The online racing simulator
Website that shows all S1/S2 licenses sold
(78 posts, closed, started )
Sorry Phlos but I couldnt help myself.You are maybe talented man but with bad reputation and high amount of self showing how good you are.
Quote from Phlos :but you can only do 1 request / ~5 secs
To update ~110 000 users it would take ~6 days

Have you ever heard about word called "patient"
Quote :So I did the same thing by parsing LFS World and LFS Forum (tried to optimise all http query as much as I can to prevent high traffic ) and it took ~ 30 hours for whole DB... that was the only way sorry

You should know quite well its not only about traffic.
Quote : I know I should ask you before doing it, but you said you don't want to talk to me anymore, so I could not do it in a "clean way" anyway.

What was preventing you from still sending the PM to Victor or post here on the forum your aim so it could be well know what your preparing? Maybe you were quite aware they would not be allowed to "spam" the server.
Quote :
Victor. I'm not bad as you think

I hope so...work on yourself
Scraping websites is never tollerated usually. I don't know why this is important anyways. Sure people have wanted to know how many licensed users there are... but as long as lots of people are playing, I am happy
DEVIL 007, it's really a war between me and Victor. The last PM I sent to him (about a bug in LFS World) was not even read So I highly doubt he would code something for me to grab license status easily
Scawen is a lot nicer with me, he always answer and give me informations I need to code my apps : everything is fine with him.

So the only solution is to do heavy traffic on the LFS World server to get this tiny information...yes it's strange, but it's how it is : Victor doesn't want to help me.

Did you know it would take only few seconds (not joking !) to get whole racers database (with nickname/license_status fields only ) with a remote SQL request if Victor wanted to help me ?

So yes it's definitavely not nice to do this heavy traffic, but I cannot do anything else until Victor acts like that
Genuine question if anyone wants to tell me: Why are people always so hostile towards Phlos? Answer via PM is probably best to avoid flame wars.
Because I always do projects that no one does, as this one.
getting 12Gb, doing tens of thousands of queries in a short timeframe is what I consider hostile behaviour. Simple as that.
For this reason exactly, pubstats were brought to life - we can't have everyone sucking our website because they want some stat on their website. If you can't live with the 5 second tarpitting, then you have the option to go for the premium pubstat.

Why Phlos thinks he doesn't have to go by the rules is beyond me. And getting direct access to our database - man, you MUST be joking... If you can't see why I would never ever allow you to do that, then I give up.
Because he hacks LFS, generates things like the handbrake cheat (I think it was), uploads 'illegal' hotlaps, tries to undermine the devs work, and generally feels spited that he isn't quite clever enough to make a successful simulation himself and can only manage to find flaws in them.

His excuse? That he is putting them through a better test by exposing vulnerabilities. The real reason? He has no friends and insufficient talent.

I'm used to flame wars, especially with Phlos, so I can't be bothered to click PM.

At the last count six people in the LFS community didn't hate everything about him. That may have increased to eight by now. Maybe seven after his 'insert username, password and personal details' box in his LFS Joining program thing.
Victor, I never heard about this "premium pubstats", it sounds interesting, what is it ?
EDIT : Searched it, sounds nice but not for my project, it will cost me few £ / day to update whole DB ... I have a lot of bandwidth not used on my server, maybe we can make a deal ?

And sure you will never give me access to your database
But you can create a private "view" of the 2 fields I need and everyone will be happy, it's easy to do that. If you still don't want (I can understand !), a "private" php script that output in raw (or plain text) the "nickname / license status" would be nice too, and no more heavy traffic for both solutions, it will just take few seconds to update each day

Again, it's as you want Victor...
Don't you think this stat would be on LFSW if the devs wanted it to be public?
Quote from Victor :getting 12Gb, doing tens of thousands of queries in a short timeframe is what I consider hostile behaviour.

Sorry, I should've said "apart from this dick move spamming the server with queries".

Quote from tristancliffe :Because he hacks LFS, generates things like the handbrake cheat (I think it was), uploads 'illegal' hotlaps, tries to undermine the devs work, and generally feels spited that he isn't quite clever enough to make a successful simulation himself and can only manage to find flaws in them.

Oh right. Didn't realise we actually knew who was responsible for the hacks. Why is he still here?
Quote from bal00 :Don't you think this stat would be on LFSW if the devs wanted it to be public?

I don't think it's totally "secret" because you just have to look at your nickname here. Yes it's written "S2 licensed". You see ? It's not a "secret"
@Phlos
I dont think saying that you have a war with Victor is a really wise idea but thats your thing.

You have to just live with that that Victor and Scawen have different character and not complain about it.If Victor doesnt want to talk to you he must have a reason for this not matter valid or not.Its his decision so you should respect it.

You made a heavy traffic for which DEVS paid but obviously for me unknow reason even you know its bad thing you have done it.

I think you should be really more thinking before you are going to do something and what impact will have it.Seems you like to "brake the rules" and you still think its a correct behaviour.I dont think so but its up to you.

EDIT:I think its up to them what they decide to be secret or not.
Quote from tristancliffe :Because he hacks LFS, generates things like the handbrake cheat (I think it was), uploads 'illegal' hotlaps, tries to undermine the devs work, and generally feels spited that he isn't quite clever enough to make a successful simulation himself and can only manage to find flaws in them.

His excuse? That he is putting them through a better test by exposing vulnerabilities. The real reason? He has no friends and insufficient talent.

I'm used to flame wars, especially with Phlos, so I can't be bothered to click PM.

At the last count six people in the LFS community didn't hate everything about him. That may have increased to eight by now. Maybe seven after his 'insert username, password and personal details' box in his LFS Joining program thing.

You are a ****ing liar tristancliffe.
I never did any cheats in LFS, the handbrake shit was not made by me... illepall

And about the 'insert username, password and personal details', you really lie too. I explained why, the app needs this coz it uses official LFS protocol and in ****ing TCP packets (you know what it is ?) I must put the encrypted password of the username to be able to "speak" with the main LFS server. So just STFU, I hate you, you ****ing lie about me, as always.

If I have a bad reputation it's because of liar like you that try to put every "cheats" or bad stuffs on me
Quote from Phlos :
I never did any cheats in LFS

And now you liar too.We all know you have cheated several times ago.No matter form it was its still cheating.
Maybe just maybe if you asked the devs permission to use there data they might not be so hostile?

The other thing is this project is of no use to anyone bar the devs and they already have the information, just because you can do something doesnt mean you should...
Quote from Phlos :I don't think it's totally "secret" because you just have to look at your nickname here. Yes it's written "S2 licensed". You see ? It's not a "secret"

Displaying the status of individual forum users is not quite the same as compiling and publishing rather vital business data. Use a little common sense here.
So it's speculation that Phlos writes cheats? That's a pretty harsh accusation, if it's based solely on the fact that he likes to toss about with the code. Kegetys does a lot of poking memory addresses and makes some remarkable stuff happen, but nobody ever accuses him of writing cheats.
Anyway it's off topic. So if you want to talk about that, just make a topic with your proofs. It's too easy to say someone cheats without any proof
You have a DFP now..... go play with that instead
I still don't have it
It will probably come tomorrow or at least this week.

EDIT : And anyway I don't see what it changes...mouse or wheel if I have a cheat, it will be the same.
Quote from Phlos :Victor, I never heard about this "premium pubstats", it sounds interesting if it's true, what is it ?

And sure you will never give me access to your database
But you can create a private "view" of the 2 fields I need and everyone will be happy, it's easy to do that. If you still don't want (I can understand !), a "private" php script that output in raw (or plain text) the "nickname / license status" would be nice too, and no more heavy traffic for both solutions, it will just take few seconds to update each day

Again, it's as you want Victor...

I know your game your trying to hack lfs datebase and stuff.
@thisnameistaken
How long you are in LFS.Seems not quite a long time.

@Phlos
If I would have any prooff of that I would post it but I remember quite well a long time ago 0.2 demo or S1(sorry my memory is not so good) we have met on server and you have admitted that you know how to cheat online.No I cant give any evidence about that but I remeber that quite well.

I dont like flames or wars because I am very patient guy in realife but you should finally admit you are not really playing according to rules sometimes.Doesnt matter if its cheating or spaming server or collecting "sensitive" data or what so ever.You should have invest your talent in better things and maybe people will have some respect to you later.

Seems you like to more show off
Quote from faster111 :I know your game your trying to hack lfs datebase and stuff.

Jesus...please not you:-(
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to defend Phlos here. I have known him for quite a while now and I have never seen him using cheats or talking about cheats or even seen any suspicous driving from him.

Although many of you don't agree with this website because of the strain on the LFS servers etc etc, you can't deny the fact that Phlos has constantly been trying to contribute to the community and this game and people should start respecting that instead of jumping on the bandwagon and make false accusations towards him.
\o/ i'm licensed today
This thread is closed

Website that shows all S1/S2 licenses sold
(78 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG