The online racing simulator
Blackwood 2.0
(193 posts, started )
I get this error message from winrar:

xxx\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\YXYJEKML\blackwood2[1].zip: CRC failed in BWcurbs1.dds. The file is corrupt

Quote from Xaid0n :I get this error message from winrar:

xxx\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\YXYJEKML\blackwood2[1].zip: CRC failed in BWcurbs1.dds. The file is corrupt

Where did you download the .zip from? If other are having the same trouble, I will upload the file again. If you haven't already, try downloading again. Maybe there was a hiccup.
well dont upload it on rapidshare, i can't download from that
#29 - Jakg
Quote from Xaid0n :well dont upload it on rapidshare, i can't download from that

hit me on MSN and ill send it to you

EDIT - Seeing as that didnt work, im putting it on YouSendIt as a self extracting .exe with the sky and textures

EDIT 2 - here is the link - http://www.yousendit.com/trans ... amp;ufid=7E3C5211247952E2
For those who criticised that maybe the track looks too new, or simply anyone who prefers the older track style, I've been tempted to respond with what might be a good balance between the definition of Devil007's track, and the worn in feeling of the original.

Really, to be honest, there is no 'new' work here. The track is simply a combination (50/50) between the original and Devil007's track. So, I can't take any credit for it. As stated above, it's simply a response to subjective preferences. Maybe Devil007 will work on this further sometime.

Anyway,

You can get the tracks here..
http://rapidshare.de/files/289 ... _2.0_newoldtrack.zip.html

Edit:- Now in the LFS database, link in original post. Again, thanks Highsider9!
Attached images
newoldtrack.jpg
newold.jpg
great texture electrik... nice work
Quote from Electrik Kar :For those who criticised that maybe the track looks too new, or simply anyone who prefers the older track style, I've been tempted to respond with what might be a good balance between the definition of Devil007's track, and the worn in feeling of the original.

Looks great! I'll definitely be running this version over the weekend. Great job, guys!
Wow works great for me... just an observation though, and I don't know if this is just because I was looking really closely, have u guys modifed the "sunlight" level or something? because the car shadow is now quite well defined and looks really neat! Maybe it was there before but i hadn't noticed it... or maybe it was harder to see on the lighter surface colour? Anyways, it all looks sweet to me! I love those kerbs and the skies are pretty damn cool too! Great work guys, keep it up for other tracks!!
Looks *excellent* thanks. I'm using the 2nd road texture set you released, it just seems to fit the atmosphere of Blackwood better. Definately the best BL texture set released

Only downside, is I did have to go back to demo to try it Such a shame no-one uses XFR/UFR's at BL.
Darkone, Tweaker, etc...

I'm working on creating a better looking blend between the track and grass&gravel. I'm tailoring things to the lighter track atm (I've also slightly improved the lighter track, but very minor- some slight colour correction). I still don't think the darker track needs much blending (it's newer so the edge should be sharper I guess) - but if you really want me to work on it, I will (maybe:razz.

Anyway, here's an update. I'll try and get some files out by tonight..
Attached images
blend1.jpg
blends2.jpg
Good improvement
http://rapidshare.de/files/29274030/Blackwood_2.1.zip.html

This is the link to the update. It includes the tarmac, edited grass/gravel textures, and a speed signs update (fairly trivial). Note:- some may still not be happy with the grass blending here. This is tricky stuff- as the road is darker/ligher in different places of the track, the grass tends to stay the same, and because the blend effect is on the grass texture, there can be mismatching of colours when placed against the track. Also, sometimes the blending looks too thin (I guess this was the previous criticism), sometimes it looks just right. Eric moved the grass textures around a bit, sometimes it shifts to the side, which makes the blend very thin/disappear. Sometimes there is no blend texture at all. I'm sorry if it still looks a bit off in some places- there's really not much I can do (except make a bigger blending effect, but when I do that it starts to look really crap). Have a go, tell me what you think, but expect this to be the last update for a while (I guess, who knows). You could always have a go yourself!
#40 - orre
It's is realy good, i wont use it ( i want orginals) but i think it's realy good
Quote from Electrik Kar :Darkone, Tweaker, etc...

I'm working on creating a better looking blend between the track and grass&gravel. I'm tailoring things to the lighter track atm (I've also slightly improved the lighter track, but very minor- some slight colour correction). I still don't think the darker track needs much blending (it's newer so the edge should be sharper I guess) - but if you really want me to work on it, I will (maybe:razz.

Anyway, here's an update. I'll try and get some files out by tonight..

Awsome!
Gah, "Download Session Invalid". Stupid Rapidshare. Or Stupid BT, Rapidshare hasn't worked for me for over a year now.

Any chance of a mirror elsewhere?
I posted the link to Highsider; hopefully he will get it up on the LFS database soon. He hasn't failed me yet, so...
Hopefully, thats where I've downloaded the other files from His got a fast server..
Quote from Electrik Kar :I posted the link to Highsider; hopefully he will get it up on the LFS database soon. He hasn't failed me yet, so...

Electrik i put the File now on LFS Database. When you have a new file, contact me per ICQ or something else. Than we can put you Files at first on the lfs database and you have a link, where all can downloaded the files.

Great Pack Guys, really great, looks cool.

Download by LFS Database
Electrik thanks, Electric Wolf
very very nice update!! thank you! looks mad.
I've just tested Blackwood 2.0 & 2.1. The new textures look really good, thanks for the work!

What I noticed is, that the textures on the car park have different colors. Maybe you can fix them for the next release?
i combined the two version for my download...
hope this ist ok and works

Blackwood 2.0
(193 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG