The online racing simulator
Quote from wabz :Ah. Do you remember what server this was? I have a feeling there is a demo server with the same name (possibly with trailing whitespace) as the S2 server. I remember this happened before with the Redline Racing servers - I'm not sure this is a bug in BFS, but in the way that ambiguities with a hostname can't properly be resolved.

I only tried connecting to the one server in my favourites , I know for a fact there is no demo version of it .The server is -= SGS LFS Server =- , I also noticed it happens only when I start up BFS the first time ,after I switch modes in LFS and connect again through BFS without closing it,it works fine

EDIT:Will try some random servers when I get home to see if it happens to them as well
#27 - Davo
Awesome, this is exactly what I needed. Finally can see pings !
Brilliantly Fabricated Software

If LFS is already running, can BFS connect to that, instead of starting up a new LFS instance? The way it is now, when browsing the servers I have to wait quite a long time for LFS to start up each time I connect to another server.

Some suggestions:
- A visual indicator of the server that you last visited.
- A "None" button for the car filter. If you want to race one specific car, it's faster to deselect all cars and then select that one, instead of selecting its class and then deselecting the other cars. (Even more advanced: user-configurable filters.)
- Add the track variant to the filter. Then someone who loves oval or rallycross doesn't have to skip all the other variants in the server list.
#29 - Jakg
afaik it can't send a comman to a running version of LFS - also, are you using U-test patches? if so LFS takes about 1 second to load (for me at least), it only takes a while when trying to connect to a server as then it has to load a track, but you can't really avoid that!
Thx for new version!
Yeah, finally can see ping.

btw, again old problem with Redline Racing servers.
Quote from Jakg :afaik it can't send a comman to a running version of LFS - also, are you using U-test patches? if so LFS takes about 1 second to load (for me at least), it only takes a while when trying to connect to a server as then it has to load a track, but you can't really avoid that!

Being a Demo user, I race almost exclusively on Blackwood GP. When I browse servers from LFS's own list, it doesn't re-load the track each time (except when it needs to, e.g. to change the lighting). And re-loading takes about 10 seconds on my PC, so that's a considerable delay when checking out several servers in a row.

But if it's not technically feasible...
#32 - Omen
Very good program!
It would be PERFECT, if we could change the "friend names".
Thanks for the program, im having a small problem though: The admin adminstrate function doesnt work for me for some reason, it just keeps on saying ''Couldn't connect to insim,, . I asked another admin and it didn't work for him either. Anyone?
#34 - Jakg
I think LFS has to be running, as from the screenies i've seen it can be used to ban people on the server your on (if your an admin), but LFS has to be running and connected first
Quote from jegorchangai :Thanks for the program, im having a small problem though: The admin adminstrate function doesnt work for me for some reason, it just keeps on saying ''Couldn't connect to insim,, . I asked another admin and it didn't work for him either. Anyone?

Works for me, but our server is set up with the insim relay thing on LFSWorld and I have the connect via relay checkbox ticked.
#36 - abz1
nice program.

Can you remove the blue background in the table it does not look nice and reminds me of phlos program which in return does not look nice .
#37 - wabz
Quote from jegorchangai :Thanks for the program, im having a small problem though: The admin adminstrate function doesnt work for me for some reason, it just keeps on saying ''Couldn't connect to insim,, . I asked another admin and it didn't work for him either. Anyone?

Make sure that insim is properly running on the remote server (either start it with /insim= or type that from the server) and that there isn't a firewall blocking it.

Quote from Jakg :I think LFS has to be running, as from the screenies i've seen it can be used to ban people on the server your on (if your an admin), but LFS has to be running and connected first

Nope, the admin section can connect to a remote server (direct or through the relay) - LFS does not have to be running. The screenshot just has LFS in the background because I happened to be connecting to that instance

Quote from abz1 :Can you remove the blue background in the table it does not look nice and reminds me of phlos program which in return does not look nice .

The reason it's blue is because that's the colour of the in-game one - all the colours for the server names are nicely visible. A few people have requested this, so we might make it configurable (though I'm not sure how many other background colours are good for this). I would rather keep the number of options down though, and have something that works for everyone. One solution is to make the background white when turning off coloured hostnames?

Quote from wsinda :Being a Demo user, I race almost exclusively on Blackwood GP. When I browse servers from LFS's own list, it doesn't re-load the track each time (except when it needs to, e.g. to change the lighting). And re-loading takes about 10 seconds on my PC, so that's a considerable delay when checking out several servers in a row.

Unfortunately there isn't a way we can interact with a currently running version of LFS to tell it to connect to a server, so LFS has to be started each time.
#38 - wabz
Quote from noemfie :Hey I have a weird bug , if I join a favourite server it sometimes tries to connect in demo mode , altho it's a s2 server , I then have to switch modes and connect from lfs again

I believe I have found the issue and fixed it. Please try 0.7b and let me know if it has fixed the issue.

This would have happened when joining from the extended server information window, if you clicked join after the pubstat query had finished but before the query to the actual server had finished. So I think it would have been a fairly rare occurance. Let me know how it goes!
#39 - Davo
I can't seem to connect using the admin function. The server is on my LAN and insim is on because LFSLapper is working but I can;t connect to admin i. Is this because something is already using InSim?

Is it possible to have a miniimse/close to tray function. I'd like to leave it open so I can do quick refreshes instead of full ones and being in the tray would make it handy.

The version check doesn't seem to work. I'm on 7a and 7b is out but it does't let me know a new version is out.

The blue background would probably look better if it were lighter like in LFSWorld. If you could get white text to be shown as black on a white backgriound and black text to be shown as white on a black background adding those options would rock.
#40 - wabz
Quote from Davo :I can't seem to connect using the admin function. The server is on my LAN and insim is on because LFSLapper is working but I can;t connect to admin i. Is this because something is already using InSim?

Yes, you can only have one app connected to insim at once.

Quote from Davo : Is it possible to have a miniimse/close to tray function. I'd like to leave it open so I can do quick refreshes instead of full ones and being in the tray would make it handy.

Okay, noted!

Quote from Davo : The version check doesn't seem to work. I'm on 7a and 7b is out but it does't let me know a new version is out.

I decided not to bump the version number for this update as it wasn't critical and I don't like bothering users too much. Major version updates or critical fixes will definitely let you know about updates (it does work).

Quote from Davo :The blue background would probably look better if it were lighter like in LFSWorld. If you could get white text to be shown as black on a white backgriound and black text to be shown as white on a black background adding those options would rock.

This this has been heavily requested, we'll add this in the next version. I haven't decided the best way to do this without cluttering up the UI yet though.
Hi!

Very very nice job It avoids i start LFS and close it if there is no game that attracts me

I have a question: I want to start CSR with BFR, but i need to launch it in "high priority". I guess we can pass it in the "argument" text box? But what is the argument?

Thanks in advance, and congratulations again
Hinirags - put this in your csr folder and point bfs to it.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~cdriver/csr.cmd
edit: this doesn't work actually, didn't realise bfs could only be pointed to .exe files. Running bat and cmd files would seem a worthwhile addition Wabz??

Wabz - the latest release is not working well for me. every time I try to connect to a server it gives the 'host has a different game code' error - it's trying to connect to demo servers instead of s2 servers, for some reason. These are servers that would previously connect fine with BFS.
#43 - Davo
Quote from Blowtus :Hinirags - put this in your csr folder and point bfs to it.
edit: this doesn't work actually, didn't realise bfs could only be pointed to .exe files. Running bat and cmd files would seem a worthwhile addition Wabz??

Wabz - the latest release is not working well for me. every time I try to connect to a server it gives the 'host has a different game code' error - it's trying to connect to demo servers instead of s2 servers, for some reason. These are servers that would previously connect fine with BFS.

The .7b versions should fix that problem, I haven't tried it myself yet though as I wasn't affected by the bug much, but today it happened for every server I joined. Trying out 0.7b now.
yes, I am a bad person and didn't see that post
I also realised the cmd file for CSR works fine, you just have to manually specify it instead of browsing to it.
Quote from Davo :The .7b versions should fix that problem

I have the latest version and it is happening for almost every server i go in..
It's not that big of a deal, i just tap "back" and go to a specific server option.. but if it could be fixed, it would be nice.
#46 - wabz
You did redownload it right? You definitely downloaded 0.7b? (Note: the version check in config won't tell you there's a new version available, because I didn't bump the version number). What patch of LFS are you using?
Quote from wabz :You did redownload it right? You definitely downloaded 0.7b? (Note: the version check in config won't tell you there's a new version available, because I didn't bump the version number). What patch of LFS are you using?

I downloaded it a couple of days ago, the new one, with this blue background, etc.. Is there some new version after it?
#48 - wabz
Quote from Blowtus :Hinirags - put this in your csr folder and point bfs to it.

Thanks anyway

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG