks and cars to participate the way you want and its nice when others 'come to play in your back yard' so to speak. You've probably visited others on the demo or maybe even hosted yourself ([THINKS] can you on the demo? - can't remember) - anyway if you have you probably know what I mean.

I've looked with admiration at other peoples car skins and although I haven't done so yet, it's nice to know that you can personalise the look of your cars if you want to, so there's a whole new 'scene' there as well if you want it.

And last but not least, the game has never crashed on me. No, really. No freezes, no blue screens of death, no dumps to desktop (which I have to say, I have experienced with other sims recently ).

So, overall, lots of feel-good factor and bang for your buck.

Anyway, I hope this has eased any anxieties you may have had. (Is it safe to come out from under the table yet? Yes, I think so!)

So, license up, relax and enjoy .

Hope to see you on the S2 servers soon .
dungbeetle for admin :woohoo:

also in the demo u couldnt see/dl other players custom skins, is that still an issue with full vers?
Quote from dungbeetle :
I've driven a number of the S1/S2 cars already and they really do all handle differently (I'm really into the LX6 & 8 and the FOX at the moment) and you feel its worth your time and effort getting to know them.

You already drive the LX8??
I hope you ment the LX4 and LX6...otherwise I missed something.

Thinking of buying lfs
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG