The online racing simulator
Quote from GFresh :I'm downloading this now, it's going very slowly @ 25kbps. I may be able to put this file up when i get it, i have 3gb of tranfer allowance left on my server for this month, lol 3 days left.
So with DaveWS's permission i will provide a high speed download link (i'm sure he wont mind) for a while.

Yeah sure you can provided another download mirror.
Quote from GFresh :... i have 3gb of tranfer allowance left on my server for this month...

I have ****lotta more left , wait for a mirror to popup soon . I'm gonna leave my current hosting company anyway, so I'll put some pressure to them.
Ok, well heres the link, not ultra fast at the moment (Just got about 110kbps from it, it's usually faster )

Full CSR Soundpack
Big tidy - merged all the CSR soundset threads into one uber-thread, you were taking over the unofficial add-ons forum, guys!

Enjoy
Quote from DaveWS :Yeah sure you can provided another download mirror.

I assume that this applies for everybody, so here it is.

Edit: Link removed!
Quote from deggis :Engine sample files are from GTR2's Lamborghini Murcielago, which has V12 (and FZR doesn't) but more important is that it sounds beefy.

Sound should be matched to the LFS car sound pitch quite well.

Download: http://torttu.net/temp/lfs/FZR_sound_pack.rar

Preview sample: http://torttu.net/temp/lfs/beefy_FZR.mp3

:eclipseeh

Now, dont be pissed, but I found that these sounds seems to suit the FZ50 more than the FZR. I changed the file names, and voila! Turned down the drivetrain noise.

What a GLORIOUS sound it is with the FZ5, especially when you let off the throttle at 6-7,000 rpms. :wow:
Never tried it with FZ50 but good if it fits
I just downloaded Dave's pack, and read the readme file. It says FZ5 and XRT soon... but i just drove XRT and it has an AWESOME new sounds, gearbox, turbo!, brake squeal.. is this from the new version of the CSR?
I thought that those new sounds like brake squeal and other are just for FZR and BF1.
Anyway, ho ever is to "blame" for this, it sounds just absolutely great!! I sreamed when i heard the XRT squealing under braking and that new Turbine sound.. ah.. fantastic!!
this compiled thread has made it all far harder to find
Could we perhaps have a thread for discussion and a thread just to post soundsets? Or can the soundset links be maintained in the first post?
Quote from Boris Lozac :I just downloaded Dave's pack, and read the readme file. It says FZ5 and XRT soon... but i just drove XRT and it has an AWESOME new sounds, gearbox, turbo!, brake squeal.. is this from the new version of the CSR?
I thought that those new sounds like brake squeal and other are just for FZR and BF1.
Anyway, ho ever is to "blame" for this, it sounds just absolutely great!! I sreamed when i heard the XRT squealing under braking and that new Turbine sound.. ah.. fantastic!!

Did it really say FZ5 and XRT?

Because I meant FZ5 and FXO. The XRT has new sounds by me. You will probably still have yamakawa's version of the FXO though still in your CSR folder.
Quote from Blowtus :this compiled thread has made it all far harder to find
Could we perhaps have a thread for discussion and a thread just to post soundsets? Or can the soundset links be maintained in the first post?

I'll consider those options.
Quote from DaveWS :Did it really say FZ5 and XRT?

Because I meant FZ5 and FXO. The XRT has new sounds by me. You will probably still have yamakawa's version of the FXO though still in your CSR folder.

It really says FZ5 and FXO soon.. illepall I don't know why i thought it says XRT soon.. i was really tired so i miss read it..
Anyway, congratulations on the XRT sound! It's just perfect, really. It mixes beautifully with the LFS sound, it's informative, "it's everything you ever want in a car!" (Tiff Needell reviewing Mclaren F1)...
Got another idea. Took the gearbox whine from the FOX and put it with the LX4 and LX6. Seemed fitting and it sounds great! Also replaced with a few cars the backfire noise so they will either have the "coffee can" sound or the "BANG!" noise.

I love this program!! You can really fiddle with it and see what you like.
i have a question.. is anyone able to make a soundset sounding like an bmw E30 M3? greets
Jayhawk, are you really 6 years old?
Quote from Electrik Kar :Jayhawk, are you really 6 years old?

Pardon me? No, I am not. 31, actually. Why are you asking this? Because I rearranged sounds to suit my liking? Because I think the LX's need the gearbox whine because in real life, a Caterham 7 would likely have the same sound? Is that it?

To what end is your question?
Quote from dj benson :i have a question.. is anyone able to make a soundset sounding like an bmw E30 M3? greets

You have to keep in mind that in order to do so, a sound needs to be sampled. So, you can find a friendly person with a M3 and ask them if you could record sounds, or perhaps one of the boffins here might own a E30. Username Deggis found sounds from another computer game, maybe try him!
Quote from jayhawk :Pardon me? No, I am not. 31, actually. Why are you asking this? Because I rearranged sounds to suit my liking? Because I think the LX's need the gearbox whine because in real life, a Caterham 7 would likely have the same sound? Is that it?

To what end is your question?

Probably he asked you because of the information in your profile:
Date of Birth:
1st January 2000

Quote from zeugnimod :Probably he asked you because of the information in your profile:
Date of Birth:
1st January 2000

Oh. craaaaaap. Sorry, E.K.!
Quote :Ok, well heres the link, not ultra fast at the moment (Just got about 110kbps from it, it's usually faster )

Full CSR Soundpack

Ok guys, i have now removed this file from my server, it's served it's purpose for the 3 days i promised (about 60 people have downloaded it from what i can work out), plus i've gone 1gb over my allowance (Lol, 4gb in 2 1/2 days)
outguage set up?
1. Open cfg.txt from your LFS folder, replace the last 5 lines with this:

OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 35555
OutGauge ID 0

2. check that the green light next to "User" is on in the CSR main window.

http://torttu.net/temp/csr.jpg

3. check your folder structure.

http://torttu.net/temp/csr2.jpg

4. do you have downloaded the DaveWS's sound pack? If not, then you aren't even suppose to hear sounds on other cars than BF1, FXO, FXR and FZR.
Request:

Ok, as a lot of you know, I have still yet to make sounds for the FXO and the FZ5 for the full sound pack.

For the FXO I am looking for someone who has a link to a decent quality sound of a Subaru Impreza onboard, or a video, suitable for taking good samples from. I have not managed to find any yet. An alternative is any samples of a Subaru Impreza from any games?

I would like the same for the FZ5, but I am looking for some good Porsche sounds.

Cheers.

Edit: deggis, if no one finds any good porsche sounds, do you think I could use your FZR sounds, which I would soften slightly? (because the FZR is a race bred racing car, unlike the FZ5) In fact I still don't know if I am going to use them for the FZR yet. Can't make up my mind.

I want this pack to be as realistic as possible though, and maybe a huge V12 lambo sound is going a bit far?? I'll try it anyhow.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG