The online racing simulator
Which would you rather see?
(46 posts, started )
Quote :i do not remember Senna behaving like these guys...

Oh, Senna was only the guy that announced a deliberate crash and pulled it off in a 230km/h+ corner and still got to keep the championship.

About the ruthlessness: neither Alonso nor Schumacher are any better in that respect. You need to be ruthless to be a permanent contender, without ruthlessness you may win one championship by luck, with ruthlessness you will win multiple ones.
#27 - shim
D) put em both in a boxing ring and see who wins.. :P
Definately B.

If you dont hate Schumacher because he's a low down cheat, then you should hate him because the stewards are low down cheats who favour him.

Alonso, despite being reigning world champion and 2pts ahead, is very much the 'little guy' in this championship, and everyone loves an underdog.
#29 - JJ72
LOL Alonso an underdog???

He might be in the disadvantage recently but is no way the underdog, the underdog stands for drivers who doesn't really have a chance in the championship like Scoot Speed or Sato.
well he's an underdog compared to schumacher at the moment. All the momentum is with Schumi and most people would say that over the last few races he(Michael) has looked like he has had the slightly better car.
He's the underdog because his car has been sabotaged and the steward inquiries are ludicrously stacked against him.
Quote from Becky Rose :He's the underdog because his car has been sabotaged and the steward inquiries are ludicrously stacked against him.

Well if he wins the next 3 races his status will go from underdog to wonderdog
B) I've never liked Schumacher and never will, I still wouldn't say that Alonso is my favourite driver anymore as I now lean more towards Kubica after the incredible race on Sunday
Yes Kubica was exceptional, and Heidfeld wasn't. It's still a bit early to know how good this Kubica guy is but he has certainly been impressive so far. We must remember though that Alesi was 2nd in his first race and he only had a rather 'back of the pack' Tyrrell, but Alesi never went on to take the title. Look what happened to Nico Rosberg too, who turned out to be hardly a glimmer of the starlet everyone made him out to be.

These young stars come and go, and sometimes their light fades very quickly so i'm waiting to see with Kubica. I hope he does well though, it'd be nice to have another 'neutral' nationality at the front rather than a driver from a G7 nation.
Quote :He's the underdog because his car has been sabotaged

His car has been sabotaged? Please, get your head clear.

Besides, the outlook for Alonso is significantly better than for Schumacher:

a) He's two points ahead.
b) Next race is Shanghai, a track where Schumacher has a record of bad performances.
c) Suzuka is wide open
d) There is a significant chance of rain each year at either Suzuka or Interlagos which we, as saw in Hungary, will favor Michelin tires and thus Alonso.

Also saying that Alonso had the inferior package totally ignores the fact that Renault dominated the first half of the season, taking 7 wins in the first 9 races (6 by Alonso, won by Fisichella), so they had the superior car at least for half the season.
As for the new guys coming through, I don't rate Rosberg or Hamilton that highly to be honest, but I think Kubica and Kovy (ha, that gets me out of spelling it) are the genuine articles. I'd love to see Kimi and Kovy at Ferrari, beating the living daylights out of Hamilton, Alonso et al.
I would dispute you on a couple of those. I havent seen kovalainen race in GP2 but he really hasn't impressed me much in terms of testing and friday practice times and i dont really have much else to go on so i think its a kind of wait and see for him.
From what i have seen of Hamilton he looks to be quite a strong prospect and seems to have some of the agression that button is lacking so i think that if he gets a McLaren seat and the car is somewhat reliable that he can be up the front.
I agree with you on kubica and rosberg in that Kubica has lots of potential and that rosberg seems to be decidedly average.
Quote :I havent seen kovalainen race in GP2 but he really hasn't impressed me much in terms of testing and friday practice times

He'd have a hard time impressing you on Fridays considering he didn't run any Friday testing...
He did have a few best times on testing days. I do consider Hamilton as more promising as well, though, simply because he put up more of a fight in his GP2 championship run. His driving after he spun in Turkey was inspiring, but maybe even more so was his performance in Silverstone.
yeah, but as you say - his drive after his nooby spin was inspired. I'd expect him, being in contention (at the time) for the championship to scythe his way through the slower cars, but the fact is he did a Montoya, and we all know what a miserable failure he was.
#40 - aoun
Hate them both.. would be good for schummy to win it but F the fag.. what a cheater!!!
"A", of course it would be a great end of his career.
Whoever wins Suzuka will take the champoinship. If Alonso manages to beat MS at that track then he deserves the win. China and Brazil are kinda non entity tracks in my mind. Suzuka is still a very real challenge and I've yet to see anyone do it better than MS.
I vote for
F) Alonso is 1 point ahead before Brazil, then during the race pulls of a "Schumacher" and ends both races. He then gets deducted all points of the season so that Schumacher villeneuve-esquely gets handed the title.
Quote from tristancliffe :but as you say - his drive after his nooby spin was inspired.

he is a noob it's his first year, he's going to spin sometimes
It's not really his first year, it's like his 14th year or something.
I'd say A because after Senna he's the one I liked watching drive in the rain - pity there haven't been many wet races.

I wish Alonso would take up the bet with Rossi after the crap he had to say.

"But then again, I would also do well in MotoGP if I would take time to practice." said Alonso... "Ha ha" the world says.

Which would you rather see?
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG