The online racing simulator
well, oldstyle formula 1 cars are needed in LFS.. f*** the BF1, if we could get a 1985 turbo F1 instead!

the BRM has a unbelievable soundtrack to it though.. would be nice to have that ingame..
/me pushes play button on casette player.
"It's the end of the world as we know it! And I feel fine."
whatever works for you, of course I don't like CSR overpowering the normal LFS sounds, I like it working in tandem, and I didn't test it on anything but 1.
I can record one from need for speed underground 2, they have an 86 in there and they recorded actual sounds from it I believe...
No, you need CSR first
Quote :michaelnyden I can record one from need for speed underground 2, they have an 86 in there and they recorded actual sounds from it I believe...

If you wouldnt mind, although i dont think it will be what i want but ill take a look!
Quote from OoOSLIDE_OR_DIEOoO :can ya help me out wit the soundset skyline subaru or honda thanks for a xrt

Here is one I modified into a civic vtec sound set. You can hear the vtec change over. You make it work for the XRT but this set will not have the turbo sounds you can add them yourself. Just experiment a little. =]

http://www.mithinking.com/lfs/csr/XFG-civic.zip

It's hosted on one of my sites.
Quote from ajp71 :It seemed a bit lost on the XRR so I put it on the LX6 and upped the frequency by 10000 and added some backfire and it sounded spine chillingly awesome on a highly responsive n/a engine

would you be nice and upload your LX6 folder please the lx6 sound i got is crap and i think this one suites the lx6 to a t pritty please
Ok ive given it another shot but still cant seem to get anything decent, so instead ill post my sound source and possibly someone could have a go themselves! Or anyone who knows how i would get a chunk of sound to loop properly without it sounding iffy that would also be as helpful!

So here i post my findings, and err enjoy...

http://www.filefactory.com/file/301e7c
FXO CSR soundset
im busting out my mic later, and gonna make some pretty sweet customs sounds lol..
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Rule1: Take backup
Quote from steve :im busting out my mic later, and gonna make some pretty sweet customs sounds lol..

Quote from audimasta :loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Rule1: Take backup

By reading these two posts I came to the conclusion that someone else also had the same idea

If I say nakkitartsani and sound editing, I am pretty close, yes?
lol never saw that thread

just ment to be a joke

on a serious note, I got a half decent LX6 1 I made.. heres a quick preview, am i on the right track or what? sounds quite good on my audio system whens its pretty loud..

heres the vid clip http://files.filefront.com/lx6ggavi/;6078391;;/fileinfo.html
Sounds good Steve, but I think it needs more "grrrr" and low-end rumble. To kind of give it a meatier exhaust sputtering feel to it. A lot of the custom CSR sounds don't have much exhaust growl, they all sound kind of light and lacking. So all I think it needs (along with other custom sounds), is just some more growl. It needs some good bass.
You recored sound with a microphone...? Fraps would have been a bit easier and better result.

Probably the best LX6 sound so far (and there have been several LX sound packs already), though I would reduce the drive train noise.

Remember to try to match the pitch to the LFS car sound... it's hard though. First you need to record sound from LFS with the original sound, when the car is driving (get the car upside down so its easier) constant RPM, e.g. 4000, 6000 and 8000, then play the recorded sound files while you're tuning the CSR sounds in the editor.
Quote from deggis :First you need to record sound from LFS with the original sound, when the car is driving (get the car upside down so its easier) constant RPM, e.g. 4000, 6000 and 8000, then play the recorded sound files while you're tuning the CSR sounds in the editor.

I have noticed that if you are in windowed mode in LFS (dont know about fullscreen) and you switch to a different task e.g. CSR, whilst applying revs the sound will "stick" at that RPM allowing you to tune it with your CSR sample.
FULL Sound Pack for CSRemixer
I decided to make sounds for every car when I started becoming confused with all the various sound sets currently flying around.

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.4shared.com/get/5cU ... ull_CSR_SoundPack_v2.html
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/51494 ... Full_CSR_SoundPack_v2.rar

The sounds for every car have been edited, or made completely from scratch, including my earlier sounds (except the BRM).

Edit: Version 2 released. Changes made:

- New FXO sounds, engine based on a Subaru Impreza, due to both cars having a flat-4 layout

- New FZ5 sounds, based on Porsche flat-6 engine sounds

- New FZR sounds, based on Porsche flat-6 engine sounds

- Increase of volume and raspiness (slightly) of XRG, XRT, RB4, RAC, FXR and MRT

- Reduced percent of the fuel warning limit to 3% from 5%

- Various tweaks; engine pitch, gearchanges, drivetrains etc.

- Reduced volume slightly on LX4 and LX6

- Improved looping of some engine sounds, cutting out noises where the sound loops, e.g. FOX at high rpm

The "majority" of the sounds now use recordings from scratch, and not just ripped off other games.

The following cars are completely my work:

BF1 (NEW 2.4L v8 version, remember to tick the user box in CSR)
FO8
FZ5
FXO
MRT
RAC
RB4
XRG
XRT
XFG
FZR

The following cars use peoples sound sets which have been heavily edited by me:

UF1 (original pack from jamesgp2viper from the UFR)
LX4 (original pack from Turner89 from the LX6)

The following cars use peoples sound sets which have had small tweaks and additions (i.e. minor pitch adjustments, added brake squeal etc):

FOX (original pack from jamesgp2viper)
FXR (original pack from yamakawa)
UFR (original pack from jamesgp2viper)
XRR (original pack from jamesgp2viper)
LX6 (original pack from jamesgp2viper)
XFR (original pack from jamesgp2viper)

Note: Every car here can be used with the LFS sounds blended in, as I have matched the revs for all cars.
Before you upload the rest of your set, switch from zip to rar. You'll get about 20% better compression for .wav files, probably more.
I had to now anyway, because I exceeded max upload size
Nice

When you get the permission are you now going to upload every pack separately to that page or what? I mean would be nice if it really was one complete pack and not 20 separate files.

Are those sound packs made you that you have already uploaded there new revisions or the old ones that you have already released here before?

Are you going to update this pack in the future?
Quote from deggis :Nice

When you get the permission are you now going to upload every pack separately to that page or what? I mean would be nice if it really was one complete pack and not 20 separate files.

Are those sound packs made you that you have already uploaded there new revisions or the old ones that you have already released here before?

Are you going to update this pack in the future?

1. No I was going to upload a whole pack on filefront.

2. Soundpacks are all new revisions.

3. Hopefully.
Quote from DaveWS :1. No I was going to upload a whole pack on filefront.

3. Hopefully.

1. Good... yamakawa hasn't been here for a week, would be even nicer if he approved this pack and included the whole thing with CSR install.

3. Good, if I just can get my FZR sounds finished soon (old preview in my signature) you could include it too, of course if you prefer it over yamakawa's original one. Actually because this is a complete sound pack, it would be possible to include several different sound packs for cars. Changing them is so easy basicly, just renaming/swapping folders.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG