The online racing simulator
15 min onboard with Peter Solberg 2004 Finland Rally
Faster Download link at bottom... Thnx for hosting Orion....

Just came across this the other nite at www..ukf1.net forum

http://href.hu/x/k98

Click link to start DL, 373meg file.

17 minutes clip at 2004 Finland Rally

All Onboard with Peter Solberg, from start till finish, fastest recorded time on this section..

BTW
I'm on adsl and had to let it DL all nite. But worth the download.. Pretty sure u also need the DivX codec to watch it.

Hope you guys enjoy!!

UPDATE

4 days later, thnx to Orion, we have a faster DL link..

Rough 27 meg file & also High Quality file 373 meg file can be DL at link below
http://www.zt-racing.clanfarm.com/solberg.htm

Also just upload a karting accidents video below
http://www.zt-racing.clanfarm. ... -racing/upload.cgi?m=yes2

Orion, many thnx again for hosting, hope i don't kill your limit.

Geoff
Downloading it now it must be a great video but are you blind? There's a thread called "Racing Videos" on the top of this forum area! You just couldn't post this to that thread?
#3 - ORION
WOAH 3,12 kb/s for me
only 53 hours to go, but my notebook power will last for 5 hours...
yeah... its downloading at an amazingly slow rate. Did someone steal my cable modem and replace it with 28k dialup?
#5 - Gunn
Same here, gonna take 29 hours on my high speed cable. Sounds like a cool video though. I might wait and see if the connection gets better tomorrow.
#6 - OPK
I started to d/l it on Saturday morning...it stopped downloading after 240MB and 14 hours :/

Gonna try again using a download manager, cause the video is really awesome!!
wow, that is rallying , thx, even if that take a night to be dled
Can someone not host it on a faster server? Movies pit for instance?
#9 - ORION
I can host it, if I manage to download it, or someone else can upload it
Only 8 more hours to wait... awsome. Not. :/
#11 - OPK
I gave it up
It stops randomly and the download starts from the beginning

So I only managed to get 10 minutes of the clip, but these 10 minutes are breathtaking.
So many information read out so fast....w00t

If someone can offer a faster download source I´d be glad
Well, just as you stated previously, use a download manager. I get ~17kb/s now. Still sucks, tho.
#13 - OPK
I used one.
Mass downloader.

But the connection seems to break down from time to time (ran the whole night now, downloading ~130MB) and then the download starts from zero

I´ll try getright now...
im using a download manager which most downloads with it gives me 400kb/s - 1.3mb/s but this video is giving me 8 - 14kb/s. is there any other links to this file that are faster?
Well it took whole day and whole night and then some with Getright, resumed correctly few times and all is fine.

Whoah... I have no words. Gee, amount of concentration required to just dicipher what the co-driver is reading is amazing, and then to drive like that for this long... I have to watch it again now that I'm slightly used to what each pacenote means... Trully breathtaking, scary and amazing what these guys manage to do!
#16 - OPK
Also pay attention to the co-driver catching breath in between sometimes, because there are so many notes to read out and he can´t afford to make a short brake

Both, driver and co-driver are doing a great job.
Generally in rally
could one of you guys upload it to yousendit or a similar site for us?
I can put it on a P2P (Emule) if you are interrested.
The link you give does not work for me (Time out)

edit :
ed2k://|file|Solberg.avi|391650758|062AE59352E03F3867FB55279BE0856E|h=3KWC7LIHMDZWA54FBH7Z636ZWFJR54XW|/
it says ill formed hash
damn, I don't see where I can enter the link in my version :s , so I can't test...

but I'm on Razorback 2.0 (195.245.244.243 on port 4661), if you do a search on Solberg you will find it (Solberg.avi 373.51Mo)
Quote from ORION :If there is anyone who has already downloaded it, feel free to upload it here:

http://www.zt-racing.clanfarm. ... load/zt-racing/upload.cgi

I have disabled the pw, I hope it works

now it seems that works

Hochladen der Datei in Arbeit Status: 3813376 von 391651607 bytes gesendet (51 KB/s)
Restzeit: 02:02:02
Gesamtzeit: 00:01:12

edit : 1h40 left :s , going to bed, I'm working tomorrow
-
(OPK) DELETED by OPK
Blah yeah, I tried to download the file from the original hosting and it fails up to about 125+/- mb. Oh well... hope I can get it from this upload you're arranging .
#24 - OPK
k, I opened 4 connection by GetRight now, seems to work well, 45% atm.
I hope it´ll be done until tomorrow afternoon
#25 - J.B.
I just finished the download. What can I say? The level of concentration displayed by both Petter Solberg and Phil Mills is just beyond belief.

Phil Mills packs so much information into his comments, I simply don't understand how anybody could possibly absorb and interpret all of it. I mean even if I was just listening to him and trying to visualize the stage he is describing, without having to actually drive the stage at insane speeds, mastering all sorts of hairy moments on the way, I just wouldn't be able to keep up my concentration for more than a few minutes. Let alone for three days from morning till evening. I'm really impressed.

They are just on a level where I cannot possibly imagine myself being able to do the things they do. This is different to most other forms of motorsport, where when you see the onboard cameras, you can certainly imagine being able to do the same thing, given the opportunity and the track time. Watching this just makes it obvious that as rally drivers most of us would either kill themselves or just be hopelessly slow. I don't think the same would be true for F1.

Thanks for the vid, everybody should download it. illepall

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG