The online racing simulator
Aston 2.0
(62 posts, started )
Aston 2.0
[B]Aston 2.0c
by Electrik Kar/Unseen

[B]Download[/B] (most recent version -2.0[B]c[/B]- [B]24/5/07[/B])

* 27 reworked files! (full pack)

[B]LATEST UPDATE:[/B] [B]30/05/07 [/B]

* Curbs and road improved. Overwrites 3 files from 2.0c
Attached images
as0.jpg
as1.jpg
as2.jpg
as3.jpg
as4.jpg
as5.jpg
as6.jpg
ascurbfin.jpg
Hmmm the curbs and other white-ish elements look kinda of blue to me in the cloudy? conditions.
#3 - Jakg
i like it, but could you please make another version of ADS_AST_2.dds with the AMD logos instead of the Intel ones?
For you, Jakg, anything...
hehe Jakg, AMD would however look cooler..

track looks nice.. will give it a try...

edit* fixed!
#6 - Jakg
Quote from Madman_CZ :hehe Jaqk, AMD would however look cooler..

track looks nice.. will give it a try...

ok, this is enough, it's Jakg, not Jaqk, JakQ or whatever, ok?

and i do have a .dds which is exactly what i want, but its just the original with the AMD logos slapped on and made by somoene else, so i cant rip it apart
Quote : track looks nice..

Devil007's tracks from Blackwood are blended in there, have to mention that. Kudos again to Devil007...
I have now tested the mod and i have come to a conclusion that i like it. I am not too keen however on the brighter green artificial runoffs (outside of turn one) but that just personal preference, older texture was better.

It did hit my fps a little on my ageing system but its worth it..

@Jakg, for sum reason i always thought it was Jakq and was lazy to check when i wasnt sure and had to type it! so apologies
#9 - Jakg
sorry for being pedantic Madman BZ!
Quote :brighter green artificial runoffs

Hmm. Should be the same colour. If you compare the old and the new one side by side, they should look similar. Hm, dunno.
Quote from Jakg :i like it, but could you please make another version of ADS_AST_2.dds with the AMD logos instead of the Intel ones?

@Jakglowlantern: Should keep it Intel so this can just be a track texture addon. Maybe AMD could be a "booster" pack, hahah (/end ironic joke).
#12 - Jakg
Quote from Tweaker :@Jakglowlantern: Should keep it Intel so this can just be a track texture addon. Maybe AMD could be a "booster" pack, hahah (/end ironic joke).

thus i said another, that could be attatched to a subseuent post to avoid confusion Tweakerhinocerous
Wow. Nice texture.
Have a look at this Electrik Kar, the kerb you have made is much lighter. I do like that its high resolution but i somehow cannot get use to the colour of it. Its not a big deal thought as i can change the colour of the kerb that you have made to a more darker green for my pleasure... if you dont mind that is..

apart from that,

Great Work

mad
Attached images
curb colour.jpg
Pardon- I misunderstood. I thought you meant the GW-bitumen1 texture. I see what you mean now. You're right, it's quite different. I can work on it- there's a couple really small things I wan't to do for this track still, maybe I can include a fix at a later date. Otherwise, tweak away
Quote from Jakg :
and i do have a .dds which is exactly what i want, but its just the original with the AMD logos slapped on and made by somoene else, so i cant rip it apart

Go for your life Jakg
Rip it apart, i don't care. claim it as your own if you'd like lol. It's just a small texture i did coz i was bored
You can use it however you like
Hi Electrik Kar,
I am finally back from my 2weeks+ vacation around Czech Republic and what I have noticed ....nice update.
Will look into it closely once I will sort out everything at home .I am looking forward to another co-operation with you.Cya soon
Nice work there thanks for this one.
#20 - joen
Lovely work again Electrik
Quote :
I am finally back from my 2weeks+ vacation around Czech Republic

Great to see you around again, Devil007 . You sounded pretty busy just before you went so I guess the time off was well deserved. Hope you're refreshed now...

My computer is done at home, won't boot up. Looks serious but I'm no technician so I can't really say. Will get someone to have a look at it tomorrow. I'm applying for uni (bachelor of multimedia) so its a bad time to just have everything shut down when I need to do my applications.. After things settle I'll work some more on some textures. Dev007- maybe we can work on a Fern Bay remake sometime? Talk to you later...

PS- thanks guys for the comments.
Gee, it's frustrating not having my main computer. Without it all I can do is type away in the dark on an archaic laptop with a Turkish keyboard layout (confusing) ,no 3d video card (hence no LFS) and roam through the forums. Not that that isn't fun. But it's been almost a week.

Will have another (small) update for you guys when I get things back in gear. I want to colour correct the kerb that madman pointed out, and also colour correct the curb that Tweak pointed out! (get rid of that blue if possible). Also, there's a slight error in the big Michelin sign, a shadowing error that I only realised was there after I uploaded the zip. No big deal really. But I want to work on that whole texture some more and make it nicer. There's a few more ads to do... It's been awhile between official updates from the devs so I'm hoping these little texture mods can help to ease the drought for some of us while we all wait for the main course..

I may also update the Blackwood texture pack slightly as well. If anyone's still got any criticisms or suggestions for either of the packs now would be a good time to hear 'em.

I got nothing better to do.

Have fun with LFS
Madman, Tweaker, follks

I've updated the GWcurb1 file. The colours are more correct now and I've squashed the grill pattern down making it more square like the original. There's a screenshot below. You can get the update above in the original post (2.0b- I never know what the hell to call these things) which includes the curb texture and a better michelin2 texture. If you would like me to work on anything else please just ask

Got my computer back today with a new motherboard. Windows was reinstalled so now I'm reinstalling everything else in bits and pieces. The first thing I did was go online and join a multiplayer LFS server. Big mistake. I jumped in the BMW thinking I need some thrills and at the first corner of Aston rammed into the back of some poor guy, destroying his race! Humiliated, I apologised profusely, assuring everyone I wasn't out to wreck. Narrowly ecaped a ban. But I lost my confidence after that and decided some texture work would be an easier way to ease back into LFS after weeks of drought. Boy I really need some racing practice.. illepall
Attached images
curbcorrect.jpg
Quote from Electrik Kar :
Got my computer back today with a new motherboard. Windows was reinstalled so now I'm reinstalling everything else in bits and pieces. The first thing I did was go online and join a multiplayer LFS server. Big mistake. I jumped in the BMW thinking I need some thrills and at the first corner of Aston rammed into the back of some poor guy, destroying his race! Humiliated, I apologised profusely, assuring everyone I wasn't out to wreck. Narrowly ecaped a ban. But I lost my confidence after that and decided some texture work would be an easier way to ease back into LFS after weeks of drought. Boy I really need some racing practice.. illepall

Oh Poor guy. We all know what it feels like to be called a wrecker when it was an accident.
Quote from Electrik Kar :Aston 2.0b
by Electrik Kar *

A high-res texture replacement pack for LFS

Replaces signs, ads, tracks, walls, grass, gravel textures...

Download (latest version 20/9/06 - includes the previous update, re-worked again, and a missing texture)

Hope you enjoy!

great and hard work very thanks !

Aston 2.0
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG